BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

09-28-2007, 01:30 AM   #1
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none

Write A Letter: It Helped!

I wrote a letter to corporate and got an immediate call back from the head office.

The told me they took the letter extremely seriously and that it was being circulated throughout the entire Corp and many dealers. They told me it was read in the corporate meeting.

They went on to say they are very concerned over threats of price gouging, especially one price for old customers and a “jacked” one for new.

I believe they are sincere. I did not get the feeling of lip service, I truly believe they are very concerned. It wasn't a bullsh*t conversation. They could have also just as easily wrote a quick thank you note instead. The tone and fast acting only a week after I sent it spoke volumes.

Please write a letter and BE SPECIFIC.

Who said they we're going to do what.

The name of the dealer

and the name of the salesperson.

I think if they hear how widespread this is, they will MAKE a new policy and prohibit assh*lish behavior like the ones being threatened by local dealers.

They encouraged me to seek any other dealer than the ones who would charge over MSRP. "Do not buy from them."

Well to Corp reading this, that doesn't help! They are only allotted so many and will sell every one of them, so what do they care? There isn’t enough to go around anyway…

Secondly, I think they may seriously evaluate the pricing.

TALK. If you don't… you get what you asked for.

If enough people name their concerns, namely that this beast will be in the mid $60's or much higher PLUS a Jack by the dealer of $5k or more, they may do something. They are guaranteeing themselves brand new C63 and Audi drivers if they continue down these lame paths. They know this. They aren’t fools. They spent a great deal of time and money making the M3 top dog. They sure won’t want to see an Audi get Car Of The Year when the M3 wins on the track but is priced much higher. In these cases the cheaper car OFTEN wins.

Pricing an M3 in Porsche territory is plain stupidity. Do they think we will actually believe the M3 to be in the same class?

Anyway, write. It works.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #2
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

I am not sure what was the topic of your letter?

PS. US pricing isnt even released... for all we know the MSRP is going to be 55K!

Jason
      09-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #3
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
...for all we know the MSRP is going to be 55K!

Jason
It ain't.. maybe the Sedan base...

The topic was the overwhelming belief that the pricing is going to be in the mid $60's or higher.

Second was the dealers promising to mark up the prices

Third was the dealers saying they will give one price to former buyers of their dealerships and another price for new customers.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
Niro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 C4S Cab (after M3)

Question Huh?

I agree with JEllis in that I don't understand the topic or context of NewhouseEnt's postings!!

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2007, 02:02 AM   #5
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhouseEnt View Post
It ain't.. maybe the Sedan base...

The topic was the overwhelming belief that the pricing is going to be in the mid $60's or higher.

Second was the dealers promising to mark up the prices

Third was the dealers saying they will give one price to former buyers of their dealerships and another price for new customers.

I really dont agree with you...

I bet BMW is going to floor the industry by giving the US a 57K MSRP undercutting the competition and opening the door for the highest M3 sales to date....

All the people with qualms and reservations about performance and style wont be able to argue with the price tag and Porsche like performance. But, this would be nothing new for BMW.

Jason
      10-01-2007, 12:38 AM   #6
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Bet?

Quote:
I bet BMW is going to floor the industry by giving the US a 57K MSRP undercutting the competition and opening the door for the highest M3 sales to date....
Want to place a bet (gentelman's bet is fine as well) on your price estimate? I would bet >$57k.

Last edited by swamp2; 10-01-2007 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #7
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Want to place a bet (gentelman's bet is fine as well) on your price estimate? I would bet >$57k.
I'm going to guesstimate <$57k for MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 10:47 AM   #8
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What do you want to bet.. I will take 57K and below.. this would include 57K... You would take 57,001 and above. Reason I say this is incase the price is something like 56,999 or basically 570000. I just want to lose on a technicality.

I am about 60% certain it will come in at 57K or less. So.. not very confident but only because I have a problem believing everything my Military Sales tells me or estimates....

Also, dont be surprised if the sub 57K estimate doesnt even include leather as standard. I dont want any bickering when almost nothing is standard.

So what do you want to bet?

Jason
      10-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #9
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Yes!

Quote:
What do you want to bet.. I will take 57K and below.. this would include 57K... You would take 57,001 and above. Reason I say this is incase the price is something like 56,999 or basically 570000. I just want to lose on a technicality.

I am about 60% certain it will come in at 57K or less. So.. not very confident but only because I have a problem believing everything my Military Sales tells me or estimates....

Also, dont be surprised if the sub 57K estimate doesnt even include leather as standard. I dont want any bickering when almost nothing is standard.

So what do you want to bet?

Jason

Newhouse: Sorry for the major thread hijack!

Jason: Finally a bet. This keeps things exciting. I agree that the bet must be spelled out carefully and your numbers do that. In addition we are talking about MSRP, no tax, no delivery, no destination, no etc., etc. Just the base price, no options, as per a std., no option, NA car.

I like theme of the bet T Bone get involved in (no money). How about the loser has to place some large ricey stickers (like powered by Honda, HKS, Greddy, etc.) on the back window and sides of their M3 and drive around like that for a week? The winner gets to pick the stickers for the loser as well. We are both in San Diego so we can easily prove it to each other as well as post pictures here on the forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #10
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:

Jason: Finally a bet. This keeps things exciting. I agree that the bet must be spelled out carefully and your numbers do that. In addition we are talking about MSRP, no tax, no delivery, no destination, no etc., etc. Just the base price, no options, as per a std., no option, NA car.

I like theme of the bet T Bone get involved in (no money). How about the loser has to place some large ricey stickers (like powered by Honda, HKS, Greddy, etc.) on the back window and sides of their M3 and drive around like that for a week? The winner gets to pick the stickers for the loser as well. We are both in San Diego so we can easily prove it to each other as well as post pictures here on the forum.

Hey, I'm in Rancho Cucamonga, so I'm in.
Bring on the ricey stickers!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #11
replicat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 40MPG

If any dealer is considering selling the M3's for over $70,000 not fully loaded...they are sadly going down.

The car cannot, i repeat, CANNOT!!! Be over 69,000 FULLY, FULLY LOADED! its hilarous to put this car in that 911S catagory.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #12
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicat View Post
If any dealer is considering selling the M3's for over $70,000 not fully loaded...they are sadly going down.

The car cannot, i repeat, CANNOT!!! Be over 69,000 FULLY, FULLY LOADED! its hilarous to put this car in that 911S catagory.
Riverside BMW has offered to sell the M3 at MSRP. No mark-up!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #13
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhouseEnt View Post
I wrote a letter to corporate and got an immediate call back from the head office.

The told me they took the letter extremely seriously and that it was being circulated throughout the entire Corp and many dealers. They told me it was read in the corporate meeting.

They went on to say they are very concerned over threats of price gouging, especially one price for old customers and a “jacked” one for new.

I believe they are sincere. I did not get the feeling of lip service, I truly believe they are very concerned. It wasn't a bullsh*t conversation. They could have also just as easily wrote a quick thank you note instead. The tone and fast acting only a week after I sent it spoke volumes.

Please write a letter and BE SPECIFIC.

Who said they we're going to do what.

The name of the dealer

and the name of the salesperson.

I think if they hear how widespread this is, they will MAKE a new policy and prohibit assh*lish behavior like the ones being threatened by local dealers.

They encouraged me to seek any other dealer than the ones who would charge over MSRP. "Do not buy from them."

Well to Corp reading this, that doesn't help! They are only allotted so many and will sell every one of them, so what do they care? There isn’t enough to go around anyway…

Secondly, I think they may seriously evaluate the pricing.

TALK. If you don't… you get what you asked for.

If enough people name their concerns, namely that this beast will be in the mid $60's or much higher PLUS a Jack by the dealer of $5k or more, they may do something. They are guaranteeing themselves brand new C63 and Audi drivers if they continue down these lame paths. They know this. They aren’t fools. They spent a great deal of time and money making the M3 top dog. They sure won’t want to see an Audi get Car Of The Year when the M3 wins on the track but is priced much higher. In these cases the cheaper car OFTEN wins.

Pricing an M3 in Porsche territory is plain stupidity. Do they think we will actually believe the M3 to be in the same class?

Anyway, write. It works.
Do you mind posting the letter you sent to BMW here so that we can better understand what they were responding to?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 10:42 PM   #14
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Okay, the bet sounds good. However, if the MSRP is significantly more than what Military Sales is estimating then I may not buy the new M. Unless you meant putting stickers on my E36 M.

Jason
      10-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #15
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

You're on

Quote:
Okay, the bet sounds good. However, if the MSRP is significantly more than what Military Sales is estimating then I may not buy the new M. Unless you meant putting stickers on my E36 M.

Jason
All right we have a bet then! Excellent. I did mean your E36 M3 as well. No way I would let my bull-headedness cause the desecration of a beautiful new Jerez E92 M3 (no matter what you will end up paying for it).
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #16
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Quote:
All right we have a bet then! Excellent. I did mean your E36 M3 as well. No way I would let my bull-headedness cause the desecration of a beautiful new Jerez E92 M3 (no matter what you will end up paying for it).
Okay good.. but it might be a AW E92M.. I keep switching back and forth.

PS. Are you on SocalE36.com as well?

Jason
      10-03-2007, 11:10 AM   #17
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Did anyone know that there are actually bookmakers in Vegas taking bets on the M3 pricing?
      10-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #18
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

No way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
Did anyone know that there are actually bookmakers in Vegas taking bets on the M3 pricing?
No way, are you serious? That is hilarious. Folks will bet on ANYTHING. I guess I should not be too surprised as I have heard of more obscure bets. Can you post some details or a link. At what number are the odds at 50-50?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 11:30 AM   #19
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
Yeah I want to know the odds on 57K...

Hahaha

Jason
      10-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #20
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niro View Post
I agree with JEllis in that I don't understand the topic or context of NewhouseEnt's postings!!

I don't know how much for explicit I can be. I bout spelled it out as if talking to a 10 year old...

My letter pointed to dealers who promised to mark the M3 up. Specific dealers so they know who the cuplrits are and the general cities they are in for those I didn't name.
The letter's complaint is the very fact that the dealers are going to mark prices up in the first place, how likely they (BMW) will see new Audi and Mercedes (C63) owners that would have been M3 owners because of the aforementioned. (Not only because of the projected high $60's price tag but also because of the mark ups.)

Last I made sure BMW knew that dealers were also promising to give past buyers one price and new comers another.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #21
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Riverside BMW has offered to sell the M3 at MSRP. No mark-up!
Thank Christ.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 11:14 AM   #22
JEllis
Major General
Rep

I won, I won......

Goes to show that Mil Sales is always going to be within 1k with their estimates. So far now they have predicted the 335i, 135i, and M3 with great accruacy.