BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

07-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #23
hpc3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 G80 Base, Build Week 12

Lol. Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
I would so hate it if you end up getting your MY13 ahead of my getting my MY12!! LOL Mine is also ZCP 6MT btw
Don't know what it is about a manual ZCP car but they are pretty rare apparently. Hope yours arrives soon =)

Born on July 4th, 2012, PCD September 5th, 2012.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #24
CalgaryX3
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3

Props to Jamie. Great fellow who helped me track my car as well about this time last year

A
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #25
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Happy for you bnombe! That's nice of Jamie.
      07-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #26
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpc3 View Post
Don't know what it is about a manual ZCP car but they are pretty rare apparently. Hope yours arrives soon =)
Huh... didn't know 6MT ZCP would be rare, good to know funny part is that for me the selection of both 6MT and ZCP are no brainer. I won't have my E92M any other way
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #27
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

~12 hours ago it last checked in at Juniper, NB; almost into QC

Yes, Jamie rocks

Julie (I am guessing that's your name ) have fun stalking yours starting in couple weeks, heehee...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #28
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Hey Julie... this checkpoint should help give you an idea of how many days it should take your car to get to your dealership area from Halifax

CN record shows it got to this place mid-day ET today. Thanks again Jamie!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #29
hpc3
First Lieutenant
Rep

So how much longer for delivery?

Quote:
Hey Julie... this checkpoint should help give you an idea of how many days it should take your car to get to your dealership area from Halifax

Got my VIN today and my '13 is scheduled to land in NY on 07/25. Also submitted my info for PCD. Hoping to be scheduled for delivery week of 07/30.

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #30
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Huh... didn't know 6MT ZCP would be rare, good to know funny part is that for me the selection of both 6MT and ZCP are no brainer. I won't have my E92M any other way
My dealership is one of three owned by the same family, in and just outside of the GTA. I swear, I have seen mostly 6MT M3's on their lots/ showrooms. The last 3 M3's in my local dealership were all 6MT's. So I would have suspected that, at least in Canada, the rate of uptake of manual M3s may be higher.

And a friend of mine, the only other lady I know who drives an E92 M3... drives a stick shift.

Quote:

Thanks bnombe! Yes, I'm actually Julie (not some weirdo guy posing as a girl online ) I've gone to a couple of Toronto meets.

And yes, I've already started harrassing the 1-800 number.
      07-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #31
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Got my VIN today and my '13 is scheduled to land in NY on 07/25. Also submitted my info for PCD. Hoping to be scheduled for delivery week of 07/30.
You guys are so lucky with your ED (well, at least in the past) and your PCD deliveries.

We don't get those.

But congrats on your car! It's amazing how early you'll be getting an 2013...
      07-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #32
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
You guys are so lucky with your ED (well, at least in the past) and your PCD deliveries.

We don't get those.

But congrats on your car! It's amazing how early you'll be getting an 2013...
OMG... week of 7/30 delivery for MY13... my MY12 delivery so far should be delivered to me middle of that week too. You might just get your MY13 before I get my MY12!! Should I laugh or cry
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #33
hpc3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Well I tried to get a '12 =)

Quote:
OMG... week of 7/30 delivery for MY13... my MY12 delivery so far should be delivered to me middle of that week too. You might just get your MY13 before I get my MY12!! Should I laugh or cry
It was late April though and couldn't find any allocations left here(Southeast US).

For Julie: I looked at all the lot inventory within 500mi of me and found 1 6sp ZCP out of maybe 60 '12 cars. A lot of the dealers here advertise the MDCT transmission as a manual so I had to verify just about every advertised manual I came across. Oh well, the wait is almost over.

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #34
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It was late April though and couldn't find any allocations left here(Southeast US).

For Julie: I looked at all the lot inventory within 500mi of me and found 1 6sp ZCP out of maybe 60 '12 cars. A lot of the dealers here advertise the MDCT transmission as a manual so I had to verify just about every advertised manual I came across. Oh well, the wait is almost over.
Oh, it's week 30 *production*. Earliest I would get it is late August.
      07-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #35
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
A shout out to Jamie!!

Hey people, this guy is for real super nice dude - most of you know already as I can see in other threads from years past - helping me tracking my car now literally tracking its way on CN.

As of earlier this afternoon/evening, it's already out of NS and into NB, one province closer to the West coast

Thanks Jamie for feeding my own-car-stalking addiction
Quote:
~12 hours ago it last checked in at Juniper, NB; almost into QC

Yes, Jamie rocks

Julie (I am guessing that's your name ) have fun stalking yours starting in couple weeks, heehee...
Quote:

Happy to help your wait go by a little easier. It is quite funny that you tracked the car right into Halifax Harbour as it was landing, I fit the exact same thing except I was at work and was watching it on my iPhone

I will keep you posted of the trains whereabouts and will let you know as soon as it arrives and your car is off loaded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Happy for you bnombe! That's nice of Jamie.
Julie, I will be glad to assist you when your car lands in Halifax. Just send me a PM with your VIN and we can go from there!

Keep patient all of you future M3 owners, the waiting is tough but once you get your cars, years and many miles of driving pleasure will come and go before you know it. One more thing for you all to think about while waiting, you won't get bored of your M's....... every time I drive mine is just a great an experience as the first time I drove her!

Last edited by BMRLVR; 07-21-2012 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #36
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Julie, I will be glad to assist you when your car lands in Halifax. Just send me a PM with your VIN and we can go from there!

Keep patient all of you future M3 owners, the waiting is tough but once you get the cars, years and many miles of driving pleasure will come and go before you know it. One more thing for you all to think about while waiting, you won't get bored of your M's....... every time I drive mine is just a great an experience as the first time I drove her!
Thank-you so much Jamie, that would be awesome!

I just called the 1-800 # and found out my car is now in production.... 1 week earlier than scheduled!
      07-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #37
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

woohoo... it's like a party here with impatient future M3 owners so nice to know I am not alone in this dreadful waiting... great things come to those who wait though

You know Jamie - I can really picture myself getting into my M3 and each time feeling the "fresh" joyful feeling for years and kms to come

Here are couple recent spots from Jamie's daily updates for me

It was just about crossing into Manitoba this morning... I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel! I figure there are probably less stops for the train after ON, heehee...

I am also going to swing over to the dealership this weekend to work out the final numbers and hopefully will set a (tentative) delivery date. I am anticipating Aug 1st at this point.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #38
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep

Quote:
woohoo... it's like a party here with impatient future M3 owners so nice to know I am not alone in this dreadful waiting... great things come to those who wait though

You know Jamie - I can really picture myself getting into my M3 and each time feeling the "fresh" joyful feeling for years and kms to come

It was just about crossing into Manitoba this morning... I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel! I figure there are probably less stops for the train after ON, heehee...

I am also going to swing over to the dealership this weekend to work out the final numbers and hopefully will set a (tentative) delivery date. I am anticipating Aug 1st at this point.
You got mail
      07-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #39
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Awesome! Here's hoping the next week goes fast and that you'll see your car on the lot soon!
      07-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #40
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

hey Jamie, that was an early mail LOL thanks... I bet you also didn't expect I was already awake and replied you right away... the F1 quali was exciting although my team didn't do so well. I'll be up that early again to watch the race live --- unless my wife protests and "bans" it but she's been OK all race weekends this year, I am a lucky man

Julie - thanks... yeah, the next week and half should go by OK... the past week went by quickly too with regular updates from Jamie helping. I have gotten myself busy researching paint protection stuff, heehee... (Jamie also a great help too!)

I also downloaded the manuals (MY12 3-series and MY11 M3 supplementary - I suppose no difference to MY12 one... ) I skimmed through some pages but definitely will read them up more next week. Not a bad schedule to help me "productively" distracted eh?

Anyway, here is the map screenshot of the latest update I got really early this morning
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #41
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
^^ Are the latest manuals available on the BMW Canada website?
      07-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #42
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving
^^ Are the latest manuals available on the BMW Canada website?
Funny thing is I never even tried BMW Canada site lol I just googled and grabbed from wherever
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #43
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Look where it is earlier tonight!!! Already middle of Saskatchewan!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #44
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post

Keep patient all of you future M3 owners, the waiting is tough but once you get the cars, years and many miles of driving pleasure will come and go before you know it. One more thing for you all to think about while waiting, you won't get bored of your M's....... every time I drive mine is just a great an experience as the first time I drove her!
Thank-you so much Jamie, that would be awesome!

I just called the 1-800 # and found out my car is now in production.... 1 week earlier than scheduled!
Julie, I will be in Halifax on August 21st till September 4th. If by chance your car is at autoport during that time I can go and get some photos for you!!! I know some people at the autoport.