BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

08-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #67
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Hey, I saw a honda Accord coupe that was converted to a 645.
I've see a guy with M7. Do those exist? I think not.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #68
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorysalapao View Post
Umm.. I said already that I might not put the m3 badge on my 325.
Don't put the M3 badge so you should say (write) "I will not put the M3 badge ...."

I think I have a slight knowlegde on how things work over there coming from an Asian country also. The cost of an expensive imported cars are so high that only the privelege few can afford it. Compared here in the States wherein any hard working individual (plus kids with rich parents) can afford those European cars. IMHO, it is better to spend your money in performance and cosmetic changes rather than copying an M3. You will get more respect and aduration when you do that. Please check the E90Post and you will see how they upgrade their cars with pride. They not only look great but they perform better.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #69
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that will buff right out.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 09:13 AM   #70
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeram View Post
IMHO, it is better to spend your money in performance and cosmetic changes rather than copying an M3. You will get more respect and aduration when you do that. Please check the E90Post and you will see how they upgrade their cars with pride. They not only look great but they perform better.
+1000

He won't answer when I ask why he won't do any performance mods.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #71
glorysalapao
Rep
Drives: white

I will also work out with performance mods of course.... why I have to ask something that I have the knowledge of it already. This is the last thing before my car alive.... Its apperance...
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #72
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I will also work out with performance mods of course, but it is not about this topic.
Fair enough I guess, glorysalapao. Good luck with the project, and keep us updated.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 09:27 AM   #73
glorysalapao
Rep

thanksss mr. Mkoesel!!! I will, of course!! ... I understand every one's idea now. Please do look down on me because I just want to be friendly with everyone. But let's again discuss the topic of 'Thailand'. Here, it is true that only little amount of people here have privilage to buy these kind of cars. For me personally, in my social life, I saw and actually sit on many high-end car because of my quite okey of financial status (not trying to say I am rich or what, but you know... not many Thai will have this privilage) I study in RIS (Ruamrudee International School... Any one got the cousin or someone who know study here???) Not all Thais's parents would afford kids to study in international schools ... thats why very few of Thai are seen in international webboard... which I quite lucky of this. This is the reason why I could comminicate English with you guys even though it is not that strong in grammar compare to those who are English mother tongue. Most of my friend are very rich! But even though they are rich... It is very common here to change the look of cars to be the better version. One of my friend got his bmw series 7 the lowest version... He modify his car to be the top 760i version... No one here say it is very negative to do this.... actually people quite look positive on doing it!! People here didn't look at the detail that what version of car is this.... Here we just look at the brand name...................... wow!! this is BM!! as simple as that

Last edited by glorysalapao; 08-18-2008 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #74
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
It is very common here to change the look of cars to be the better version. One of my friend got his bmw series 7 the lowest version... He modify his car to be the top 760i version... No one here say it is very negative to do this.... actually people quite look positive on doing it!! People here didn't look at the detail that what version of car is this.... Here we just look at the brand name...................... wow!! this is BM!! as simple as that
Your obsession not only with brand but always the upper end of brands is telling. You have referred to this brand obsession of yours now many times. You don't seem to care at all about the performance, comfort, engineering, nothing, just the brand, prestige and status. You say many Thai people are like this. I have never been to Thailand but I seriosuly doubt this claim. This is your circle of privileged friends who, I simply must say, ARE ALL POSERS.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #75
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

I guess you can do whatever you want to your property, and others can think whatever they want about what you have done. But, if I were the person undertaking such a conversion, I would think about how I feel deep inside about what I have done everytime I walked up to the car and turned it on and what that means for who I am. You might think differently about all this in 15-20 years when you grow older (I am not being condescending here). And, asking the questions you are asking on an M3 forum doesn't make much sense to me regardless of how you rationalize what you are trying to do.
      08-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #76
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

So I think it is more of a culture thing. I am sorry for the uneducated remarks I have said. You asked us for our opinion and I based my answer on what I think is the acceptable norm here. I've never seen any regular (not low level just to be politically correct) 3 series that identically copies a regular M3, look wise. I've seen a lot of regular 3 series that looks astonishing and with a performance to show. I also think that more people here will prefer the latter rather than the M3 look alike. Especially for the educated Bimmer people. Anyway good luck with your project and keep us inform.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #77
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Just don't put ///M3 badges on it.............please!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #78
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Ok everyone. Give this guy a break... Show some love

anyway back to the op. Yes it can probably be 90% similar to the M3. However, it will be complicated because all the mounting points are different and the car is wider. Having said that, it can be done and people have done it. Search for a thread i started for a converted M3 in China. Go to E90post.com and you will find people who have actually done it.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 03:01 PM   #79
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
Ok everyone. Give this guy a break... Show some love

anyway back to the op. Yes it can probably be 90% similar to the M3. However, it will be complicated because all the mounting points are different and the car is wider. Having said that, it can be done and people have done it. Search for a thread i started for a converted M3 in China. Go to E90post.com and you will find people who have actually done it.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #80
synclastica_86
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F32 435i, E92 M3, S550

Garage List
Well... if you actually can't afford a real M3... you should be in one... it's meant to be...

Current: BMW F32 435iA M-Sports; BMW E92 M3, M-DCT; Mercedes W221 S550 4matic; Ford Fiesta ST; Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
Retired: BMW E93 323iA; BMW E85 Z4 3.0i, SMG; Lexus IS 250 AWD; Lexus GX 470; Mercedes W203 C230 Sportscoupe; Peugeot 206 S16; Peugeot 206 RC
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #81
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Quote:
.... I have to say that 325ci is what I try to ask the best out of my dad. He can't afford my first car more than this....
Quote:
however, you just come here to Bangkok, with the budget you get for M3, you can buy just 2.4 honda accord with a little of money left.... and if I move to state I would buy one second hand ferrari 360 to bit you with the budget I buy my 325ci.
You mean your dad can buy you a 360? You win. Best thread ever.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #82
BCMPOWER
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Silverstone II M3

Lets just let the rich kid have his fantasy. We can enjoy our M3's, It's a lot more satisfying to have the real thing!
This is mine that I got after I graduated college, and got a great job.
      08-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #83
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I'm pretty sure that will buff right out.
Yeah...just throw some Zymol on er and she'll shine right up!

Dude that is just cruel! I am sure the Italian's will want to withdraw diplomatic relations after that one!

'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #84
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMPOWER View Post
Lets just let the rich kid have his fantasy. We can enjoy our M3's, It's a lot more satisfying to have the real thing!
This is mine that I got after I graduated college, and got a great job.
U got the car and the girls for graduation! WOW!

Jus kidding....Nice car
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #85
badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Watdee glorysalapao... I just got back from BKK last month, I'll be back in December. One of my Thai Hi5 friends has a picture of an M3 at a carshow, I think maybe it was at the Bangkok Motorshow.

Just in case no one knows, the M3 goes for about 9.9 million baht in Thailand or about $300,000 USD! So for him to get a 325, he paid more than almost all of us did for our M3s. Cars are very expensive in Thailand and I know many people who came from there who bought exotic cars here because they are bargains compared to their homeland.

So for the outside to look right, you'll want to do the fenders, hood, spoiler, brakes and exhaust (the last 2 I have and I'm selling but sorry can't carry it in my luggage). A lot of people are giving you a hard time about the car not sounding like a proper M3 but over in Thailand it doesn't really matter. An E92 by itself is a status symbol, a fixed up one even more so and not many M3s will ever be seen there. Very few people there will consider him to be a poseur, trust me. Let's be nice to him and trust what he is saying because I can tell you so far he is 100% right.

glorysalapao, if you ever make it out to the states and can carry back a lot of weight, I'll be happy to make a deal with you on my OEM brakes and muffler. Choke dee na krub!
      08-18-2008, 11:51 PM   #86
glorysalapao
Rep

Thank you makmak krub Mr. Badfish... so do you enjoy Thailand krub?? Maybe you can contact me when you come to Thailand!! Actually M3 price go up to 10.5 million ++ krub because the dealer quite getting extra profit out of it. We cannot buy just 9.9 krub!! Also the 325ci, 4.6 is just the price that calculate from the original price, the dealer are asking for more of this because of these services and all stuffs so I actually brought the 325ci in the price of 4.8 million ++ . (Business, you know??).. and I am not rich, just in the middle class here...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:21 AM   #87
badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Thank you makmak krub Mr. Badfish... so do you enjoy Thailand krub?? Maybe you can contact me when you come to Thailand!! Actually M3 price go up to 10.5 million ++ krub because the dealer quite getting extra profit out of it. We cannot buy just 9.9 krub!! Also the 325ci, 4.6 is just the price that calculate from the original price, the dealer are asking for more of this because of these services and all stuffs so I actually brought the 325ci in the price of 4.8 million ++ . (Business, you know??).. and I am not rich, just in the middle class here...
555, not quite middle class if you are buying an E92. I always enjoy Thailand, I'm sure your M3 conversion will get a lot of attention when you go valet at Nang Len or at some of the clubs in Ekkamai. Don't forget the M3 unique interior pieces like the CF Leather trim.
      08-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #88
glorysalapao
Rep

I actually live not far away from Ekkamai!! Do you know Ramkamhaeng road?? Which club in Ekkamai?? I acutally go chilling out with my friend at Thonglor...Do you know it? Club"Blog Nine"
Appreciate 0