BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #45
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalley View Post
My prediction for Monday is ...a fully loaded car will be $68,700 MSRP which will mean I will have an S5 in my driveway next year.
The three packages alone (Premium, Technology and Cold), with 19" wheels and the Gas Guzzler Tax could be some $12,000 alone on top of whatever base price is determined... and still you are not getting the M-DCT, Extended Leather, Moonroof, the iPod/HD Radio/Sirius and the M Audio plus the rest of the "minor" options. That's at least another $8000 in options...

I think that we all can agree that that's not going to be a fully loaded price for sure...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 09:28 PM   #46
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The three packages alone (Premium, Technology and Cold), with 19" wheels and the Gas Guzzler Tax could be some $12,000 alone on top of whatever base price is determined... and still you are not getting the M-DCT, Extended Leather, Moonroof, the iPod/HD Radio/Sirius and the M Audio plus the rest of the "minor" options. That's at least another $8000 in options...

I think that we all can agree that that's not going to be a fully loaded price for sure...

Gas Guzzler tax doesnt figure into MSRP...

And, like you said, it all depends what the base price is. I could easily see the 69K being a well optioned M3.

Jason
      01-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #47
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
The three packages alone (Premium, Technology and Cold), with 19" wheels and the Gas Guzzler Tax could be some $12,000...
I think you are off by about $3k.
      01-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #48
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
Gas Guzzler tax doesnt figure into MSRP...
And, like you said, it all depends what the base price is. I could easily see the 69K being a well optioned M3.

Jason
But still you have to pay it, right?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #49
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
No one cares how much you pay in taxes. And by saying that you make yourself look like that much more of an ass. Anyone paying 200k in taxes can afford to pay premium for a car, so quit your bitching and be glad someone else is fighting allowing you to sit and cry about a few thousand.

A break on a car is the very least we owe anyone in the military.
Amen. I couldn't have said it better.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #50
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
I think you are off by about $3k.
GGT = $1700 estimated
TP = $4300 estimated (Nav is a $2100 option in the E9x, EDC should be another $2000 plus $500 Comfort Access and the M-Drive ($??) minus package discount)
PP = $2300 estimated (is $2550 in the 335i with almost the same equipment minus lumbar)
CP = $1000 (normally is)
19" = $1800 (E46 M3 price)

= $11,100 estimated... make it $10,000 and I think that it is a deal.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #51
BevoRules
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln View Post
I totally agree about the military pricing. Get rid of it. Some yay-hoo out shooting Muslims or on a ship somewhere shouldn't cause my car to cost me more (ie some type of deal between US military and BMW where ultimately tax payer money gets used to pay for armed forces cars).
I'm going out on the limb here and guessing you have never served in the military have you? Well spend a little time "In Country" and then come give us your view after you have done your time....idiot!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #52
aerisolphaln
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 G35 coupe 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoRules View Post
I'm going out on the limb here and guessing you have never served in the military have you? Well spend a little time "In Country" and then come give us your view after you have done your time....idiot!
I have read mention of "fighting for my freedom" that I "take for granted" but, isn't the first freedom mentioned in the constitutional amendments the freedom of speech? Now, is that only the freedom to blindly praise those in the military? I guess it seems to me that those in the military are fighting for my freedom to speak my mind and share my opinions, even if I am derogatory and dissenting with regards to those in the military and their operations. No? I've got my freedoms mixed up? Please enlighten me.

06/2008: M3, 335+Dinan, or ...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #53
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
GGT = $1700 estimated
TP = $4300 estimated (Nav is a $2100 option in the E9x, EDC should be another $2000 plus $500 Comfort Access and the M-Drive ($??) minus package discount)
PP = $2300 estimated (is $2550 in the 335i with almost the same equipment minus lumbar)
CP = $1000 (normally is)
19" = $1800 (E46 M3 price)

= $11,100 estimated... make it $10,000 and I think that it is a deal.
TP won't be $4k or over.
CP should be $750.
      01-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #54
BevoRules
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

Quote:
I have read mention of "fighting for my freedom" that I "take for granted" but, isn't the first freedom mentioned in the constitutional amendments the freedom of speech? Now, is that only the freedom to blindly praise those in the military? I guess it seems to me that those in the military are fighting for my freedom to speak my mind and share my opinions, even if I am derogatory and dissenting with regards to those in the military and their operations. No? I've got my freedoms mixed up? Please enlighten me.
You can speak your mind all you want and I didn't challenge your right in this regard. But by you not answering my question, I can assume that indeed you haven't served...correct?

And you are indeed correct...you have the rights that you do in many respect because of the men and women you have paid the ultimate price over the past 225+ years of this country.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 11:01 PM   #55
aerisolphaln
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Absolutely correct - never served, never will.

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 11:37 PM   #56
InJapan
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Cab, imola/imola

Quote:
I totally agree about the military pricing. Get rid of it. Some yay-hoo out shooting Muslims or on a ship somewhere shouldn't cause my car to cost me more (ie some type of deal between US military and BMW where ultimately tax payer money gets used to pay for armed forces cars).
This is just so wrong on so many levels. I hope this was typed at a short moment of cluelessness and is not his general thought process.

What I think is sad is the Military sales program was started years old by BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche (they dropped theirs) to show their appreciation for the US Military for protecting and rebuilding their country that we destroyed.... and the US auto makers really don't offer a similar program.

Back on topic....
I can't wait until Monday.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 11:47 PM   #57
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

I believe most of your taxes go to old people and poor people and disabled people. The country just goes into debt for wars. But thats cool cause the more the government spends, the more money comes back into the population. The country has always been in debt except for that one time with Clinton but that was the exact time the country went into a recession too... i dont know if anyone noticed that? government surplus equaled recession. not that it was to blame, but it did happen at the same time. and you can't blame that on bush cause he wasn't in office until 6 months after the country was up to its neck in a recession.

but im just babbling here... working the night shift, im half asleep... what was the topic? oh yea, m3 price is coming out monday! nice, all it means for me though is what options I'll be able to get and what options i can't afford - not like i'm making 400k a year yet. I'm only 22 - give it 5 years
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #58
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

BMW give discounts for all sorts of people, including diplomats, international workers etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 12:20 AM   #59
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoRules View Post
Quote:
Absolutely correct - never served, never will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InJapan View Post
This is just so wrong on so many levels. I hope this was typed at a short moment of cluelessness and is not his general thought process.

What I think is sad is the Military sales program was started years old by BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche (they dropped theirs) to show their appreciation for the US Military for protecting and rebuilding their country that we destroyed.... and the US auto makers really don't offer a similar program.

Back on topic....
I can't wait until Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
BMW give discounts for all sorts of people, including diplomats, international workers etc.
I think this discussion needs to end despite how I, and many of us feel.

Aerisolphaln has chosen the type of man he intends to be.
      01-12-2008, 12:46 AM   #60
aerisolphaln
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post

Aerisolphaln has chosen the type of man he intends to be.
You're absolutely right - and I'm proud of who I am. I stand by everything I've said in this thread. And what makes this country great is that I have the freedom to my opinions and the freedom to voice those opinions, even when my sentiments aren't popular. Isn't that what all of you military folks were and are fighting for?

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 01:09 AM   #61
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32:
No one cares how much you pay in taxes. And by saying that you make yourself look like that much more of an ass. Anyone paying 200k in taxes can afford to pay premium for a car, so quit your bitching and be glad someone else is fighting allowing you to sit and cry about a few thousand.

A break on a car is the very least we owe anyone in the military.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnuts3 View Post
Amen. I couldn't have said it better.
+1

Quote:
You're absolutely right - and I'm proud of who I am. I stand by everything I've said in this thread. And what makes this country great is that I have the freedom to my opinions and the freedom to voice those opinions, even when my sentiments aren't popular. Isn't that what all of you military folks were and are fighting for?
^Why do you continue to show people how much of an ass you are? We all know about freedom of speech, it's boring already.

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 01:10 AM   #62
wahoo
Bangin' my head against the wall
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Think about this.... In the M3.. you would be owning THE M3. But in the 997... your just another porsche, the entry 911 at that. Kind of a big fish in a little pond, or small fish in a big pond type of thing.

Obviously, there are multiple ways to look at it though. I'm just offering up this one at the moment.
There are too many things to comment on to compare the M v. 997. Regardless of the 'fish analogy (and altogether valid) it will simply eliminate me from the equation. When BMW comes back to road racing in GT1 and kicks Porsche's ass...I'll (maybe) plunk my coin down for a car priced in the same sphere as a 997. Once again, it matters not for me personally - it seems out of reach. All things considered, I think most ppl would guffaw at spending that kind of premium for a BMW 3 series v. Porsche. Just my opinion. It WILL be one of, if not, the best packages around, however, BMW simply doesn't have the marque presence for that kind of money for a 3 series variant, IMO.

I'm really just living vicariously through you folks that are able to own such a spectacular vehicle. carry on.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 01:44 AM   #63
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Although I have vehemently disagreed with aerisolphaln in the past, and am not so fond of his arrogance, I side with him on Military automobile discounts. First, today there is simply no logical connection between the two. You Military guys make it sound like some god given right to pay less for some luxury cars then us non-military folks. Next, last I checked, there was not a draft. Why should a voluntary balance between risk and reward entitle one to less expensive cars? In the end the cost must be borne by other buyers and it amounts to an unfair tax and entitlement program. I know you guys and your families have hard jobs and hard lives. I can appreciate that but you have some great benefits as well. Why is not pride of doing a tough job and the respect, admiration and thanks from your supporters enough? Do you really think cheap BMWs are the required appreciation? Perhaps I might also be grilled on if I have ever served and the answer is no. But would I feel entitled to less expensive luxury cars if I was serving? No I wouldn't. Sure I'd appreciate it but I would not feel entitled to it.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 02:45 AM   #64
SMSgt B
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '23 M4 G83; '23 M850i

Garage List
2022 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Although I have vehemently disagreed with aerisolphaln in the past, and am not so fond of his arrogance, I side with him on Military automobile discounts. First, today there is simply no logical connection between the two. You Military guys make it sound like some god given right to pay less for some luxury cars then us non-military folks. Next, last I checked, there was not a draft. Why should a voluntary balance between risk and reward entitle one to less expensive cars? In the end the cost must be borne by other buyers and it amounts to an unfair tax and entitlement program. I know you guys and your families have hard jobs and hard lives. I can appreciate that but you have some great benefits as well. Why is not pride of doing a tough job and the respect, admiration and thanks from your supporters enough? Do you really think cheap BMWs are the required appreciation? Perhaps I might also be grilled on if I have ever served and the answer is no. But would I feel entitled to less expensive luxury cars if I was serving? No I wouldn't. Sure I'd appreciate it but I would not feel entitled to it.
There is only 1 "Given right" I feel I deserve after serving for 24 years ... a retirement check. The rest are just programs that can be utilized IF you qualify for it, like Military/Diplomatic sales program. Most folks in the military do NOT qualify to use it. For instance, when I was in CA, I paid MSRP, CA taxes and GGT for my E46 M3. Everyone will eventually have a program they can utilize if they qualify: how about tax deductions, senior citizen discounts, food stamps, WIC ... etc. I don't "expect" to pay less than anyone, but if I have a "program" I can use that allows me to save some $$$, then I will use it. Wouldn't anyone?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 08:26 AM   #65
InJapan
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Cab, imola/imola

The military discount is a part of the benefits for serving overseas. Just like free health care.
We don't feel entitled to it, its a part of the pay/benefit package.
I don't hear anyone else complaining about someone else's salary.
No one is being forced to "subsidize" us, that is BMW's policy... complain to them. Or don't buy their products in protest.
Stop your griping. If you want the discount... go to your recruiter and ask for a tour in the sand.

Moderator , please lock this tread. It is way off topic... and I am really starting to get irked at the insulting comments.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 08:29 AM   #66
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
GGT = $1700 estimated
What's the source of that 1700 estimation?
Appreciate 0