BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

BPM

12-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
Giccy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: like he has much to learn

GTA Dealers and Tire Warranty & Replicas

Hey, I know it's different from dealer to deal, but does anyone know if BMW Toronto (or any other GTA dealer) honours the warranty if they're on replica (or non-OEM) wheels?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
Superfly_M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

They don't.

The will honour the original rims/tires even if you bought them second hand.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Here it is ... you can read all about it

http://www.bmwtoronto.ca/financial/P...ard-protection

Coverage.
BMW Tire and Rim Protection provides coverage for the original BMW vehicle listed on the Service Contract, and the original tires and rims which are installed on that vehicle that are damaged by various road hazards, including but not limited to:

- Nails, Screws, Glass, Rocks, Animal carcasses, Potholes, Road cracks, Uneven pavement, Curb scuffs.

Coverage also includes BMW summer tire and rim packages, BMW winter tire and rim packages and replacement tires and rims beyond the original set as long as they're of manufacturer specification
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
Giccy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: like he has much to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Here it is ... you can read all about it

http://www.bmwtoronto.ca/financial/P...ard-protection

Coverage.
BMW Tire and Rim Protection provides coverage for the original BMW vehicle listed on the Service Contract, and the original tires and rims which are installed on that vehicle that are damaged by various road hazards, including but not limited to:

- Nails, Screws, Glass, Rocks, Animal carcasses, Potholes, Road cracks, Uneven pavement, Curb scuffs.

Coverage also includes BMW summer tire and rim packages, BMW winter tire and rim packages and replacement tires and rims beyond the original set as long as they're of manufacturer specification
That's where the uncertainty lies. "Beyond the original set" could mean only your second set of OEMs or any set beyond the "original OEM" set.

It wouldn't be such an issue normally but I'm in a hurry to get rims for winters and I'd rather not rely on finding OEMs.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #5
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

I know what you are saying. Better call the dealer to really clarify. I also dealt with BMW Toronto (last year) but I decline their wheel/tire protection as I deem not necessary. I have never dented/bented my wheels or even replaced the RF for the last two bmws I have.

If you lease the car, then maybe good idea to get the protection because you know BMW may be very picky when you return the car.

Lastly, my interpretation is still they are referring to BMW wheels since all other wheels (aftermarket) are not approved.
Appreciate 0