BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

03-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #89
bim14
BIMMM3R
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 6MT AW/SO

I was about to get a c63, then I ended up getting an e92 m3 M-DCT. I regret getting the m3 in the dct, so if i was gonna go for an "automatic" I'd go for the c63...way more fun just daily driving. But if you're looking for a sort of track car, then go for the m3. I still wish I bought the c63 even though I love my M, bcuz I never take my car to the track, and I want a little more torque. Plus, with the c63 the girls will actually hear you coming unless u spend a ridiculous amount of money on an aftermarket exhaust for the e92.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #90
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
went and test droe a c63 this weekend. first of all all the mercedes salespeople ran out to look at my car and rave about it. then i saw the almost plain looking c63 took it for a drive and the car was nothing compared to my old 335. i wont even compare to the M3 oh and all the salesman kept saying was it isnt like your car . M is a better handling car. nothing like your car. and he was right
Your story, just like your posts have no substance to it. I doubt you even own an M3 or it belongs to your parents.

Last edited by MikeG_C63_AMG; 03-22-2010 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #91
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
Your story, just like your posts are have no substance to it. I doubt you even own an M3 or it belongs to your parents.

If what this guy says is true.. he's the stop light hero of the group. Probably drives in a jerky uncontrolled manner and races anything at every chance he gets. I know this may seem rude and it's only my opinion so it really doesn't matter to the group, but I'm going to say it anyway: If you buy a car like the AMG as your "sports car".. theres a pretty good chance your driving skills are lacking. Anyone who drives an auto 4 door muscle car and states they out turn M3's all the time doesn't get the science to driving. These are the people that make spirited driving look really bad. No skill.. no clue.. no wonder he drives an AMG.

Just sayin'

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #92
GnokGnik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997 C2S

M3 is what I would choose. I wouldn't even think about it. That said, that C63 is a great and has such a nice 6.2L V8.

As DD, I prefer the V8 in the Merc than the V8 in the M3.

...6.2L V8 M3 ...with the complimentary balancing ///M does so well.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #93
Golgothar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

OUCH!

Look I'm not saying the C63 is the best MB or anything but lets face it, it is a good car for what it is designed to do as MB's philoshphy seems to be to answer the +weight with +hp/tq (a doctrine seeminly being adopted more and more by BMW sadly).

That being said all the C63 guys jumping on these threads claiming to have smoked all these M3s in corners is pretty funny as the M3 is to handling as the C63 is to torque so if you know what your doing and i know what im doing the results of a dragrace or a sharp track corner between 2 stock cars are pretty predictable.

Last edited by Golgothar; 03-22-2010 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #94
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeedg48 View Post
I own a C300 and it's great w/t a 3L motor. But 6.2L is just stupid. Car rolls through corners. Any other 63 is amazing but the C class is just over kill.. and just plain stupid.
(I love merc' but not the C63, it's just too much motor and no real balance)
I can't believe I missed this one. Another person not informed.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #95
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunnerable View Post

If what this guy says is true.. he's the stop light hero of the group. Probably drives in a jerky uncontrolled manner and races anything at every chance he gets. I know this may seem rude and it's only my opinion so it really doesn't matter to the group, but I'm going to say it anyway: If you buy a car like the AMG as your "sports car".. theres a pretty good chance your driving skills are lacking. Anyone who drives an auto 4 door muscle car and states they out turn M3's all the time doesn't get the science to driving. These are the people that make spirited driving look really bad. No skill.. no clue.. no wonder he drives an AMG.

Just sayin'
Your stereotype doesn't have a toe let alone a leg to stand on. Let all of us know when you finally wake up and come back to reality. I came form an E46 M3 and a good portion of C63 owners are former E46 M3 owners. Last I checked purchasing/leasing an M3 didn't come with any certification of being a skilled driver.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #96
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your stereotype doesn't have a toe let alone a leg to stand on. Let all of us know when you finally wake up and come back to reality. I came form an E46 M3 and a good portion of C63 owners are former E46 M3 owners. Last I checked purchasing/leasing an M3 didn't come with any certification of being a skilled driver.
Ultra sarcasm aside, I agree with you 100%! Believe me, no one has to sell me on the fact that M3 drivers aren't all skilled and/or professional race car drivers. In fact, seeing as the cars image attracts toolbags and douchbags alike, I'm willing to put money on the possibility that a vast majority of BMW owners aren't passionate "drivers" at all. The same wouldn't be true for a car like the GT3 RS.

Truth is, my post came off a little harsh. For that, I apologize. But seriously, a 4 door, 2 ton sedan with an automatic transmission is NOT a sports car. It's a muscle car. I drove it.. I loved it! But don't act like it's the best thing since sliced bread. We're comparing apples to oranges here.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #97
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
I can't believe I missed this one. Another person not informed.
so sorry i guess your the only informed person. i just read how mercedes will be discontinueing the c63 amg
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #98
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep

Quote:
e46 isnt an e9x. and the e46 still smokes that c300 amg
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #99
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep

hey Mike go to oncars.com and see what the guy says about the top 10 reasons why the M3 is the perfect car. "hit the M mode and smoke some punk in an amg whatever". what does your website say? im sure you own several amg sites.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #100
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
e46 isnt an e9x. and the e46 still smokes that c300 amg
Anyone here can tell me what a C300 AMG is?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #101
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
hey Mike go to oncars.com and see what the guy says about the top 10 reasons why the M3 is the perfect car. "hit the M mode and smoke some punk in an amg whatever". what does your website say? im sure you own several amg sites.
Cars.com, Motortrend.com, Carandriver.com, Top Gear etc doesn't pay my car payment so their opinion and thoughts should be observed as purely entertainment. Please don't confuse/distort my motive for posting and contributing to this forum. My objective isn't to bash any E9X M3. Check my post history. However I do feel it's important to confront people as yourself who make, radical/false posts relating to others cars and try to pass them off as factual. Again a reality check.

Furthermore your above post is more evidence of your age and maturity level and simply supports my statement that you don't own an M3. You are clearly posing.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #102
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ultra sarcasm aside, I agree with you 100%! Believe me, no one has to sell me on the fact that M3 drivers aren't all skilled and/or professional race car drivers. In fact, seeing as the cars image attracts toolbags and douchbags alike, I'm willing to put money on the possibility that a vast majority of BMW owners aren't passionate "drivers" at all. The same wouldn't be true for a car like the GT3 RS.

Truth is, my post came off a little harsh. For that, I apologize. But seriously, a 4 door, 2 ton sedan with an automatic transmission is NOT a sports car. It's a muscle car. I drove it.. I loved it! But don't act like it's the best thing since sliced bread. We're comparing apples to oranges here.
Appreciate you clearing your post up.

Trust me I don't think the C63 is anywhere near the best thing since slice bread. In fact it is just simply a sedan. It is my daily driver. Again I came from an E46 M3 along with two X5 4.6is. This is my first MB after three BMW's all high-end ones. I wouldn't consider it a "sports-car" by raw definition either. Neither would I the M3 sedan (also a heavy car) either or any 4 door sedan. However you can make the case it is a superior daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #103
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Trust me I don't think the C63 is anywhere near the best thing since slice bread. In fact it is just simply a sedan. It is my daily driver. Again I came from an E46 M3 along with two X5 4.6is. This is my first MB after three BMW's all high-end ones. I wouldn't consider it a "sports-car" by raw definition either. Neither would I the M3 sedan (also a heavy car) either or any 4 door sedan. However you can make the case it is a superior daily driver.
No problem. After I read my first post I realized how heated it seemed. It's not easy conveying "feeling" through typed words. Really makes you appreciate the Shakespeare's and Voltaire's of the world.

Anyway.. I am used to defending the M3 to my AMG friends.. so that might be where some of that attitude came from. No worries though.

The thing about these cars is that I love them for what they are. People always try to make them out to be so much more.. or less. They are simply ultra high performance luxury cars. They are the daily driver for the true enthusiast. Nothing more.. nothing less. If I wanted something really raw I'd go for a Scuderia, GT3 RS, Exige, or maybe even an Ariel Atom. But for a truly great all around car.. I'll take my M3. You take your AMG. And we all smile a little more than the people beside us in traffic. Because we get it. Thats all that really matters at the end of the day.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #104
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Haha...more evidence you clearly have zero idea what you're talking about.

The only place the you're winning in an M3 is on the track. If you're running into any stock C63 in any stock M3 on the street...you're staring at tail lights...regardless of what button you choose to push.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #105
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
No problem. After I read my first post I realized how heated it seemed. It's not easy conveying "feeling" through typed words. Really makes you appreciate the Shakespeare's and Voltaire's of the world.

Anyway.. I am used to defending the M3 to my AMG friends.. so that might be where some of that attitude came from. No worries though.

The thing about these cars is that I love them for what they are. People always try to make them out to be so much more.. or less. They are simply ultra high performance luxury cars. They are the daily driver for the true enthusiast. Nothing more.. nothing less. If I wanted something really raw I'd go for a Scuderia, GT3 RS, Exige, or maybe even an Ariel Atom. But for a truly great all around car.. I'll take my M3. You take your AMG. And we all smile a little more than the people beside us in traffic. Because we get it. Thats all that really matters at the end of the day.
Great post.

No need to defend anything. People choose what's best for their own personal situation. They're both great cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #106
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgothar View Post
That being said all the C63 guys jumping on these threads claiming to have smoked all these M3s in corners is pretty funny as the M3 is to handling as the C63 is to torque so if you know what your doing and i know what im doing the results of a dragrace or a sharp track corner between 2 stock cars are pretty predictable.

Well I've only "smoked" (not my word) 2 M3's on on/off ramps. Oh and one Cayman S The Cayman S story is a riot. I was minding my own business and he pulls out from behind me to race me to the onramp. Thinking he would show me how to go thru a corner. I was 2 inches off his bumper the entire way, then accelerated out of it and see ya. Big fat Benz ain't so bad now, is it MR. Cayman S!

OK that was juvenile but....

My point was the guy putting down the C63's handling has likely never driven one, and lacks the skills to exploit the M3's handling superiority. Yes the M3's handling superiority! But life isn't a magazine test, so the best driver "wins."

BTW I like your avatar Golgothar

And Stunnerable, C63 makes a great cruiser-bruiser, but I agree, it hardly qualifies as a "sports car."

http://www.m3post.com/forums/album.php?albumid=57

I think the M3 rocks. It's some of the guys driving/posting who are sometimes lacking
      03-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #107
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep

Quote:

m3 coup is 22 pounds lighter than sedan. c63 3924lbs wow what a heavy vehicle 200lbs heavier than m3 sedan. wow
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #108
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Haha...more evidence you clearly have zero idea what you're talking about.

The only place the you're winning in an M3 is on the track. If you're running into any stock C63 in any stock M3 on the street...you're staring at tail lights...regardless of what button you choose to push.
face it the c63 is not in the M3 league. nice dream on your part but its not. you can keep coming on the M3 forum trying to state your case for what reason is unknown. maybe its to try an justify why you bought the c63? who knows but you alone. its not and never will be in the M3 class. never. maybe you should go to the e90 forum and try to compare with the 335. you would lose there too.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 06:50 AM   #109
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
face it the c63 is not in the M3 league. nice dream on your part but its not. you can keep coming on the M3 forum trying to state your case for what reason is unknown. maybe its to try an justify why you bought the c63? who knows but you alone. its not and never will be in the M3 class. never. maybe you should go to the e90 forum and try to compare with the 335. you would lose there too.
What are you smoking?

The C63 is definitely in the M3 league. Stock for stock the M3 will be crushed in a straight line, that is a fact. Also the C63 has much more daily usable torque down low. Strictly for a DD, the trans and engine on the C takes it IMO. Also, that massive torque does stimulate differently than high HP at 8400 rpm. Wish I could have both.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #110
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
What are you smoking?

The C63 is definitely in the M3 league. Stock for stock the M3 will be crushed in a straight line, that is a fact. Also the C63 has much more daily usable torque down low. Strictly for a DD, the trans and engine on the C takes it IMO. Also, that massive torque does stimulate differently than high HP at 8400 rpm. Wish I could have both.
Exactly.. two totally different cars. This goes back to what I was saying about how people try to make certain cars out to be more or less depending on their emotional attachment to a car/brand. They are both great, fun cars. On a windey track.. yes, the M3 will win if the drivers are equal. But thats not a real world compariston. You buy the car that you enjoy more. Plain and simple.

Last edited by Stunnerable; 03-23-2010 at 07:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread