BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

04-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quick observation

I have not been here long, but it seems that every once in a while we get a new person that asks a question that has been answered over and over. Thats fine they are probably new to the online forums also. But what I hate is when people are a dick to them and tell them to use the search function, just answer the question then politely suggest that maybe using the "search" function can help them out down the line. Personally I would rather have noobs ask the same question every week rather than reading the my car can beat ____ car..

One thing about the search, if you do a search for a simple thing changes are you wont find it or you get a bunch of topics made by other noobs that tell you to search and you cant find the answer..

We had a recent topic about DRL, and everyone was telling him to do a search, well I have had several people PM me asking for help turing off DRL even after searching for how to do it (which is fine I dont mind it at all feel free to PM me about anything). I know a lot of you are 16-25 years old and using the BC computer or iDrive is as easy as breathing but some older folks even when reading the manual cant figure it out so lets be nice.

Also a suggestion of a sticky which contains FAQ about the E9X car on the most common asked question. If we do that and someone still asks then I say flame away.

Last thing I want to say, We were all once noobs so lets not be rude to others and lets make this a good community to be a part of.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco 335

Amen!

I understand asking and wanting people to search. But you can do it w/o being an ass about it.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
Ruff Rider
"posting from my recliner"
United_States
Rep
Drives: twin turbo Prius

+1

Ping Golf Club demo tech
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #4
kuthair
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Sedan 6MT

Just a tip.... I find searching using google better than the forum's search function.

Go to google.com and type:

<something I want to search for> site:e90post.com
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 07:05 PM   #5
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
I have not been here long, but it seems that every once in a while we get a new person that asks a question that has been answered over and over. Thats fine they are probably new to the online forums also. But what I hate is when people are a dick to them and tell them to use the search function, just answer the question then politely suggest that maybe using the "search" function can help them out down the line. Personally I would rather have noobs ask the same question every week rather than reading the my car can beat ____ car..

One thing about the search, if you do a search for a simple thing changes are you wont find it or you get a bunch of topics made by other noobs that tell you to search and you cant find the answer..

We had a recent topic about DRL, and everyone was telling him to do a search, well I have had several people PM me asking for help turing off DRL even after searching for how to do it (which is fine I dont mind it at all feel free to PM me about anything). I know a lot of you are 16-25 years old and using the BC computer or iDrive is as easy as breathing but some older folks even when reading the manual cant figure it out so lets be nice.

Also a suggestion of a sticky which contains FAQ about the E9X car on the most common asked question. If we do that and someone still asks then I say flame away.

Last thing I want to say, We were all once noobs so lets not be rude to others and lets make this a good community to be a part of.
Most of us are polite, but you are correct. There are some rotten monkeys in every barrel.

If the post regarding the DRL you are referring to is the one where the OP was confusing the forum about DRLs and Automatic Headlights, well that's another story and I won't get into it here.

There are stickies that answer almost 85% of what new members are asking. How come you didn't do a .......j/k...

This is not a good community to be a part of.....it's a great one!
When I was first researching my next car (almost a year before delivery, check my join date), this forum was a wealth of information.
It allowed me to become familiar with all the problems and pitfalls, so that when something happened, I was prepared for it and didn't have to frantically make a post like "My brochure has a crease in it. If I call BMWNA and tell them my dog ate it, will they send me another?"

The moderators do I great job and if you feel that there are any objectionable posts, they suggest you use the little caution triangle on the lower left side of the member profile box, to make a report.

Peace out....:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
Most of us are polite, but you are correct. There are some rotten monkeys in every barrel.

If the post regarding the DRL you are referring to is the one where the OP was confusing the forum about DRLs and Automatic Headlights, well that's another story and I won't get into it here.

There are stickies that answer almost 85% of what new members are asking. How come you didn't do a .......j/k...

This is not a good community to be a part of.....it's a great one!
When I was first researching my next car (almost a year before delivery, check my join date), this forum was a wealth of information.
It allowed me to become familiar with all the problems and pitfalls, so that when something happened, I was prepared for it and didn't have to frantically make a post like "My brochure has a crease in it. If I call BMWNA and tell them my dog ate it, will they send me another?"

The moderators do I great job and if you feel that there are any objectionable posts, they suggest you use the little caution triangle on the lower left side of the member profile box, to make a report.

Peace out....:rocks:
Yea that guy was an ass in that topic and deserved what everyone gave him.

But like someone said good search is better cuse if you use the search function here its like a 1/100 chance you find what you are looking for most of it is just a bunch of crap.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 07:21 PM   #7
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
But like someone said good search is better cuse if you use the search function here its like a 1/100 chance you find what you are looking for most of it is just a bunch of crap.
Agree to a point, but like using google, if you don't filter out the common words, you do get the crap.
I think if you looked at most of the posts where the OP is ,you will see that the flamers attach the links to numerous threads/posts that can answer the question at hand. Especially if the OP stated " I searched but couldn't find what I was looking for."

Tolerance is an art that is not practiced much these days, and just like the flamers need to tolerate the noobs a bit more, the noobs need to tolerate the flamers a bit more, and more tolerance is needed towards the flamers.

In those famous words..."People, I just want to say, you know, can't we all just get along?"
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 07:50 PM   #8
ashecnc
In the delivery business :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i Jet Black/Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]

Born 10/05 '06 325i Jet Black, Black, Sport Package, Xenon's, Heated Seats & Power, Sat. Prep, Rear Spoiler, Chrome Tips, Blacklines, Chrome Grills, 19" M5 wheels NO MORE run flats, drives like a dream now
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #9
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Talking

HEY

Thanks for your input, but this topic has actually ALREADY BEEN COVERED

go for "repost" and "dick"... good luck n00b

jp... jp jp jp

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 08:19 PM   #10
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk View Post
yea i wont lie but this forum has some of the most rude members around.

you need to get out more, this group is tame compared to other forums.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 08:20 PM   #11
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuthair View Post
<something I want to search for> site:e90post.com
most def... excellent advice!

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #12
dougman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 328 --> 2010 E92 M3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsarge View Post
you need to get out more, this group is tame compared to other forums.
Couldn't disagree more. Compared to Audi and VW owners, as well as any number of other sites I frequent, the crowd here is absolutely venemous. I've been really surprised.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 08:50 PM   #13
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougman View Post
Couldn't disagree more. Compared to Audi and VW owners, as well as any number of other sites I frequent, the crowd here is absolutely venemous. I've been really surprised.
Hey, Southern, NH, you'll have to get to the next G2G..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 10:13 PM   #14
X E I O
No more Japanese cars.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black 2008 550i

Agreed

I agree to that. This is the first post I've made for some time because of arguments that turned me off about writing here.

Quote: