BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

02-21-2010, 02:14 AM   #45
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
First of all, I love how any dissenting opinion is instantly rebuffed by the word "hater." Great argument. Second of all, no credit is due to any jack-ass that watched "The Fast and the Furious" too many times and engages in reckless street racing. There are too many other people around and the people that are gonna get hurt are somebody's wife or kid - take it to a track if you want to race. And finally, yes, it's still a Civic. People laugh at him when he drives by and they don't give a shit how fast his car is (believe it or not, that actually doesn't matter to most people). Fucking ricers...
(Your the kind of guy that prevented me to buy a bimmer up to 2008 when I had no choice sorry I just can't stand elitist or badge whores)

Who cares what people think...why would people laugh?...Some people are laughing at bmw owners paying more than 1000$/month. Some people are laughing at brand whores driving 323I. You don't like civic get over it.....I don't like 1996 318Ti...you don't see me making a big case and laughing at your car.....If you like it fine I don't have a problem with that..some people hate my 1er..life goes on...I don't give a flying F as long as I like the car that I'm driving I'm fine. I wanted an RWD car with 300+hp with good brakes, a good resale value the 135I fit my needs so I bought it...If the Hyundai Genesis 2.0T would have been out in 2008 I would have probably bought one of those and slap a big turbo on it.....(it has decent brembo's, comes WITH AN LSD,easy to mod).

As I track my car I don't give a flying F what people think about it. Any idiot or douchebag working at Mcdonalds can walk in a showroom take a loan or lease a brand new bimmer...go pick up 18 year old girls and try to impress them. You have to be more of a gearhead to built/own a built civic/stang/evo or any other highly modded car.

Trust me I've been working in the car business for a few years plus I co-owned a shop for 5 years.

The best time of my life was when I was 17-18 no money sinking all my money in my civic. My next pay check was spent before I even got it. I used to go to the shop after work and hang around/work on my car/customers/friends car up to 2am...used to order pizza/drink beer do some experiments...we had a blast....I really miss those days. I can still remember the day we swapped my friends car at 12am and made a motor mount out of an hockey puck since he had to go to work with the car a few hours later.

I had to vent because I can't imagine that there are some morons laughing at lesser cars and think that they're the shiznit...You know what we're pretty fortunate to have Bimmers hell even a car...Some people starving as we speak.

You can flame me like a BBQ chicken I don't care I had to get this off my chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 02-21-2010 at 02:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 04:30 AM   #46
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Wow, what a rant. Feel better?
To be clear, I'm not laughing at everyone who drives a Civic, just people who drive ricer Civics. This says it all: "The best time of my life was when I was 17-18 no money sinking all my money in my civic." How can I take seriously anything else you say?
Oh, and you conveniently sidestepped any mention of the public safety hazard caused by this idiot and others like him, which was the main point of my ire in the first place.

Last edited by Bimmer-Bob; 02-21-2010 at 04:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 04:33 AM   #47
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
To be clear, I'm not laughing at everyone who drives a Civic, just people who drive ricer Civics. This says it all: "The best time of my life was when I was 17-18 no money sinking all my money in my civic." How can I take seriously anything else you say?
???Because I wasn't a spoiled brat...I can appreciate what I have because I made it by myself......at least I don't talk out of my@SS....I've seen and experience a lot of things in life...Nice try buddy.

It wasnt a riced out civic in the video far from it....

I will not go further you're not worth it. I'm done with you thanks been nice to meet you.

Take it easy you just registered here a few days ago....A lot of people here are car lovers and comes from different scenes(euro,jap,american) This is not a Bmw against (everything else is crap) forum.

Quote:
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 02-21-2010 at 04:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 04:55 AM   #48
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Oh, and you conveniently sidestepped any mention of the public safety hazard caused by this idiot and others like him, which was the main point of my ire in the first place.
Youtube is full of high end cars racing...hell in that video an m3 is racing....The cops are out there doing their job even if I bitch here about people level of stupidity what will it change?...Go see on youtube you can see enzo, z06,etc racing in traffic doing stupid manoeuvers. Not only civics are racing.

Quote:

Last edited by mtla4; 02-21-2010 at 05:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 05:10 AM   #49
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Youtube is full of high end cars racing...hell in that video an m3 is racing....The cops are out there doing their job even if I bitch here about people level of stupidity what will it change?...Go see on youtube you can see enzo, z06,etc racing in traffic doing stupid manoeuvers. Not only civics are racing.
You are exactly correct - they're all idiots, no matter what they drive. I really think you're taking this Civic thing too personally.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 05:17 AM   #50
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You are exactly correct - they're all idiots, no matter what they drive. I really think you're taking this Civic thing too personally.
Well I didnt want to offend you but....Honestly I dont give a crap if the car is fast I can appreciate it..being honest I miss the feeling of a Vtec kicking in...however like I said they have no traction passed 200 hp. Which makes them kind of pointless at one point. Im a big time audi fan and I hate when audi fanboys say that the RS4 is better than an M3 because it has Quattro(which is not an advantage)...every car has it's purpose.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #51
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
then trade in your 135 for a civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
We dont know maybe this civic has 300hp-350hp
A stock SIR II comes with a 160hp B16A2....Just saying...I just cant stand the kind of people who says it's still a civic....an M3 is still a 3 series an entry level bmw...so is my 135...it's all relative and a choice...some people like to sink 30K in an EVO ,100K on a muscle car...20K engine mods in a supra-stang....Not that I have something against bmw but some people need to get over it....
Some people see civic's like shitboxes...Hell I'd rather drive a Civic Si than a 328I..my 0.02 cents
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #52
vioaltec
Sasha Fierce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 3 series coupe

maybe for the sake of the video, they told the M3 to not push it?
      02-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #53
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

The Civic is fast, very fast. You can make any car fast with enough money. Not sure what all the fuss is about. Nothing to get all upset about here. Modded inexpesive cars beat modded expensive cars all of the time.
      02-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #54
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
The Civic is fast, very fast. You can make any car fast with enough money. Not sure what all the fuss is about. Nothing to get all upset about here. Modded inexpesive cars beat modded expensive cars all of the time.
Exactly! Why is everyone so shocked that a car half the weight of the M3 with a ton more torque won? Because it costs 10x less? How much did the turbo kit cost for the civic? $3k?

It is definitely not worth spending $20k on a supercharger kit for a $65k car for the power it'll produce, but if you have the money and thats what you love, then why not?

By the way, if you put a prestine Toyota Supra MKIV and a E9x M3 side by side and was told to pick one, i'd be taking the targa top off 10 seconds later. That V8 is nothing special.
      02-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #55
Schumacher
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
I think you dont really understand what "ricer" means. If you call driving old and cheap cars ricing, you are one. Plus, i would much rather have a Civic Si than a 3 Series compact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
then trade in your 135 for a civic
Yeah, this seems to be very common here. Is it intolerable for you to hear people appreciating other cars? Every time someone praises a deserving car, people with 325's, 323's and 316's invite him to get lost.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #56
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
Alright all you ladies /end thread
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #57
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Damn that is one fast civic. Nice that it's not all riced out too....

A fast car is a fast car. I'd still rather have the M3 as my main car, but a second car would be one that would be a non-daily, visually reserved, cheap, stupid-fast car, like that Civic. Actually, I probably wouldn't pick a Civic for my "toy", but it certainly has many aspects that make it much more appealing than some of the other toy cars I've had.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #58
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
Kinda feel the same way. I mean that isn't a ricer by my standards - that's a well done fast ass car. No body kit bullshit or huge wheels...

I thought it was pretty cool... I mean not as cool as stick on aero lips but... jk - shit your sig shows you have an aero lip - it wasn't a shot at you but oh well... flame suit on.

Nick
I actually love my aero lip. yeah an mtech might be more popular on these boards, but im happy with mine. Im mainly a performance mod guy but esthetics and styling matters a lot to me.
Appreciate 0