BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

11-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
Captain Slow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09' M3 Convertible

Convertible Owners... Golf Clubs?

Hi all,

I am about to place my order in for a E93 M3. Do any convertible owners play golf? If so, is the trunk actually viable for clubs with the rear seat down, or do you just put your bag in the back seat area?

Any info appreciated....
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
Macky112
newb
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3, 6MT

Hi,

if you opt for the ski-pass-through option, then depending on your golf bag, you might be able to slide it through the pass-through hole into the trunk when the top is down.

the trunk space, even with top up is not gonna hold your golf bag, at least couldn't hold mine...

and i dont have pass-through, so i just leave my backseat down and wrap 2 beach towels at each end of the bag so it doesnt scratch leathers on both side.

you can fit 2 golf bags using my method, and just secure them with seat belt, works great when i take my dad golfing

cheers

Michael
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
Captain Slow
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the info.

I did order the Cold Weather pack, so I think I have the pass through.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
ChrisFastM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods

Hey Top Gear fan, (like your user id)

I don't think it's gonna fit through your ski pass hole. Maybe if you have an old school skinny type of bag, the ones that don't have pockets, it'll work.... and still unlikely
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 03:39 AM   #5
Wads
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 & Tuned Focus ST

Garage List
Captain Slow FYI don't make the same mistake that I did and assume that the rear folding seats means you get a bigger trunk space..... the seats fold down but they don't open up into the trunk all you get is a better load space on the rear seats.

Testing soon: Lambo LP670 SV and Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
radm3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Jerez Black

With some trial and error the guys at my club figured out the best way is to put the base of a standard/light stand bag through the pass through which will allow enough room for the clubs(incl driver). Tried putting club end in first but on the way out clubs get caught in ski bag and can potentially fall out and scratch top of the bumper. This way lets me keep my clubs in my car all the time and still have my car seats in for the two kids. I play a few times a week and sometimes go out after dropping the kids at school, part of the reason I chose the m3 over the 911. Another reason the e93m3 is the best compromise if you want a high performance vert that functions well as a daily driver.

Good luck, you won't regret the purchase!
      11-13-2008, 09:42 PM   #7
Captain Slow
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radm3 View Post
With some trial and error the guys at my club figured out the best way is to put the base of a standard/light stand bag through the pass through which will allow enough room for the clubs(incl driver). Tried putting club end in first but on the way out clubs get caught in ski bag and can potentially fall out and scratch top of the bumper. This way lets me keep my clubs in my car all the time and still have my car seats in for the two kids. I play a few times a week and sometimes go out after dropping the kids at school, part of the reason I chose the m3 over the 911. Another reason the e93m3 is the best compromise if you want a high performance vert that functions well as a daily driver.

Good luck, you won't regret the purchase!
Thanks,

Worst case scenario I can put the clubs in the backseat. But would be nice to be able to have both....
      11-14-2008, 07:37 AM   #8
apexi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E93 M3Cab

Can you guys post up some pictures? I'd really like to see and how big your bags are. The thought of taking my clubs in the M3 never even occurred to me as I just assumed it wasn't possible.

E93 M3 Cab
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #9
radm3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Jerez Black

Here are a few low quality iphone pics.
Attached Images

11-14-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
Captain Slow
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for posting the pics.

That is pretty cool that you can fit a set of clubs through the opening without having to fold-down the seats.
      11-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #11
apexi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E93 M3Cab

hahaha...two baby seats and clubs??!! wow.

E93 M3 Cab
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #12
revmmm
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
My clubs fit in my trunk no problem. I was actually able to fit my wife's clubs (i.e. 2 bags) through the pass through, but it was tight. I actually put my clubs in the other way (clubs first) and for the driver I unzipped the ski bag passthrough and slid the clubs into the bag from the back seat. 2 bags is definintely tight and takes 5 minutes to set up (worth it for a golf/weekend away) but 1 set is no problem at all, with plenty of room for shoes, bags, etc.

Very practical. Sorry no pictures as the clubs are put away for the season. Now to see if I can fit my snowboard in there?

2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #13
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

anyone else got any pictures of their clubs in a convertible?
      05-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #14
m3convertdriver
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 E93

i live in NYC and played golf yesterday for the first time with my new m3 e93. forgot to take pics, but... I was able to fit two golf clubs in my car with the top down..

1) titleist golf bag with clubs (one with the extending legs) in the trunk using the passthrough.... AND

2) one ogio golf bag with clubs across the drop down back seat.

All in all, it worked out pretty well - next week will try to take some pics and send around. btw, i will also try to fit two golf bags through the passthrough - but not sure how the person above was able to do it.
2005 330 CIC, Jet Black (retired)
1997 Saab 900S, Turtle Green (R.I.P.)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #15
Doctor J
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

Golf clubs fit no problem with the top up. Just take the driver out and put it underneath the bag

If you want the top down -- then you will have to use the pass thru as mentioned above...

Just got my new Mizuno MP-58s too... woot!
      05-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #16
ASU
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Hi all,

I am about to place my order in for a E93 M3. Do any convertible owners play golf? If so, is the trunk actually viable for clubs with the rear seat down, or do you just put your bag in the back seat area?

Any info appreciated....
Before I ordered my car I brought my clubs in to test whether my clubs would fit. I have a Ogio carry bag with decent size side pockets. I have tried to attach a picture of a similar bag and size.

With the pass through I had no trouble with the top down and the back seat still usable. However there is no way to fit two bags with the top down unless you use the bag seat. There is a very neat option you can buy to protect your back seat. I also have a large dog and although I certainly don't plan on taking him too much in my car, however there will be times when I have to, not to mention once in while I will give him a treat and take him. He loved the top down in my old 330Ci. Again I have tried to post the URL to see it. When you go to the site type in "protective read cover" in keyword search.

http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/owners/acces...s/content.html
Attached Images

Last edited by ASU; 05-09-2010 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #17
m3convertdriver
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3convertdriver View Post
i live in NYC and played golf yesterday for the first time with my new m3 e93. forgot to take pics, but... I was able to fit two golf clubs in my car with the top down..

1) titleist golf bag with clubs (one with the extending legs) in the trunk using the passthrough.... AND

2) one ogio golf bag with clubs across the drop down back seat.

All in all, it worked out pretty well - next week will try to take some pics and send around. btw, i will also try to fit two golf bags through the passthrough - but not sure how the person above was able to do it.
see attached - with top up, i can fit two carry bags in my trunk. one through the pass through vertically, and one right above that horizontally. with top down, i think you may be able to fit two bags in if you shove both tops of the bag into the passthough but i didnt focus on that as it was 40 degrees in NYC this morning...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #18
m3convertdriver
Private
United_States
Rep

three golf clubs and three people in an m3 E93!!!!

btw, i was actually able to fit three golf clubs and three passengers in my car the other day. They were all the lightweight bags with legs but was pretty psyched i was able to do.

first bag in through the ski pass through (with all the clubs).

second bag across the trunk like the picture above (with all the clubs).

third bag - i took out all the clubs, put them in the trunk, and then put the bag in the rear seat behind the driver on a blanket - no clubs in there.

Re the people in the car, there was me, the passenger in front, and a guy that sat behind the passenger seat. was comfy for all and at least i know i can do this in a pinch.

CC
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #19
gallian93
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 cs/72 tii

Garage List
I drive to Maryland for golf a lot. I have a B_I_G Callaway bag. i can't get the back in thru the ski pass but clubs forward it goes in with no problem. and leaves enough room for a decent size travel bag.
careful pulling them out coz the driver will snag... secondly... make sure you secure the unused part of the ski bag...
or like me you'll be doing a 110mph on I-95 and a giant black erection will suddenly pop out of the back seat....trust me its a surprise and not the good kind!!!

when we go to the course in my car..top down.. i just drop the rear seat and through them in the back.
Hope that helps
O
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #20
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3convertdriver View Post
btw, i was actually able to fit three golf clubs and three passengers in my car the other day. They were all the lightweight bags with legs but was pretty psyched i was able to do.

first bag in through the ski pass through (with all the clubs).

second bag across the trunk like the picture above (with all the clubs).

third bag - i took out all the clubs, put them in the trunk, and then put the bag in the rear seat behind the driver on a blanket - no clubs in there.

Re the people in the car, there was me, the passenger in front, and a guy that sat behind the passenger seat. was comfy for all and at least i know i can do this in a pinch.

CC
You forgot to mention the 20 circus clowns that you fit in the car along with all that!

Seriously, that's a lot of stuff to fit in the E93! Awesome packing skills!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2011, 05:40 AM   #21
Swiss-M3-Cab
Registered
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo Cab - soon to go!!!

Guys - you just made my day!!!! got a 2008 - 911Turbo Cab - that is as of Now - up for sale! Great pictures and the child seats.. ha ha ha !
Look forward to spend some time on the Golf course - not having to switch cars with my wife all the time!
Appreciate 0