BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

06-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #23
SoTempted
Captain
Rep
Drives: Incompetently

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTR3M3 View Post
Yea, just hand him a $20 or leave him a 20 in the armrest of the loaner you are returning and tell him "theres something in the armrest for you". I assure you'll get a call saying thank you after you leave.

If I need service and give my guy a call, he will make every effort to get me a loaner the same day. They have a fleet of 328s and one 335. He knows I like the 335 so he will always try to get me that over a 328.

I give him a 20 every time I go in for service. It's no big deal but its a day or two of lunch. They remember these things.

Keep in mind, a lot of BMW owners are not like forum members or M drivers. They have a different outlook and usually give service reps shit when a light goes off on the dash. BMWs are high end cars and people have some retarded expectations becuase of that as if nothings ever going to happen to it and if it does then "WTF, fix it!"

So these good gestures do go a long way with service reps.
I agree, showing appreciation for them properly taking care of what I'm sure they know is "my baby" is aaaalll good with me. I was just wondering what would be the classiest way to do it. Instead of it coming off as insulting or "hey hey man gimme da hookup!" kinda deal.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #24
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
thats not too bad (bmw covering the par)
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #25
JuniorM3
Captain
Ethiopia
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 CP GT3

Exclamation

Yeah...my car is fixed the rattle is gone!!

BMW got me the new RR damper for free. (warranty)
.....but I had to pay the labour.
For labour they needed was an estimated 1.1houres or 7 time units.

I told the guy that if the BMW mechanic can do that in 1 hour than I'll buy him from BMW (at any price) and put him to work on my racecar.

IMPOSSIBLE!! To do it that fast....right?

When I brought the car in to get it fixed they wouldn't give me a replacement car (for the day, or for that one hour), because they were repairing the car in the direct service area instead of the workshop.

If it was planned in the workshop then it was no problem to get me a car, but for direct service they do not give out replacement cars.
(First the BMW Direct Service guy said without looking in the system they were out of replacement cars...to bad for him I just brought back a replacement car to the dealer two hours before that. It was still in the same spot I parked it in front of the dealer....he LIED!!! I gave him shit about it! LOL)

''We'll fix your car sir, but if somebody comes in for a light bulb change they go first because your damper is a big special job''

Obviously I did not agree and I reminded the service guy BMW specified 1.1 hour for the job....

I was told to wait at the dealer for my car to be fixed and to get a cup of coffee inside.

I left the dealer pissed, after calling a friend that picked me up.

Good thing I didn't wait, after.............5.5 hours (five and a half hours!)
I got a call.
''You car if ready sir.''

Couldn't wait for the disagreement discussion about the 5.5 hours labour cost, or the 1.1 hours labour cost BMW estimated for the job.

Name:  BMW-Damper.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  94.2 KB

But they forgot to charge me!!

I left the dealer happily, after signing the form.

The End
      07-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #26
RussRamz
M Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe Mineral White

Nice! Now go out and give us some more videos! When are you going to hit the ring? I would love to see you bust the sport auto record on a private track day, not just a BTG time, but a full lap.

David Brent
Appreciate 0