BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

06-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #111
shadye90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Fanatic

Garage List
Well put it to you this way i work for BMW NA and i have done PLENTY of goodwills and have never made anyone sign such a form...

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
I made it up.
This is what a typical release form reads:

General Release

IN CONSIDERATION OF a one-time goodwill offer, BMW will provide xyz to ...the undersigned releases and fully discharges BMW of North America, LLC (“BMWNA”), BAYERISCHE MOTOREN WERKE AG (“BMW AG”) and each of their predecessors, successors, subsidiaries and affiliated entities, parents, partners, dealers, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, servants, employees, representatives, attorneys, heirs, successors and assigns, past and present, and each of them (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Releasees”), from any and all claims, demands and causes of action of any and every kind and nature, including, without limitation, claims or fraud, negligent misrepresentation, non-discloser, fraudulent misrepresentation, negligence, personal injuries, product liability, breach damages, attorneys fees, damages, costs and expenses, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, which the undersigned now owns or holds or at any time heretofore has owned or held against the others arising out of, resulting from, or in any way related to the undersigned’s 2008 BMW M3, vehicle identification number….

The undersigned recognizes that in executing this General Release that this instrument shall be effective as a bar to each and every action, claim, demand or cause of action released hereby.

No action taken by the Releasees, either previously or in connection with this Generation Release shall be deemed or construed to be an admission of the truth, falsity, fault or liability of the matter pertaining to any action, claim, demand, or cause of action referred to herein or relating to the subject matter of this General Release.

The undersigned will keep confidential the existence and terms of this General Release. The undersigned agrees not to reveal the facts leading up to the terms or conditions of this General Release in any communication form including, but not limited to, word-of-mouth, print, broadcast or internet.

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #112
baba louey
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 6sp ZCP Mel red coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadye90 View Post
Well put it to you this way i work for BMW NA and i have done PLENTY of goodwills and have never made anyone sign such a form...
Can you give an example of a BMW 'goodwill' action? I'm trying to get a sense of what the term 'goodwill' means in this context.

I had the airbag module fail on my A4 6 months after the warranty expired. Audi NA and the dealership covered 2/3's of the cost with me paying the last 1/3. Would that be an example?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #113
shadye90
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by baba louey View Post
Can you give an example of a BMW 'goodwill' action? I'm trying to get a sense of what the term 'goodwill' means in this context.

I had the airbag module fail on my A4 6 months after the warranty expired. Audi NA and the dealership covered 2/3's of the cost with me paying the last 1/3. Would that be an example?
Goodwill is anything that the dealer or manufacturer is willing to cover that does not qualify for coverage under the factory or cpo/extended warranty. So yes your example was one type of goodwill coverage.

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #114
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

Just as an aside, I had flood damage to my 08 and the dealer quoted 34,000 to obtain a new engine from germany and install. Engine was 25k, install 9k. Insurance carrier decided to total instead.

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #115
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Maybe, it's for a few cases that are above your pay grade.
Or certain cases have to be resolved by certain individuals...
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #116
shadye90
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Maybe, it's for a few cases that are above your pay grade.
Or certain cases have to be resolved by certain individuals...
And"maybe"one day the spread of misinformation on the internet will come to a complete stop.

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #117
shadye90
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Never!

Now go and get the OP a new engine already!
I just spoke to the wizard behind the curtain and he says "approved!" lol

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #118
US///M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
And"maybe"one day the spread of misinformation on the internet will come to a complete stop.
Is that release form fake?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #119
shadye90
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Is that release form fake?
Do you know for a fact that such a form came directly from a BMW dealer or did you "find it on the net?"

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #120
shadye90
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
OP is all set!
All jokes aside i hope all the best works out for the OP.. It will really depend on which dealer and who the OP deals with in that particular dealer to determine the outcome..Best of luck..

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #121
shadye90
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
OP is all set!
Sorry to thread jack but how are you liking the 991? I was at the Glen recently and had the chance to make a few laps in my friends 997.1 GT3 cup car and he is waiting for the 991 GT3 to be released..

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #122
US///M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Do you know for a fact that such a form came directly from a BMW dealer or did you "find it on the net?"
It's an actual release form from BMW NA, if you don't believe me, ask your supervisor on monday and get back with me.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #123
shadye90
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I don't think the dealer has much say in this, at that level a regional supervisor from BMW NA will most likely take a look and assess the situation, and authorize coverage or not. They'll pull the shadow memory and check for over revs, etc... and by doing that they'll know that the car was modified, and that will most likely be the end.

Love it, I have a comparison thread within the vs. section.

Not necessarily. Initially the mechanic and shop foreman will assess the damage and make a preliminary analysis of what needs to be done to correct the problem. Most likely they will need to submit a PUMA case to BMW where they will report their findings and it is there where BMW NA will decide whether or not a regional supervisor will need to come see the car. This is usually how it works but like anything else there are many variables which i cannot get into on a public forum that can affect this decision if you know what i mean. Up until recently i was a SA at a corporate owned dealer so i have seen it first hand..
Awesome..i will go check the thread out!

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #124
shadye90
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's an actual release form from BMW NA, if you don't believe me, ask your supervisor on monday and get back with me.
I will be sure to make it my top priority before anything else i do to find out for you..

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #125
US///M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Love it, I have a comparison thread within the vs. section.

I'm a big of the 991, you're lucky. Can I find one with no optiobs for $500 above dealer invoice? Hee hee hee
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #126
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Not necessarily. Initially the mechanic and shop foreman will assess the damage and make a preliminary analysis of what needs to be done to correct the problem. Most likely they will need to submit a PUMA case to BMW where they will report their findings and it is there where BMW NA will decide whether or not a regional supervisor will need to come see the car. This is usually how it works but like anything else there are many variables which i cannot get into on a public forum that can affect this decision if you know what i mean. Up until recently i was a SA at a corporate owned dealer so i have seen it first hand..
Awesome..i will go check the thread out!
Thanks for the insight.
How can a dealership be owned by corporate? I thought they had to be independent- pretty much what Tesla is have some trouble with in some states now.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #127
IL8Apex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3, 1999 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Thanks for the insight.
How can a dealership be owned by corporate? I thought they had to be independent- pretty much what Tesla is have some trouble with in some states now.
Maybe he means owned by a corporation, such as Penske Auto Group.
      06-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #128
shadye90
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL8Apex View Post
Maybe he means owned by a corporation, such as Penske Auto Group.
No..I meant BMW NA owned dealership. Here on the East cost there were 2 dealers owned by BMW NA..One of them is no longer owned by BMW NA anymore

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #129
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

I thought most stats require the dealership to be independent of manufacturer?
Maybe its different in your state? Tesla just lost a case in Texas about selling direct to consumer as a manufacturer.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #130
shadye90
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I thought most stats require the dealership to be independent of manufacturer?
Maybe its different in your state? Tesla just lost a case in Texas about selling direct to consumer as a manufacturer.
Possibly it is different in your state but here in NY BMW NA had ownership of 2 Dealers and so does MB and Audi..

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #131
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Question

7 page thread and not one word from any SC company.
      06-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #132
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
7 page thread and not one word from any SC company.
Interesting...
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0