BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
Yarzy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan 6spd

Question on a weird clutch noise

Hi everyone, I hope you may be able to help me identify what is going on with my car…if anything. I am a new owner of a 2009 manual sedan and I am hearing something that I am not sure is normal. Here is the best way I can describe it….My driveway has an incline to it with my garage off to the direct right with the driveway going past the garage further up the hill. When I go to park the car in the garage, I actually go past the garage, put the car in neutral, roll back past the garage door and then K turn the car into the garage in order to pull the car in straight.

Here is the issue….when I start to the pull the car into the garage, I am at a slight angle. I am not totally releasing the clutch fully as if I did, I would fly into the garage. With the clutch not fulling released, I slowly pull the car into the garage, again at a slight angle. Once I get into the garage, I push the clutch in all the way to slow down and that is when I hear a more “aggressive” clutch noise, maybe even a pop. I don’t feel anything different, but I notice it for sure. The issue is, once I get into a level surface and straightened out, I can not get the noise to come back…all is quiet. The pop is coming from the front of the car for sure, but I am not sure where.

I am SO sorry for the long rant, but I wanted to explain when I hear and don’t hear this issue.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #2
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
When the clutch is out (pedal down), on a level surface, do you hear any abnormal noises? clicking/rattling?
      09-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
Yarzy
Enlisted Member
Rep

No, only when I am on that incline with my wheels turned toward the right. Once I am in the garage on a level surface, it seems to go away.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarzy View Post
No, only when I am on that incline with my wheels turned toward the right. Once I am in the garage on a level surface, it seems to go away.
your low on your power steering fluid.
      09-18-2014, 09:11 AM   #5
Yarzy
Enlisted Member
Rep

Okay, I will check it out today. So, as an update it looks like this sound happens whenever I am going about 5-10 mph, not at lower speeds. Who knows, maybe this happens all the time but since I am going faster, I can't hear it? I hope I am making sense here. Does this help at all?

Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0