BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

05-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #67
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
Never go full retard
Reported to the mods. They will deal with you.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #68
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post
Ive already gone over the GTR debate.
Its basically the badgewhores whining. Lets just keep it honest here. You can complain about the looks, definitely. And that i can understand. Its best look IMO is from the back tailight view.
But when you here its a "nissan"...lol gtfo.
Plus its, as its current state, a 100k car. Not some modified 4banger. So yea, badgewhore central.

But for that amount $$ Id get a lambo or a used lambo. U might even be able to swing a UGR lambo. Used lambos are DEFINITELY in that price range.

It's amazing how many insecure people out there who base their self-worth on the tiny plastic badge on the hood of the car they drive. I swear if Kia made a car as fast as a 458 Italia for the price of a Honda Civic, some people would still put it down because of the badge.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #69
jeff2015
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GTR Gun Metal Gray Pr Edi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin Buu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3coupee92 View Post
If I owned the 2014 911 Turbo S, I could care less about a 2014 Nissan GTR. It's a Porshe 911 Turbo!
What's your point? You make it sound like a 911T is some kind of exclusive exotic hypercar like a LaFerrari or One-77. But it isn't. It's just a tricked out high performance VW Beetle. So from Datsun to Volkswagen isn't exactly that big of an upgrade.

I just don't understand those who diss on a GTR because it's "just a Nissan" and get a 911T instead. When did Porsches become a status symbol? Did I miss something?

But hey, maybe some people just like to pay more money so they can go slower.

My point is just that... "I would not care about a Nissan GT-R"... What's so hard to comprehend about my statement.

And yes, I would say that from my and other people's perspective, a $190k car; is a status symbol. How many people can really afford that?

Not bashing a GT-R, I'd like to have one, it has presence... But some people are beyond a Nissan. It's not as classy as many cars in the $100k space. I wouldn't even care about a GT-R if I had any 911. It's not in the same segment. C'mon "Datsun to a VW..." That's just asinine.

If all you can afford is a GT-R... Well, good for you n Congrats!

"I'll pay to go slower (if u think so) because I maybe have the ability to do so." That's the point.
      05-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #70
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3coupee92 View Post
My point is just that... "I would not care about a Nissan GT-R"... What's so hard to comprehend about my statement.

And yes, I would say that from my and other people's perspective, a $190k car; is a status symbol. How many people can really afford that?

Not bashing a GT-R, I'd like to have one, it has presence... But some people are beyond a Nissan. It's not as classy as many cars in the $100k space. I wouldn't even care about a GT-R if I had any 911. It's not in the same segment. C'mon "Datsun to a VW..." That's just asinine.

If all you can afford is a GT-R... Well, good for you n Congrats!

"I'll pay to go slower (if u think so) because I maybe have the ability to do so." That's the point.
Well, that's your perspective. Just to correct you on one point though, not everyone who buys a GT-R gets it because they can't afford a 911 Turbo. Go to NAGTROC, and you'll see plenty of millionaires and billionaires who own it.

I personally would never buy any new Porsche, whether or not I can afford it. A used GT3 where it has depreciated to a reasonable price? Maybe. but not a new 911, of any flavor. They're not bad cars, but I don't see what is so special about them to convince me to pay 50% to 100% more for them than the price of their direct competitors. Heck, a new 991 Turbo S is comparable in price to slightly used gallardos or F430, without having anywhere near the road presence or prestige of the Italian exotics.

For me, if the 911 Turbo was $10 k, or 20, or even $30k more expensive than a GTR, I would give it some thought. But the price difference is more than that. And to me, a less awkward exterior, a nicer looking dashboard, and a bit more communicative steering, are not enough to convince me to spend a whole $90k more for it than the "just Nissan" rival, whether or not I can afford it.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #71
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
I love to own one; one day when i win the lotto
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #72
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin Buu View Post
Well, that's your perspective. Just to correct you on one point though, not everyone who buys a GT-R gets it because they can't afford a 911 Turbo. Go to NAGTROC, and you'll see plenty of millionaires and billionaires who own it.

I personally would never buy any new Porsche, whether or not I can afford it. A used GT3 where it has depreciated to a reasonable price? Maybe. but not a new 911, of any flavor. They're not bad cars, but I don't see what is so special about them to convince me to pay 50% to 100% more for them than the price of their direct competitors. Heck, a new 991 Turbo S is comparable in price to slightly used gallardos or F430, without having anywhere near the road presence or prestige of the Italian exotics.

For me, if the 911 Turbo was $10 k, or 20, or even $30k more expensive than a GTR, I would give it some thought. But the price difference is more than that. And to me, a less awkward exterior, a nicer looking dashboard, and a bit more communicative steering, are not enough to convince me to spend a whole $90k more for it than the "just Nissan" rival, whether or not I can afford it.
I disagree, there is def a special element to a 911, especially a GTx car. They may not be AS flashy as a Ferrari or Lambo, but IMO a GT3 is a much more enjoyable car to drive than any of them whether it garners the same eye catching attention they do.
Porsche can do an exotic as good or better than the rest too...ala Carrera GT which not only looked better than the Enzo but also sounded better too. Still to this day have never heard a better sounding car than that. And performance on that car to this day is still astounding.
Go read MT's best driver's car of 2012. Was it the Aventador or McLaren that was unanimously chosen by former race car drivers and journalists as the best driver's car? No...it was a 991S...not even a GTx model, but a 'regular' 911. And we all know there is certainly something special about a McLaren and Aventador too...they just dont have that special appeal like only a 911 does.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #73
fusionchicken
Captain
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, Z4M Roadster

Ive always loved the porsche turbos minus their exhaust note...it just sounds like ass IMHO. The GTR actually sounds better in my book. I haven't heard any exhaust clips of the 991TT yet but I hope it will sound more similar to the n/a variants, despite the muting effect of the snails.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #74
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

GT-R is certainly a value exotic, and nothing can touch it for what it delivers in performance. Drop in another $90k in mods (total $190k tab for the GT-R), and you can have an AMS Alpha 12 GT-R that will destroy pretty much any other hypercar out there, including the Bugatti Veyron up to the quarter mile. It's just too bad they didn't think through the interior a little better in the GT-R, it's a little cheap feeling and looking for a $90k car.

The reality is though, buying these "ideal sports cars" is beyond performance only - or else everyone would go with a GT-R or Z06 etc. I guess. There's so much more to the experience than pure power. Porsche, Ferrari, Zonda, etc. all have their very own X-Factor that make those cars the "ideal sports car" and worth the money to those buyers. That cannot be debated.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #75
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdot_ducati View Post

WOW. My next car for sure. Not going to put any money in my M.
Who knew your simple post of this 911 video would turn into this GT-R vs. 911 T forum war? haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #76
e92m3_f15x5
mmmmmm
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5
Quote:

WOW. My next car for sure. Not going to put any money in my M.
Who knew your simple post of this 911 video would turn into this GT-R vs. 911 T forum war? haha.
Haha yea. I love both the 911TT and the GTR, but ill probably go look for a 997TT with 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #77
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:

Excuse you.

What is this 90k you speak of?

The R35 track edition starts at 115k. The Turbo is 148k. The Turbo S is 181k.

Less awkward exterior? Hell yes, The 911 Turbo/GT3 looks elegant with its flowing design. The GTR looks chunky and overweight. It's a manner of opinion. The Turbo is a status symbol, because of its stunning form.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #78
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
Excuse you.

What is this 90k you speak of?

The R35 track edition starts at 115k. The Turbo is 148k. The Turbo S is 181k.

Less awkward exterior? Hell yes, The 911 Turbo/GT3 looks elegant with its flowing design. The GTR looks chunky and overweight. It's a manner of opinion. The Turbo is a status symbol, because of its stunning form.
GTR MSRP is 106k. 991 Turbo is 169k, and the 991 Turbo S is a whopping 206k! Ugly and overpriced? Hell yes!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #79
jeff2015
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GTR Gun Metal Gray Pr Edi

Hell yes![/QUOTE]
It is no doubt expensive, but ugly...? Do you even own a GT-R or just have an illusion of owning one someday?
      05-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #80
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 - AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
GT-R is certainly a value exotic, and nothing can touch it for what it delivers in performance. .
I would not consider a Nissan of any kind an Exotic. Great performance, ugly as sin. Don't think you can even come close to compare these 2 cars in my book.

Last edited by M3forMe; 05-11-2013 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #81
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
I would not consider a Nissan of any kind an Exotic. Great performance, ugly as sin. Don't think you can even come close to compare these 2 cars into book.
agreed, GT-R is not an exotic. It's just an "exotic eater" actually Looks sure aren't for everyone or even most, but got to respect the power it can put down vs. the investment you put in.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #82
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haha yea. I love both the 911TT and the GTR, but ill probably go look for a 997TT with 6MT
How about a 997.2 GT3RS? Lighter and better on the track. I love that car. Then again, not as comfy as the 997TT though.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #83
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 - AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
agreed, GT-R is not an exotic. It's just an "exotic eater" actually Looks sure aren't for everyone or even most, but got to respect the power it can put down vs. the investment you put in.
Agree 100%
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #84
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche & BMW

Quote:
GTR MSRP is 106k. 991 Turbo is 169k, and the 991 Turbo S is a whopping 206k! Ugly and overpriced? Hell yes!
you are out to lunch man.
      05-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #85
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAB View Post
you are out to lunch man.
what the hell are you talking about? I just lifted these figures straight from the nissan and porsche canada websites. Are you disputing my numbers?????????
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #86
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche & BMW

Quote:
what the hell are you talking about? I just lifted these figures straight from the nissan and porsche canada websites. Are you disputing my numbers?????????
You have a beef with Porsche for some reason. Not sure why that is and, frankly I don't care but your posts are annoying.

And you are also a baby. You ran and reported me to the mods like a little girl because you didn't like on of the posts I directed to you?! Grow up newbie.
      05-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #87
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAB View Post
You have a beef with Porsche for some reason. Not sure why that is and, frankly I don't care but your posts are annoying.

And you are also a baby. You ran and reported me to the mods like a little girl because you didn't like on of the posts I directed to you?! Grow up newbie.
if i was a baby i would be doing what you're doing and trying to instigate an internet fight. I did the mature thing and let the mods deal with ur insults. Internet fighting is for pussies. I'm sorry you dont feel the same way.

And yes i dont like porsche that much. Or lada. Or kia. Or mercedes. Or toyota. So what?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #88
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Speed: 991 TT > GTR
Looks: 991 TT > GTR
Interior: 991 TT > GTR
Customer Service: 991 TT > GTR
Driving experience: Porsche

So to sum it up people WILL GLADLY pay more for the Porsche over the GTR because they will FEEL like they are driving a $180k car. Service will be done in a porsche dealership and you won't be treated like an Altima buyer, the 991 TT WILL be faster than a GTR, interior is better in the Porsche as are looks (though the GTR does look more aggressive the Porsche is more refined and exotic).
Appreciate 0