BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #45
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
The search button does not always give you the answers you seek...be gentle to the noobs.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #46
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
the thing is people have different names for different things, and they put a title that's not too relevant.
for example if you buy new rims you'd have a title like "my new shoes" or something like that. This makes it hard to search.

I search all the time but i do not always get what i want. I can open 50 search pages and not find my answer.

The last thing is laziness or out-of-time-ness (F'd up term!) sometimes i dont want to read or search, i just need my answer now coz my engine is smoking or something.

Searching is good, but just dont take it too religiously.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #47
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
How about these key words(and Im not directing this at you so dont bite my head off) - Read Your Fucking Owners Manual. There, that will shave a lot of time and actually make some idiots informative to other idiots.
Yeah, My own personal favorite, it's the fact that we even have access to an electronic owners manual here at e90post that makes it even more frustrating.

How fucking lazy does a person have to be, how irresponsible that they cannot even crack open a Freaking Manual... instead, they would rather be dazzled and surprised by magic icons and exclamation points...
      08-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #48
joebaggg
E60
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Attack

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
i can say myself i search 90% of the time i have a question. the search feature of this sight sucks. i will then post if i cannot find what im looking for, but also to see if there is anything i missed that wasnt found while searching. if you have seen a topic 18 times already then giving someone a link should take just as long as finding the button... so if ur on here complaining about "newb/lazy" people's questions then a forum isnt for u. this is a interactive sight not a library. you dont get up and walk arround the dinner table to look for the salt right? i think all of us would rather ask someone to pass it over.

= :finger:
      08-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #49
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisG35 View Post
for example if you buy new rims you'd have a title like "my new shoes" or something like that. This makes it hard to search.
Another excellent point. Why cant people just title their thread with 100% pertinance to their question or thought? Posting a thread with the title "I have a problem" or "Can you help me" will only get you curious readers and not people who KNOW how to help you. I think the problem we are having here is people need forum etiquette classes. That will help solve the "I cant find it when I searched" issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaggg View Post
you dont get up and walk arround the dinner table to look for the salt right? i think all of us would rather ask someone to pass it over.
But if the salt is right behind the pepper and they are BOTH in front of you, just get up and look, you might find what you need is right there without bothering other people.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #50
phazedkid
e92
Rep
Drives: e92

sometimes... the thread title and subject MAY SEEM TO BE A REPOST, but has LEGITIMATE purpose. you know what i'm talking about, right HyperM3?? even though in the end it turned out to be the same old crap. haha.

anyways, i don't see a problem with people telling others to search as long as it's done in a nice manner. i could see how some may get a lit offended/bitter when someone belittles you or tells you to just fuck off and search. that's jacked up but no use getting worked up over it. it's just an online forum. and it's not hard to find very specific things you are looking for even if the result gives you a 50 page long thread. you just go back and make it show by posts with your specific key words in it. searching well also takes some practice and time, and with the amount of information here, someone will probably have covered what you are looking for.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #51
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Pick on Hyper day apparently
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #52
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
Pick on Hyper day apparently
Have you noticed? Good thing I dont take all this too seriously, Im not going anywhere. Some people actually consider me an asset to this place.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #53
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

on many forums the search function doesn't work for a damn

this one however actually works pretty well on here
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 11:38 PM   #54
phazedkid
e92
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
Have you noticed? Good thing I dont take all this too seriously, Im not going anywhere. Some people actually consider me an asset to this place.
HAHAHA. i'm glad you are a good sport.
i agree that you are indeed an ASSet!!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 11:56 PM   #55
Booboo12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan 2007

Instead of telling them to , just start telling them
See how many post pics of their dead fuel pumps etc...

ps: and not everything is obviously a repost...
I admit I've done it, but then again, I haven't read every post on this forum for the past 3 years... just the past three months...
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #56
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
the search is okay... i don't think there's enough for key words. its the same for the garage... when your searching for member's pictures of cars using words such as "gruppe m" or whatever... it gets difficult sometimes to find what your looking for.

the search works to some extent... but there's def room for improvement.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0