BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
MMiami
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 xDrive

Smile First post, buying new M3

Hello All:

I have been reading this forum for over two years and have recently become a member. The information I have found have been quite helpful and interesting.

Now, the time has come, I want to buy my first M3 or BMW for that matter. I live in Miami and have contacted a couple of dealerships. I am interested in buying an 09 or 10 M3 Coupe or Sedan. I have been quoted about 500 - 1000 above invoice. Is this a good deal? This quote is on cars that are at the lot.

Also, I was looking at the invoice pricing sheet on this site and have a couple of questions.

1. Are the gas guzzler tax and destination and handling fees included in the invoice or are they added.

2. Why are there two sheets posted; the bottom one has higher prices in everything, but does not really coincide with the MSRP.

Please help and sorry for the long post. Any suggestions on ordering or buying from out of state are also appreciated.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
JohnyRangr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVING BEYOND View Post
Hello All:

I have been reading this forum for over two years and have recently become a member. The information I have found have been quite helpful and interesting.

Now, the time has come, I want to buy my first M3 or BMW for that matter. I live in Miami and have contacted a couple of dealerships. I am interested in buying an 09 or 10 M3 Coupe or Sedan. I have been quoted about 500 - 1000 above invoice. Is this a good deal? This quote is on cars that are at the lot.

Also, I was looking at the invoice pricing sheet on this site and have a couple of questions.

1. Are the gas guzzler tax and destination and handling fees included in the invoice or are they added.

2. Why are there two sheets posted; the bottom one has higher prices in everything, but does not really coincide with the MSRP.

Please help and sorry for the long post. Any suggestions on ordering or buying from out of state are also appreciated.

Thank you
For an 09 I would try to go below invoice since it's been on their lot...I ordered a brand new 010 Sedan for 350ish over invoice.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
MMiami
Private
United_States
Rep

How much below invoice? Do you think that also applies in Miami, cars tend to sell for a little bit more over here.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
MMiami
Private
United_States
Rep

Hey guys! Also, another question. Its been asked many times but I just need to get pushed from one side to another.

Coupe or Sedan. I know that they perform almost the same but, to me, the coupe looks much nicer but the sedan has four doors, which will allow me to bring people in the car. It is very inconvenient to always push the front seat backward. Plus in an emergency its hard for those in the back to get out from the coupe.

Im confused, what should I do, I am buying next week btw.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Hey guys! Also, another question. Its been asked many times but I just need to get pushed from one side to another.

Coupe or Sedan. I know that they perform almost the same but, to me, the coupe looks much nicer but the sedan has four doors, which will allow me to bring people in the car. It is very inconvenient to always push the front seat backward. Plus in an emergency its hard for those in the back to get out from the coupe.

Im confused, what should I do, I am buying next week btw.
Hey Beyond,

Well done on your decision to order an M3! Coupe or Sedan is a tough question. Some points that I think that you need to consider:

1. Looks
2. Are you going to track the car?
3. How often are you going to be taking other people with you?

Those will help steer you towards the right decision for you...

I decided on an E92 - because I wanted a sports car (and only wanted 2 doors). I love the look of the E92 over the E90 (from the side obciously).

Cheers
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #6
MMiami
Private
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the advice. Although I think the Coupe looks much nicer, I will have to go with the sedan as I plan on keeping the car for many years, and in the long run the coupe might be a little inconvenient. I do have an SUV were I can bring people along, but its not the same as doing so in the M. Just the thought of having all of this performance and enjoying it with other people is nice.

I received good news from a dealer here in South Florida. They are willing to order the car for 500 over invoice. There a couple questions that I want to ask you guys on the equipment I want to order.

Is the carbon leather trim that much nicer/different than the regular titanium trim?

Also, is the enhanced stereo 1900 dollars better? I have read reviews in the forum saying there is a slight difference, but I have not listened to it and will not be able to listen it either as the dealer has no M's in stock.

Thanks again and I hope that in the future I can contribute back to the forum.

Joe

P.s. The dealer told me the car will take six weeks to get here once ordered, is that possible?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #7
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

that is nice of you, but buy the car for yourself not for others
      08-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Although I think the Coupe looks much nicer, I will have to go with the sedan as I plan on keeping the car for many years, and in the long run the coupe might be a little inconvenient. I do have an SUV were I can bring people along, but its not the same as doing so in the M. Just the thought of having all of this performance and enjoying it with other people is nice.

I received good news from a dealer here in South Florida. They are willing to order the car for 500 over invoice. There a couple questions that I want to ask you guys on the equipment I want to order.

Is the carbon leather trim that much nicer/different than the regular titanium trim?

Also, is the enhanced stereo 1900 dollars better? I have read reviews in the forum saying there is a slight difference, but I have not listened to it and will not be able to listen it either as the dealer has no M's in stock.

Joe

P.s. The dealer told me the car will take six weeks to get here once ordered, is that possible?

Slight difference my A$$ - There is really NO Comparison. I listened to both stock & premium last weekend. The stock M3 stereo doesn't sound anywhere as good the Logic 7 in my 335. There is no EQ on the stock stereo. I didn't want to take a downgrade in the sound system with the M3. IMO, the premium sound is well worth the $. Stock stereo can not compare with the Premium sound. I added it.

Added the carbon leather too - It's your personal choice.

On the 6 weeks - I would say 5-6 weeks from your build date. I'm 2 hours from Munich & have to wait until 5 October.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #9
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Is the gas guzzler tax ($1300) still on for 2010?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #10
albert1028
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 Space Gray M3

Quote:

Joe

I would do a search on the forum for all your option questions as they have probobably been asked and it's a great way to read all the differing opinions on the options.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
drivendriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E83 X3

Quote:
It's very different. Whether it's nicer really depends on your taste. Personally I'm not a big fan (why try to make a material look like another one?), but it seems to be quite popular.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #12
MMiami
Private
United_States
Rep

Hello All,

Its true Duk, I will reconsider before ordering. I will sit in the sedan, (a 335 since they don't have M3) and see how it feels. I read the sitting position was different. I drove the coupe a while ago and fell in love with it.

As far as the stereo goes it seems it is worth it, not having an EQ really turns me down.

Is there no gas guzzler tax for 2010???!!!

I will be ordering the car this Saturday, do you guys have any other recommendations as far as equipment or ordering. They asked for a deposit, is it normal? I have never bought a car this way before, do not know what to expect.

I am planning on getting

E90
Jet Black
Fox Red Novillo
Tech Package
DCT
19 inch
Enhanced Sound
Possibly, Carbon Leather Trim

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #13
drivendriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E83 X3

The deposit is normal when ordering. Mine was $1000.

Note that the M cars have different seats from the regular 3-series. I feel much more comfortable in my M3 than in my sister's 328 (which is otherwise a great car).
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #14
MMiami
Private
United_States
Rep

This is going to be difficult, I might have to go and see them side by side at another dealer.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Is the gas guzzler tax ($1300) still on for 2010?
probably, lucky if it didn't go up
      08-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #16
MMiami
Private
United_States
Rep

I hope not.

The extra fuel these cars require should not make one be double taxed for the same thing, as the more one consumes the more taxes one will pay anyways. This is the one thing I do not understand about the gas guzzler tax, it should actually be the opposite.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #17
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hello All,

Its true Duk, I will reconsider before ordering. I will sit in the sedan, (a 335 since they don't have M3) and see how it feels. I read the sitting position was different. I drove the coupe a while ago and fell in love with it.

As far as the stereo goes it seems it is worth it, not having an EQ really turns me down.

Is there no gas guzzler tax for 2010???!!!

I will be ordering the car this Saturday, do you guys have any other recommendations as far as equipment or ordering. They asked for a deposit, is it normal? I have never bought a car this way before, do not know what to expect.

I am planning on getting

E90
Jet Black
Fox Red Novillo
Tech Package
DCT
19 inch
Enhanced Sound
Possibly, Carbon Leather Trim

Thanks
Looks Good

You may want to consider PDC. It interacts with the nav screen. If you never had PDC, you wouldn't know what you were missing. Can't live with out it over here & it's not something you can add later.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #18
MMiami
Private
United_States
Rep

Its true, it is very useful; the problem is that in the M3 they only offer it for the rear. I usually park front first.

What do you think about the BMW Assist with bluetooth? Have you had any experience with it? I have an iPhone and was wondering how good it is as the one in my other cars has very poor sound quality during calls.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #19
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Its true, it is very useful; the problem is that in the M3 they only offer it for the rear. I usually park front first.

What do you think about the BMW Assist with bluetooth? Have you had any experience with it? I have an iPhone and was wondering how good it is as the one in my other cars has very poor sound quality during calls.
Can't comment - I have it but don't use it in the 335. I got a phone w/o bluetooth that I'm gonna give to my daughter. When I get the M3 with smart phone integration I'll pick up an iphone.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #20
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:

The bluetooth setup actually works very well. Extremely clear for a car. The mic' is next to the dome light in the front, and you can't hear much road noise. It's far better than other setups I've used / spoken with people on (Range Rover, Jag).
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #21
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G12 + 15 F06 + 17 F15

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
The bluetooth setup actually works very well. Extremely clear for a car. The mic' is next to the dome light in the front, and you can't hear much road noise. It's far better than other setups I've used / spoken with people on (Range Rover, Jag).
Agreed, the bluetooth works great. I'm not sure what your talking about regarding the EQ. My M3 has an EQ you just have to cycle through the radio menus to find it.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #22
MMiami
Private
United_States
Rep

Hello All:

I ordered the car yesterday, I am too excited. I do not know what to do, it is just too much to handle. From the moment they turned the engine on, it was pure joy. I do not know how I am going to wait all of these days until the car arrives!!!

On another note, I tried the bluetooth and the enhanced premium sound and I have to say that I was impressed. It is the best bluetooth system I have ever used, and the stereo was just fantastic.

For the interior I chose fox red but I am starting to think it might be too showy. I though on ordering black, but it will get very hot during the summer in Florida.
Appreciate 0