BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

03-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #23
RichMattB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 ///M3, e70 X5 4.8i

So, Nathan, you are saying that you would not want Vorsteiner to refinish a product with surface defects after you paid $24,000 for that product?

It is outrageous that a product costing that kind of money is shipped with glaring defects, no matter how "normal".
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #24
spacegreym3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

This looks like another hate post with questionable intentions as this is the OP first post he makes on the board? I am personally a long time lurker and NOOB myself here but this would not be the first post I would make on M3post unless i was a competitor or had something to gain from this post. Something smells kind of fishy here...

I wish ur buddy best of luck in getting any issues resolved. It looks like something that can easily resolved by a body shop =)

Last edited by spacegreym3; 03-30-2011 at 11:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 10:57 AM   #25
nathan@cc
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMattB View Post
So, Nathan, you are saying that you would not want Vorsteiner to refinish a product with surface defects after you paid $24,000 for that product?

It is outrageous that a product costing that kind of money is shipped with glaring defects, no matter how "normal".
If it was a finished carbon fiber part that was being represented as a finished bolt on part, absolutely! These parts are not designed to be finished unless you specify that you want finished carbon parts so you can leave all of the parts un-painted(this costs more of course).
By the way I think the $24,000 or $25,000 includes a wheel and tire package that retails for close to $8000
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #26
RichMattB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 ///M3, e70 X5 4.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan@candccollision.com View Post
If it was a finished carbon fiber part that was being represented as a finished bolt on part, absolutely! These parts are not designed to be finished unless you specify that you want finished carbon parts so you can leave all of the parts un-painted(this costs more of course).
By the way I think the $24,000 or $25,000 includes a wheel and tire package that retails for close to $8000
Ok - In that case I can see where you were coming from with your earlier post.

Gotta admit though, even for $16K you have the right to expect top quality parts!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 11:51 AM   #27
nathan@cc
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMattB View Post
Ok - In that case I can see where you were coming from with your earlier post.

Gotta admit though, even for $16K you have the right to expect top quality parts!
Trust me I do agree, my life would be a whole lot easier if every part somebody wanted installed on their car was ready to scuff and paint. I always look like the bad guy because it costs alot to install and prepare these parts for paint, not to mention painting them.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #28
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Wow. If I paid $24,000 for a body kit and it contained imperfections like that I would send it back. $24,000 is quite a bit of money for just cosmetics that contained imperfections. To the OP: if you were told that was real CF, I would definitely raise hell and get my money back.
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 05:19 PM   #29
tma1c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 6MT M3

I don't understand how anyone can back Vorsteiner when the pics show pin holes and many more imperfections. I want my sh$t to be mint if I'm paying $24,000... Im surprised it looks like that. I had their cf kit for my e46 and I was pretty impressed with the quality.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #30
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

For half that much I would expect much more!

SZ
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #31
ysv
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

just take a look at BMW OEM carbon fiber parts (spoiler, front bumper spoilers), i have them, they look just the same, inside and outside... make your conclusions...
      03-31-2011, 09:03 PM   #32
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

I think most CF parts will have FRP content in it.

but what I have read about the fitment is non-sense.

I have used many big name brands of bodykits and its true they don't fit will and most of them are big name brands too which totally doesn't make sense to me.
especially on on big pieces like bumpers and hoods.

but I recently purchased a $hit load of Arkym stuff.. I was so suprised how good the fitment was on my front bumper I was shocked actually. there was 0 adjustment made to fit the bumper on the my car.

I feel that is the true way how a kit should be made.

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #33
nathan@cc
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysv View Post
just take a look at BMW OEM carbon fiber parts (spoiler, front bumper spoilers), i have them, they look just the same, inside and outside... make your conclusions...
By any chance does BMW make a widebody kit for the M3? They dont. If they did how much do you suppose front bumper, front bumper spoiler, 2 fenders, 2 side skirts, 2 quarter panel flares, rear trunk, rear bumper would cost?? Keep in mind that the carbon fiber trunk spoiler that BMW offers is $400+ and its flimsy and its a piece of sh%t to install, but you are right the carbon is flawless
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 10:34 PM   #34
nathan@cc
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
I think most CF parts will have FRP content in it.

but what I have read about the fitment is non-sense.

I have used many big name brands of bodykits and its true they don't fit will and most of them are big name brands too which totally doesn't make sense to me.
especially on on big pieces like bumpers and hoods.

but I recently purchased a $hit load of Arkym stuff.. I was so suprised how good the fitment was on my front bumper I was shocked actually. there was 0 adjustment made to fit the bumper on the my car.

I feel that is the true way how a kit should be made.
My 2 cents. Arkym fits great but very poor quality. Both rear diffusers that i've installed for customers delaminated into almost 2 separate halves during shipping. I had to repair them and reinforce them with fiber and resin and pull off a miracle to make them look good.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #35
brizzom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Cliff notes:

OP posts pictures of his POS vorsteiner kit...
Vorsteiner venders jump in and defend vorsteiner and claim the post is "fishy"

Am I missing anything?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 11:16 PM   #36
nathan@cc
United_States
Rep

You left out the testimonials from other vorsteiner customers, do they count. And for the record i have no incentive or motive to protect Vorsteiner. I think their products are the best in the market otherwise i wouldnt put my signature on them. You may think that i want to protect a potential revenue stream that i get from vorsteiner installs?? Wrong I probably lose money on every paint/install I do because everyone blows their wad buying these parts and then they are too cheap to pay me whats reasonable. I am a proud business owner and i hate to see another hard working business get smeared by a bunch of bs. I would hope that if anyone ever tried to badmouth my company my customers and other vendors would step up to protect me as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 11:25 PM   #37
brizzom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You left out the testimonials from other vorsteiner customers, do they count. And for the record i have no incentive or motive to protect Vorsteiner. I think their products are the best in the market otherwise i wouldnt put my signature on them. You may think that i want to protect a potential revenue stream that i get from vorsteiner installs?? Wrong I probably lose money on every paint/install I do because everyone blows their wad buying these parts and then they are too cheap to pay me whats reasonable. I am a proud business owner and i hate to see another hard working business get smeared by a bunch of bs. I would hope that if anyone ever tried to badmouth my company my customers and other vendors would step up to protect me as well.
Why is it bs though? Maybe for you the quality seems up to par with other body kits, but there are also a lot of members that are pretty surprised of the quality. I definitely will think twice before buying something from vorsteiner, or at least check it out in person before buying something.

You have been pretty helpful in this thread actually. I just think its ridiculous that vendors are popping in here and making wild accusations about this member. So what if he only has 5 posts? Are they claiming that its a fake vs kit?

Here's another question for everyone who is defending VS. Would YOU be happy with that 24,000 kit if you paid for it expecting the highest quality?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #38
nathan@cc
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzom View Post
Why is it bs though? Maybe for you the quality seems up to par with other body kits, but there are also a lot of members that are pretty surprised of the quality. I definitely will think twice before buying something from vorsteiner, or at least check it out in person before buying something.

You have been pretty helpful in this thread actually. I just think its ridiculous that vendors are popping in here and making wild accusations about this member. So what if he only has 5 posts? Are they claiming that its a fake vs kit?

Here's another question for everyone who is defending VS. Would YOU be happy with that 24,000 kit if you paid for it expecting the highest quality?
I get you. But in reality what the buyer of one of this kits could really be upset about is that it costs alot of money to install and sure part of it is to clean it up and make it look flawless. Would/could it cost them a little less with their installer if vorsteiner spent alot more time to make the raw product flawless? Sure. But then Vorsteiner would probably sell it for even more because they have even more invested into the production of the kit.

Again this is not a kit that is sold to the retail market. It is only sold and shipped to trusted partners to eliminate the issue you mentioned above(fake/counterfeit) It is then that shops duty to properly prep, paint and install the kit. The liability at that point is on the shop. In my opinion they improperly installed the sidemarker. They leaked photos of raw parts and potentially tarnished the reputation of their partner. In my opinion this thread should be aimed at the install shop for not doing a quality job and for not being responsible to their business partner.

Last edited by nathan@cc; 03-31-2011 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: mistake
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 11:40 PM   #39
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

What`s fishy is that this is not the OP car, this thread was strategically fabricated with ill intention. As far as Vorsteiner was concerned this client couldn`t be happier with his finished car. So you do the math. What`s really going on ?

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 11:43 PM   #40
brizzom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I get you. But in reality what the buyer of one of this kits could really be upset about is that it costs alot of money to install and sure part of it is to clean it up and make it look flawless. Would/could it cost them a little less with their installer if vorsteiner spent alot more time to make the raw product flawless? Sure. But then Vorsteiner would probably sell it for even more because they have even more invested into the production of the kit.

Again this is not a kit that is sold to the retail market. It is only sold and shipped to trusted partners to eliminate the issue you mentioned above(fake/counterfeit) It is then that shops duty to properly prep, paint and install the kit. The liability at that point is on the shop. In my opinion they improperly installed the sidemarker. They leaked photos of raw parts and potentially tarnished the reputation of their partner. In my opinion this thread should be aimed at the install shop for not doing a quality job and not be responsible to their business partner.
Fair enough. Didn't know that's how it worked for this specific piece. I guess I should think twice before buying any body kit then if those pinholes are normal

Got some questions for you, but I'll PM so I don't clutter the thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 11:44 PM   #41
brizzom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange fever View Post
What`s fishy is that this is not the OP car, this thread was strategically fabricated with ill intention. As far as Vorsteiner was concerned this client couldn`t be happier with his finished car. So you do the math. What`s really going on ?
But how are you sure that the client is happy with the car?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 11:57 PM   #42
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange fever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzom View Post
But how are you sure that the client is happy with the car?
because he knows the client...
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #43
brizzom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
because he knows the client...
How do you know he knows the client?

I'm just kidding .. I don't know what the hell is going on anymore.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #44
RaceFab
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

For 24k you could have a 1 off kit made by MetalCrafters or Aria group...if you dont know who they are, google them...make vorsteiner or these other company and shops look like minor leaguers.
Appreciate 0