BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

08-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

I have a question regarding the automatic headlights and daytime running lights.

Is the green light by the light knob supposed to b on all the time. I can almost guarantee i remember that little light being on all the time and when turning the light knob to the O postion (off) it would turn on the daytime running lights alone. Is this so, or am i allucinating? Also, when on auto, isnt the little green light thing supposed to b on the corner of the dash all the time? I think something might have happened to my auto headlights. Can someone shed some light please. thank u
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 05:59 AM   #2
bigmaze
bigmaze
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08 m3/ss2/mt/pre/teck/inhance

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
Is the green light by the light knob supposed to b on all the time. I can almost guarantee i remember that little light being on all the time and when turning the light knob to the O postion (off) it would turn on the daytime running lights alone. Is this so, or am i allucinating? Also, when on auto, isnt the little green light thing supposed to b on the corner of the dash all the time? I think something might have happened to my auto headlights. Can someone shed some light please. thank u
ok.here is how it works..if your nob is turned into the middle that means your daytime running lights on are unless you went into the idrive and disengaged them your self other than that its automatic....now if you turn the nob all the way to the left that means you adaptive head lights are on which is a brighter low beam but when you shut the car off you can leave it in that possition and it wont effect your battery...now the green light comes on when you have turned the nob to the right (second to the last setting thats when you will see the green light in the idrive..hope this some what answers your question..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
sg///M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 DCT

Daytime running lights (angel eyes/halos) are controlled through the i-drive menu. Turning the headlight knob to the left puts them into auto mode, meaning the headlights will turn on and off automatically depending on ambient lighting. The green light in the dash cluster indicates when the headlights are on (if the green indicator which looks like two little lamps with rays coming off of it is on, then the headlights are on).
Not sure about the little light by the headlight knob itself. Also not sure if it's the same in the G35 (as indicated in your profile). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

The little green light next to the 'A' position for the headlight switch is only illuminated when the headlights are on and in the 'A' (adaptive) position. This is how it worked in my E46 as well (which also had the adaptive headlight option).

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0