BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

07-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #67
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbs_lm View Post
I got a feeling that OP will get a third set of wheels "free of charge" soon.
I wouldn't want them. What's a free set of wheels without peace of mind?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #68
IrishCoffee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

I just checked out their site. What's with that weird video on the splash page? Seems a little pretentious... putting a video with the guys calling themselves a game changer.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #69
Edmbimmer88
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3

Wow....

I can't explain how mad I would be to find that out. These guys are playing with peoples lives through shoddy product.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #70
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
Why do people keep buying their wheels? It's about time this company went out of business permanently.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #71
kchu221
JDM whore
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2009 997.1 Turbo

im surprised how noone from ADV1 posted in this thread yet... seemed like tony from adv1 frequents this forum...
      07-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #72
kchu221
JDM whore
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2009 997.1 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbs_lm View Post
I got a feeling that OP will get a third set of wheels "free of charge" soon.
if i was going through this, ill demand BBS FI!
      07-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #73
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
Why do people keep buying their wheels? It's about time this company went out of business permanently.
This! Word of mouth goes a long way these days... People buying are not aware.
      07-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #74
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Does Active Autowerke still sell them?

When I saw Active started selling the ADV.1 wheels, I kinda fell that they lost their genuine spirit from E36/46 M3 era and I lost respect.

I will buy a cheap set of VMR over ADV.1 etc. of expensive junks from FL any day.

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #75
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
Because 99% of people that drive cars aren't on forums nor are they reading threads like this one.

Unfortunately for a BS company like this to actually go belly up, their retarded ways need to be mainstream news.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #76
huyner328
Former N54 Fanatic
Rep
Drives: Slow

Garage List
BBB is a joke.
      07-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #77
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

B42, as you've decided, it's not a good idea for you to use those wheels. The right side doesn't look too bad, but the left side is really questionable.

If you are unsuccessful returning the wheels and getting your money back, I would recommend that you measure the roundness and lateral run out of each replacement (for the ones you have now) wheel at both the inside and outside lip before mounting tires. With the 21" wheel size and what must be a very small sidewall tire, you've got a lot of factors working against a vibration free assembly (multi-piece wheel tolerances, large heavy wheel, almost no give in the tire sidewall, low tire weight compared to the wheel). As others have said, you would likely have better results with a high quality monoblock wheel such as a Neez or any wheel manufactured by Taneisya or Rays/Volk or any quality Japanese manufacturer for that matter.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by calintexas; 07-13-2012 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #78
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyner328 View Post
BBB is a joke.
+1...close to worthless
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #79
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordingi2ime View Post
More I hear about his company, more disgusted I am. Can someone who's more familiar with this company tell us more about what happened in the past? Sounds like these guys are repeat offenders. If these guys are what they seem like, they shouldn't be in business let alone be supported by the forum.

Here you go. Of course I would read the article with a grain of salt

http://www.secretentourage.com/entre...ality-of-adv1/

Once a scammer, always a scammer.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #80
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Here you go. Of course I would read the article with a grain of salt

http://www.secretentourage.com/entre...ality-of-adv1/

Once a scammer, always a scammer.
Read it. Only talks about the 360 Forged ordeal. One would wonder why a guy who had a failed wheel company would turn around just to open yet another wheel company.

Of course no mention of any wheel certifications or the failure of the wheels that have been sold.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #81
Tony135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ‘22 Model 3

Alright guys, I have Jordan's official reply to this situation. Just to go over this quickly, we have never refused to give the customer his refund. We've cooperated with his every request and of course we have already sent him the refund which he requested publicly.

There are some strong accusations in this thread that we're not going to address because they have nothing to do with the OP's original post. It's obvious that some people aren't a fan of ADV.1 and that's okay, everyone has their own opinion.

And one thing I read that I felt needed to be cleared up was the how some of you think are wheels are made in China. Every single part is made in the USA and any one is welcome to come by our facility in LA and visit and see for themselves.

Now here's Jordan's post:
------------------------------

Guys, without getting into detail on this situation as I strongly feel that it's unprofessional of me to do so in this case, I'll explain the following.

I honestly don't know why this customer has all of a sudden decided to share this information as we've provided him with nothing but impeccable service since 2010. These wheels have been on his car for nearly, if not over a year now. Photos have been circulating the internet for months and he has given us nothing but positive feedback on them until now. This information is well documented in emails, even recently upon his latest report of this issue where we / I have been nothing but open to his every request.

In addition, regardless of the issue, and without even questioning his request for a refund which was sent on Thursday 7/12/12, at 12:14am est of which I authorized the return and full refund of the entire amount paid in 2010 in my response to him that morning as soon as I saw it. Anyone who's ever had an issue with our wheels can tell you that I personally insist on handling the issue and I go above and beyond to remedy the problem however necessary. In this case I myself and almost my entire production team has done exactly that for over 2 years now with this customer in an effort to do one thing, satisfy our client.

In regards to the safety concern which he is referring to, there's no need for me to convince anyone of the quality of our wheels. I'm 100% confident in these wheels and all of our wheels. Often times we see all sorts of comments on the internet from people who seem to know a lot about the wheel industry and all of it's technical terminology, especially coming from non wheel industry forum members. It's obvious as to why there's so much of this and it's fine, I understand that it's part of the business. I've stated many times publicly, we have nothing to hide, we can provide any requested documentation to anyone who would like to see it, we can provide references from every aspect of the industry including testing without hesitation.

I'm confident enough in our quality and capabilities to say openly that should anyone feel the need to verify this, they're more than welcome to request independent test data on our wheels, materials, engineering qualifications, or literally ANY form of validation they would like. I'll gladly provide all the data and verification needed of which can be verified openly or privately. I couldn't be more open when it comes to this matter and I honestly am happy to provide this information. Simply call me directly at 305.238.0058 x101 or email me at jordan@adv1wheels.com.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #82
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony135 View Post
I'm confident enough in our quality and capabilities to say openly that should anyone feel the need to verify this, they're more than welcome to request independent test data on our wheels, materials, engineering qualifications, or literally ANY form of validation they would like. I'll gladly provide all the data and verification needed of which can be verified openly or privately. I couldn't be more open when it comes to this matter and I honestly am happy to provide this information. Simply call me directly at 305.238.0058 x101 or email me at jordan@adv1wheels.com.
Post the data and not the BS.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #83
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
I honestly don't know why this customer has all of a sudden decided to share this information as we've provided him with nothing but impeccable service since 2010. These wheels have been on his car for nearly, if not over a year now. Photos have been circulating the internet for months and he has given us nothing but positive feedback on them until now. This information is well documented in emails, even recently upon his latest report of this issue where we / I have been nothing but open to his every request.
I'll give you a hint: HE'S FED UP WITH YOUR BS! You didn't fix the issue, you sent him (unquestionably) unsafe wheels, and he's fed up with it.

Quote:
In regards to the safety concern which he is referring to, there's no need for me to convince anyone of the quality of our wheels. I'm 100% confident in these wheels and all of our wheels. Often times we see all sorts of comments on the internet from people who seem to know a lot about the wheel industry and all of it's technical terminology, especially coming from non wheel industry forum members. It's obvious as to why there's so much of this and it's fine, I understand that it's part of the business. I've stated many times publicly, we have nothing to hide, we can provide any requested documentation to anyone who would like to see it, we can provide references from every aspect of the industry including testing without hesitation.
Why should we just believe you that they are safe? What are your qualifications? Are you an engineer? Are you ever going to answer our questions about the engineer (or lack there of) on staff? It's clear based on your BS answer as to why the extra holes are there that you are a dishonest guy so I for one am not going to just take your word for it and endanger my family on your wheels.

Quote:
More BS. This forum has requested, dozens of times, your certifications and they were never posted. What do we need to do? Drive to your shop and grovel before you to get them?
      07-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #84
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Alright guys, I have Jordan's official reply to this situation. Just to go over this quickly, we have never refused to give the customer his refund. We've cooperated with his every request and of course we have already sent him the refund which he requested publicly.

There are some strong accusations in this thread that we're not going to address because they have nothing to do with the OP's original post. It's obvious that some people aren't a fan of ADV.1 and that's okay, everyone has their own opinion.

And one thing I read that I felt needed to be cleared up was the how some of you think are wheels are made in China. Every single part is made in the USA and any one is welcome to come by our facility in LA and visit and see for themselves.

Now here's Jordan's post:
------------------------------

Guys, without getting into detail on this situation as I strongly feel that it's unprofessional of me to do so in this case, I'll explain the following.

In addition, regardless of the issue, and without even questioning his request for a refund which was sent on Thursday 7/12/12, at 12:14am est of which I authorized the return and full refund of the entire amount paid in 2010 in my response to him that morning as soon as I saw it. Anyone who's ever had an issue with our wheels can tell you that I personally insist on handling the issue and I go above and beyond to remedy the problem however necessary. In this case I myself and almost my entire production team has done exactly that for over 2 years now with this customer in an effort to do one thing, satisfy our client.

Care to explain the OPs pictures and the machining of holes in that position..it really doesnt take an engineer to see the positioning of those threaded holes is a severe design or machining flaw
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #85
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
Our wheels are TUV certified.

Don't mind the people in the above picture... it was a PR shot.

And thank you wheeladdicts for bringing up a massive point on the backpad weight of the wheel in question!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #86
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

While it is nice that the amount was refunded, the fact that unsafe wheels with redrilled center disks were sold in the first place is the main issue... and the repeated issues with order errors.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #87
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

lmfao
joke of the industry
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #88
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

They say those holes are for weight reduction....... CCW does this, it looks nothing like that

And its sad he avoided the main concerns of everyone on here in the response....
Appreciate 0