BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

03-22-2018, 07:42 PM   #23
Pro-AM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM VT3 View Post
Was there any down side to them?
only the slight metal to metal sound when going to reverse. all other drivability was 150% better than when the dct was new
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 07:54 PM   #24
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-AM3 View Post
only the slight metal to metal sound when going to reverse. all other drivability was 150% better than when the dct was new
Good to hear pretty sure when people have problems with Dodson they haven't set them up correctly
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 11:46 AM   #25
Pro-AM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM VT3 View Post
Good to hear pretty sure when people have problems with Dodson they haven't set them up correctly
I agree, and honestly, its probably not even the trans, but the diff/driveshaft as i replaced them all at the same time, so could be the different lsd or something back there as well. Point being, they are running great and super strong
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2018, 08:28 PM   #26
SSPKris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
I have the SSP.
The up gear shift is crisp and more precise.
i had clutch adaptation issues and unresolved downshidlft delays that will have to be addressed this spring when my car goes out of hybernation.

While Autocouture (the shop) is comitted to this issue, I am less impressed with Kris response or concerned about this. While Kris was very helpful during the sales cycle, after the install he has been less “satisfaction” oriented. since this is an active issue, i am chosing my words carefully.

On one hand there is an added benefit of crisp updhift that are very satisfying. so mission accomplished here.

but the issue is that it does not always doing it, indicating somekind of software issue.

second, downshift are not good for two reasons:
1. downshift is not reacting immidiatly to the paddle
2. The clutch slip as it wants to make a gentle downshift. like transmission on level 2.
3. sometimes it blip with instant downshift. can’t tell when it will do that. when it does, it’s wonderful.

So at this point, Autocouture is still working on the issue. I did not get the baskets and I regret it. The issue is that you get a used basket and new clutch pack and there is finger pointing.

when you get a new basket and new clatches there is only one direction, SSP.

Honestly, such an expensive upgrade should work in a significantly better way.
My experience is not great so far.

Again I wanted to say that Autocouture is committed to get this resolved, but SSP is seems to be less excited about the issue.
What issue are you having with your clutch that cannot be resolved. We work very closely with Autocoutoure. You are welcome to PM me directly if you have any direct questions that need answering.

Kris
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #27
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
I've installed SSP clutches in an F13 M6 and they worked perfectly. Zero issues and instructions were simple to follow. I'd definitely recommend them if you are looking to upgrade.

They held the 771 whp and 761 ftlbs easily.
      03-26-2018, 08:03 AM   #28
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Kris,
I described the issue(s) the best I could.
Autocouture is aware and working on the issues.

Between you and Autocouture i have full confident (and expectations) that any issues will be resolved. The issue is timing. It needs to be resolved before the track season starts at Northeast US. My car is scheduled to be at Autocouture end of March and it can be worked on as needed. Please communicate with Autocouture if needed.

sorry I can’t be more helpful, I am not a mechanic, I just like driving fast.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 07:58 PM   #29
SSPKris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
Kris,
I described the issue(s) the best I could.
Autocouture is aware and working on the issues.

Between you and Autocouture i have full confident (and expectations) that any issues will be resolved. The issue is timing. It needs to be resolved before the track season starts at Northeast US. My car is scheduled to be at Autocouture end of March and it can be worked on as needed. Please communicate with Autocouture if needed.

sorry I can’t be more helpful, I am not a mechanic, I just like driving fast.
I speak with Autocoutoure on a daily basis. I am not sure which car is yours. I have had no conversations about a car that is coming in by the end of March with them. Who are you dealing directly with at Autocoutoure? Maybe that will help shed some light on your issue.
Appreciate 0