BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

08-31-2008, 04:26 PM   #45
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
hmmm....that is interesting. from what that thread says (and what I just checked on the online configurator) you are correct. what is interesting is that the ordering guide and datasheet both do not say that nav is required for extended. i wonder what a dealer/CA would say.
I think that's a MY '09 change. Now extended leather requires Nav. Not producing single hump extended leather dashboards anymore seems to help BMW cutting costs. The same change has been made for Europe.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 12:31 AM   #46
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I was thinking about this thread during my roadtrip this weekend. I have beige w/ extended, and I feel that there is a better way of spending US$1100. Yes there are more areas covered in leather, yes there are more stiches, but for $1100, BMW should have given us more.

From a stitch standpoint, the only area where there are more stiches is 1) around the glove compartment and 2) the center console.

But the problem is, the stitches around the glove compartment is barely noticeable by the driver because it is slented, and you won't see the stitches around the center console either because your leg would be covering it.

Hence, my conclusion is, if you have the money, get it. However, if you are deciding between the Extended Leather option and, for example, Premium Sound, get the Premium Sound, because Extended Leather just doesn't have as good of a cost-benefit ratio as Premium Sound.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 04:00 AM   #47
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
I was thinking about this thread during my roadtrip this weekend. I have beige w/ extended, and I feel that there is a better way of spending US$1100. Yes there are more areas covered in leather, yes there are more stiches, but for $1100, BMW should have given us more.

From a stitch standpoint, the only area where there are more stiches is 1) around the glove compartment and 2) the center console.

But the problem is, the stitches around the glove compartment is barely noticeable by the driver because it is slented, and you won't see the stitches around the center console either because your leg would be covering it.

Hence, my conclusion is, if you have the money, get it. However, if you are deciding between the Extended Leather option and, for example, Premium Sound, get the Premium Sound, because Extended Leather just doesn't have as good of a cost-benefit ratio as Premium Sound.
thanks...good objective advice.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #48
Doc
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW/Blk sunroof 19s

Another option is to get it done aftermarket since for 1000 dollars so little of dash area is really covered. I was quoted the equivalent of $1500 to get the whole dash (top and bottom-Porsche style) and front console covered in the same quality leather with silver stitching. Nice contrast but maybe a bit over the top without the seats stitching matching.
Appreciate 0