BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

11-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #45
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

^^and there is nothing wrong about that until I say the rs5 is ugly. can't even express opinion on this forum because as soon as anything audi/porche is not good, the trolls will jump on you.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #46
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
please share your view on the rs5.
Obviously can't do anything from experience (unlike the C63/M3 comparo in "The Snake, The Mongoose and the Zookeeper"), but it's pretty clear that Audi has built a very competitive offering here, while retaining its "Audiness".

The Bimmer remains the darling of the road testers because of its back-road banditry DNA, and I'm quite sure it is a more responsive critter than the Audi in that venue, albeit not any quicker, and perhaps a bit slower. Still, in the twisties on the street, flat-out speed is not the issue unless you're a complete fool.

Going on road-tester phrasing, the Audi is a more planted, confidence-inspiring car when you're pushing it, but in that venue Quattro is also a curse in that it robs you of some steering feel and overall playfulness.

Overall, and obviously from afar, I think the Audi may prove to be a better overall car, in that I really don't often get to eight-tenths or thereabouts on the street.

Of course, the turnabout is that I haven't reached the maturity level necessary to get an automatic in my "fun" car, so on that score the Audi is clearly out.

Then again, getting the six-speed in the Bimmer means it falls behind in both the twisties and in a straight line, so that means it gets more complicated again.

Wait a minute! Got it!

I'll take the stick CTS-V, please. A bit quicker in the twisties, even quicker than that in a straight line, and better steering at speed (according to Car & Driver).

Problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #47
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
^^and there is nothing wrong about that until I say the rs5 is ugly. can't even express opinion on this forum because as soon as anything audi/porche is not good, the trolls will jump on you.
Here, I have to agree. Audi's fishmouth styling has totally turned me off. Eventually they'll tone it down, like BMW did with Banglishish.
Sort of reminds me of some other things.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #48
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Looks like I caught this thread too late. All the digressing/insulting/trolling posts have been removed and some PMs will follow shortly.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #49
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Here, I have to agree. Audi's fishmouth styling has totally turned me off. Eventually they'll tone it down, like BMW did with Banglishish.
Sort of reminds me of some other things.

too funny!
I actually dont mind the look of the front end of RS5...I think the body of most Audi's are bland and the front end as exciting......I just think the LED's are played out and over used!
just my opinion....
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0