BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #23
gjpinoy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW M3 E92

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [9.60]
if you want to be 100% sure there is no point just call DMV.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #24
jrlee53
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Hopefully there's no points for it, but definitely would give DMV a call (might need to take a day off of work just to wait to get through i hear). Definitely queue up the bluetooth when you get your car.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #25
shamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3, 2017 X5M

Definitely no points in NJ. Just a word of caution...if you're going to try to contest the ticket simply because the officer wrote down the incorrect color, you're going to get laughed at by the judge. You are not "qualified" to contest anything unless you have a lawyer there. The prosecutor/judge won't even give you the time of day.

This might work in California, but out of the many many many many tickets I've received throughout my life in NJ, that will never work here.
      07-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #26
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
Definitely no points in NJ. Just a word of caution...if you're going to try to contest the ticket simply because the officer wrote down the incorrect color, you're going to get laughed at by the judge. You are not "qualified" to contest anything unless you have a lawyer there. The prosecutor/judge won't even give you the time of day.

This might work in California, but out of the many many many many tickets I've received throughout my life in NJ, that will never work here.
Thanks for the info on the points. Well, what's the worst that can happen? I end up paying the fine. But, at least we'll all find out if this is legitimate defense. If the officer wrote down the wrong color of the vehicle, it's plausible he pulled the wrong car over. That seems logical to me. I don't know why this would be any different in any state, California or NJ.

I got this from this link:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/aut...t_myths_a1.asp

Myth No. 1: If the officer makes a single mistake on your ticket, the case will be dropped.
A ticket should be seen as an accusatory instrument and a basis for prosecution that must be factually valid, says Matisyahu Wolfberg, an attorney from Spring Valley, N.Y., who represents defendants in traffic cases and lists tips on his Web site www.notspeeding.com. Clerical mistakes, such as a wrong number or wrong order of a person's name, are usually overlooked. Material mistakes, like the identity of the driver, the direction of travel, the street where the citation occurred or the description of the vehicle, can usually help a driver win the case. "Any mistakes that involve who, where and how, usually can be used to beat the case in a trial. If the description of the vehicle is inaccurate, the officer will usually lose," says Wolfberg. He recalls one recent case in which the officer cited a white Mercedes when the defendant was actually driving a black Porsche.

Well, this is just one peron's opinion, but I thought it was worth finding out. I already have the courtdate, so we will see.
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #27
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sleeper View Post
You are joking right? Ever seen someone turn, phone in hand? Nah, cant do that blinker thing, cant you see I have one hand full? How is your peripheral on your phone hand side? Good? Its terrifying being next to some yoyo who is chatting it up on his phone next to me in traffic. All I can see is the back of his hand covering part of his face, yapping away. And yes, its ALSO the lack of concentration. Whats really scary is all the car manufacturers adding things like Facebook to cars. WTF?
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #28
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqsmooth View Post
Thanks for the info on the points. Well, what's the worst that can happen? I end up paying the fine. But, at least we'll all find out if this is legitimate defense. If the officer wrote down the wrong color of the vehicle, it's plausible he pulled the wrong car over. That seems logical to me. I don't know why this would be any different in any state, California or NJ.

I got this from this link:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/aut...t_myths_a1.asp

Myth No. 1: If the officer makes a single mistake on your ticket, the case will be dropped.
A ticket should be seen as an accusatory instrument and a basis for prosecution that must be factually valid, says Matisyahu Wolfberg, an attorney from Spring Valley, N.Y., who represents defendants in traffic cases and lists tips on his Web site www.notspeeding.com. Clerical mistakes, such as a wrong number or wrong order of a person's name, are usually overlooked. Material mistakes, like the identity of the driver, the direction of travel, the street where the citation occurred or the description of the vehicle, can usually help a driver win the case. "Any mistakes that involve who, where and how, usually can be used to beat the case in a trial. If the description of the vehicle is inaccurate, the officer will usually lose," says Wolfberg. He recalls one recent case in which the officer cited a white Mercedes when the defendant was actually driving a black Porsche.

Well, this is just one peron's opinion, but I thought it was worth finding out. I already have the courtdate, so we will see.
You're going to end up paying the ticket cost + court fees. Just pay the ticket and be done.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #29
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
When I see someone driving and using their phones, I feel like breaking their windows and slamming their face into the steering wheel until blood splatters on the windshield... that way no one else can possibly get hurt by their stupidity.
      07-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #30
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
When I see someone driving and using their phones, I feel like breaking their windows and slamming their face into the steering wheel until blood splatters on the windshield... that way no one else can possibly get hurt by their stupidity.

+1
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #31
greekcs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Time to start carrying the cell jammer.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #32
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
the funny thing is i feel the same way, but it doesn't apply to me. cause you know what, it's me. i've been lucky so far not causing damage to others or getting a ticket. i got off easy. even with bluetooth, i don't know if it's "safe". you know it's not just talking on the phone. when i see other people doing something they should not be doing, i mutter words under my breath. and you know what? sometimes, i catch myself doing the same thing. you must be the quintessential perfect driver, you do no wrong on the road. good for you.
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #33
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
the funny thing is i feel the same way, but it doesn't apply to me. cause you know what, it's me. i've been lucky so far not causing damage to others or getting a ticket. i got off easy. even with bluetooth, i don't know if it's "safe". you know it's not just talking on the phone. when i see other people doing something they should not be doing, i mutter words under my breath. and you know what? sometimes, i catch myself doing the same thing. you must be the quintessential perfect driver, you do no wrong on the road. good for you.
Actually, im refering specifically to the people who sit down in their cars with their phone on their ear, their elbows rested against the window, their heads tilted, and they are just chatting away. I have no problem with someone looking at their phone/idrive console to screen and answer the calls. but the fucking people that make themselves comfortable while talking and driving DRIVES ME FUCKING INSANE!!!!!

especially when they drive minivans... thats a whole new level of fuckery.

i was not talking about you, nor was i attacking you my friend. i know your car has bluetooth, and it seems like you usually use it. i think you took it the wrong way
      07-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #34
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Actually, im refering specifically to the people who sit down in their cars with their phone on their ear, their elbows rested against the window, their heads tilted, and they are just chatting away. I have no problem with someone looking at their phone/idrive console to screen and answer the calls. but the fucking people that make themselves comfortable while talking and driving DRIVES ME FUCKING INSANE!!!!!

especially when they drive minivans... thats a whole new level of fuckery.

i was not talking about you, nor was i attacking you my friend. i know your car has bluetooth, and it seems like you usually use it. i think you took it the wrong way
my bad. i'm just embarrassed as hell getting a dumb ticket like this. i tell you what. for my sanity, i just ignore those who do things that bother me. i worry more about what i'm doing/not doing. up until recently, didn't yield from the first lane, but when someone's closing in on me or tailgating me, i just move over. save me the agony.

also, when i get my m, i'll be too involved driving to even look at the phone. it's my first 6mt car. my hands will be full. sorry if i took your post the wrong way.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #35
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
my bad. i'm just embarrassed as hell getting a dumb ticket like this. i tell you what. for my sanity, i just ignore those who do things that bother me. i worry more about what i'm doing/not doing. up until recently, didn't yield from the first lane, but when someone's closing in on me or tailgating me, i just move over. save me the agony.

also, when i get my m, i'll be too involved driving to even look at the phone. it's my first 6mt car. my hands will be full. sorry if i took your post the wrong way.

I commend you, I admire people who can not get irritated from those who tailgate. I always have to fuck with them or else I wont feel satisfied with myself.... Its understandable if the car behind him is in his as and hes just trying to avoid the other dick, but if theres no one behind him then we've got problems. lol
      07-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #36
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I commend you, I admire people who can not get irritated from those who tailgate. I always have to fuck with them or else I wont feel satisfied with myself.... Its understandable if the car behind him is in his as and hes just trying to avoid the other dick, but if theres no one behind him then we've got problems. lol
There's a lot of crazies out there, especially in this area. Your car, your life is worth far more than those who offend you. I need to be a better driver for the sake of my future car.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #37
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
There's a lot of crazies out there, especially in this area. Your car, your life is worth far more than those who offend you. I need to be a better driver for the sake of my future car.
I dont fuck around in the m3. Not risking that car for shit. I'd hate to regret my reaction of one moment in life that lead to the destruction of my beloved M3. Not allowing it!

the 325 on the other hand.... im looking forward to collecting on insurance when something goes down on it. lol. (im just playin)
      07-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #38
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I dont fuck around in the m3. Not risking that car for shit. I'd hate to regret my reaction of one moment in life that lead to the destruction of my beloved M3. Not allowing it!

the 325 on the other hand.... im looking forward to collecting on insurance when something goes down on it. lol. (im just playin)
you're right! it just takes that one moment and the consequences can be very severe.

after mulling it over, i caved into peer pressure by wise forum members. i paid the ticket and i'm moving on with my life. i feel good, like monkey off my back. hahaha i'll never make the same mistake again. now, speeding tickets? who knows???
Appreciate 0