BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-06-2015, 12:10 AM   #45
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
You and your Germany obsession. Du musst Deutsch lernen since you go so often!

I vote for Italy since it's a good country for your bro as a newbie to EU. Rent a car in Zurich and play it by ear. There is lots to see but it depends what you guys like. Personally I think all the main cities (like Rome, Florence, Milan, Venice, etc) are great but I can move on in a day or two. Others can spend a week in each place. Try to make it to Pompeii though!
Haha yah! I've been learning German through audiobook on and off. Started French too but stopped after a few days (been busy).

For me I would do Venice and Rome. Florence I can skip and I keep hearing that there is nothing in Milan. I'm watching Rick Steves Europe right now to get some ideas. I do like the thoughts of just driving and stopping at places that catch our eyes.
Don't try to learn French and German at the same time. I have learned both but now mix up the vocab.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 12:12 AM   #46
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Don't try to learn French and German at the same time. I have learned both but now mix up the vocab.

I'm good at starting things but never finishing them...you should help me plan itinerary for the week. If i was all up to me I would iust rent a car and drive the entire week through the Alps. Lol

Or if anyone here can hook it up with a Ferrari factory tour I would be in for that!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 12:18 AM   #47
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'm good at starting things but never finishing them...you should help me plan itinerary for the week. If i was all up to me I would iust rent a car and drive the entire week through the Alps. Lol

Or if anyone here can hook it up with a Ferrari factory tour I would be in for that!
Oh god, what am I, your personal travel agent???
Lemme open my laptop and map it out. I haven't been to Italy in awhile.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 12:20 AM   #48
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh god, what am I, your personal travel agent???
Lemme open my laptop and map it out. I haven't been to Italy in awhile.
Maybe you should open up a travel agency since you've been to so many places. I have been thinking about doing something like that.

But yeah, I'll bring you back a bottle of wine, deal?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 12:32 AM   #49
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Maybe you should open up a travel agency since you've been to so many places. I have been thinking about doing something like that.

Not a big fan of wine but thanks. Yeah, I think if travel agents got paid well, that would be my ideal job.

Ok, I whipped this up quickly. But I suggest playing it by ear. There are plenty of hotels so no real need to reserve since you'll have a car.
Sidenote: I found George Clooney's house in Lake Como and rang the doorbell. Sadly, he did not answer, hahahaha.

Day 1: Zurich, Lake Como, Milan, Verona, Venice
Day 2: Venice
Day 3: Venice, San Marino, Rome
Day 4: Rome
Day 5: Pompeii, Florence
Day 6: Florence, Genoa
Day 7: Back to Zurich
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 12:35 AM   #50
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
Quote:

Not a big fan of wine but thanks. Yeah, I think if travel agents got paid well, that would be my ideal job.

Ok, I whipped this up quickly. But I suggest playing it by ear. There are plenty of hotels so no real need to reserve since you'll have a car.
Sidenote: I found George Clooney's house in Lake Como and rang the doorbell. Sadly, he did not answer, hahahaha.

You don't like wine???? Who doesn't like wine?? Oh dear...

That's quite a bit of driving, no? Would it be better to use one central town as a base and do day trips? A week is too short to be moving around so much.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 12:47 AM   #51
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
Quote:

You don't like wine???? Who doesn't like wine?? Oh dear...

That's quite a bit of driving, no? Would it be better to use one central town as a base and do day trips? A week is too short to be moving around so much.
See, everyone is different. You have to play it by ear and take the time to see what you want.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 12:50 AM   #52
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
See, everyone is different. You have to play it by ear and take the time to see what you want.
JeeZ. Glad we didn't go to Bali together. You would have been buzzing around like a bee while I'm moving at a snail's pace...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 12:53 AM   #53
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
JeeZ. Glad we didn't go to Bali together. You would have been buzzing around like a bee while I'm moving at a snail's pace...
Bali is different. I could lie on a beach for a week easily.
In Italy, some people spend days in one place going to all the museums. I'm not big on that.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 06:14 AM   #54
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:

Tara, no offense, but keep your day job at Ikea. This is a horrible schedule. Unless you're doing a damn Gumball rallye through Europe, you would see SHIT this way. Did you even map this one out?

F22: do *not* do this!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 06:21 AM   #55
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Tara, no offense, but keep your day job at Ikea. This is a horrible schedule. Unless you're doing a damn Gumball rallye through Europe, you would see SHIT this way. Did you even map this one out?

Man, you are up early!!

But yes, I agree with you. There is no way I am doing that schedule and I think I had said that. It seems very hectic and too much moving around.

I'm gonna take a look on Google Map this morning and see what we should do. I will incorporate the towns that you guys had suggested and will pick one to use as home base.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 08:07 AM   #56
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Man, you are up early!!

But yes, I agree with you. There is no way I am doing that schedule and I think I had said that. It seems very hectic and too much moving around.

I'm gonna take a look on Google Map this morning and see what we should do. I will incorporate the towns that you guys had suggested and will pick one to use as home base.
Up with the sun!

Make your way to the bookshop today and pick up some travel guides. I have one for each major city or region that I visit. My personal preference are the Dorling Kindersley guides, but to each their own.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 09:41 AM   #57
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Lake Maggiore was very nice also.

Don't forget to drive through the Gothard tunnel!
Looks pretty awesome for a drive through.

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #58
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_boost View Post
Go to Albania you'll LOVE it, if only i was there to show you guys around
Well, book a ticket and join us!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 09:43 AM   #59
e92_boost
Captain
Rep
Drives: Smart Car

Quote:
Quote:
Go to Albania you'll LOVE it, if only i was there to show you guys around
Well, book a ticket and join us!
If only i didnt take my summer classes we would have a place to stay also
Attached Images

06-06-2015, 09:45 AM   #60
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Now you're just toying with us...lol

It's funny you mentioned classes. A buddy of mine said he couldn't join us for Bahamas because he is taking summer school. This past Wednesday the class was cancelled so he booked his ticket Thursday. Lol

It's a good thing I graduated long ago. I don't miss school at all, except for maybe the social aspect.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #61
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

I don't think you can go wrong with the Alp region whether Germany/Switzerland/Austria or Italy, such a stunning place, my preference is either the Swiss or Italian alps.
      06-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #62
MrSparkle80
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi AW 6mt

I agree with the suggestion of just picking a place or two and doing as much as you can there, but it really depends on what you and your brother want to get out of the trip. If you choose Italy, I really enjoyed Florence and had no real desire to go to Venice, so my opinion isn't the popular one here! The Cinque Terre was great, but I was there before the most recent mudslides. Rome is great for the history, if that is your thing. The southern coast through Sorrento was more of a relaxing atmosphere.

You may want to consider Brussels, Bruges, and Amsterdam, as they are pretty close and easy to get to by train, all fun for different reasons, and a reasonable trip for a week.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #63
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et
Quote:

Haha! Hey, everyone travels differently. I guess I move around fast. I lived in Europe and drove around a lot so I do know it's possible. But yeah, too much for beginners I guess. I'll stop advising here
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 10:43 AM   #64
MrSparkle80
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi AW 6mt

Quote:
Haha! Hey, everyone travels differently. I guess I move around fast. I lived in Europe and drove around a lot so I do know it's possible. But yeah, too much for beginners I guess. I'll stop advising here
I like hitting a lot of places, but even that is insane for me! Where did you live, and how long were you there? I was in Germany for a year.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 10:44 AM   #65
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle80
Quote:
I like hitting a lot of places, but even that is insane for me! Where did you live, and how long were you there? I was in Germany for a year.
I lived near Frankfurt for 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 11:59 AM   #66
e92_boost
Captain
Rep
Drives: Smart Car

Quote:
Quote:
Now you're just toying with us...lol

It's funny you mentioned classes. A buddy of mine said he couldn't join us for Bahamas because he is taking summer school. This past Wednesday the class was cancelled so he booked his ticket Thursday. Lol

It's a good thing I graduated long ago. I don't miss school at all, except for maybe the social aspect.
Haha theirs always next summer