BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-01-2021, 10:35 PM   #1
HOVM3
Grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone e90 "stripper"

FS: 2011 Silverstone/speed cloth stripper

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Hello everyone. wanted to check the interest level for my e90. Fairly unique spec, and hope someone enjoys this machine as much as I did. I'll probably regret this. I purchased this car off another forum member in July of 2020, put some time and money into this amazing machine and wanted to keep it forever but sadly I need to let her go to free up some funds as I'm looking to purchase a home. Onto the car..

2011 E90 M3 LCI
Around 62,200 miles, will go up slowly. I drive the car a couple times a week between my other cars.
Exterior Silverstone 2 with matching aluminum interior trim
6 speed
Full Speed cloth seats with adjustable side bolsters ( only available on the last year of the e90s production vs half cloth )
Single hump ( game changer with aftermarket seats when your sitting lower to the ground)
No Navigation
No electronic dampening
No i-drive
No park distance
No comfort access
Fold down rear seats - YES!
LCI model does have the Bluetooth streaming with song title readout on the radio
Only option is the sunroof, which is fantastic to hear the s65. Plus I live in Cali where the weather in 9.5/10 all year round.

Onto the Mods and maintenance, probably missing a few items.

Wheels
Currently running Hyper black ARC 8 18x10 et25 squared all around with 275/35/18 Michelin pilot 4s Tires
Extended wheels stud conversion done

Engine

New starter motor
New spark plugs- from the previous owner, Replaced the spark plugs when I replaced the actuators as I had the plenum off and it was accessible the car at 58k miles, knew it was overkill but did it anyway, plugs were basically brand new, still have these saved in a box if you want them.
New oil pan gasket
New Vanos pump
Alpine tuned
Top speed limiter removed
Rod bearings done 5k miles ago
New gaskets
Throttle actuators replaced 4K miles ago, had a code for bank 1 but I replaced both banks as a preventative using rebuilt ones from M Power motorsports with a lifetime warranty. M power motorsports claims they replace the plastic gears with a carbon plastic ones (if I'm not wrong) which won't wear like the OEM plastic does, and rebuilds the electronics.
Added a Motorsport DE carbon Plenum and a eventuri intake elbow to complete the carbon look under the hood. The noise is INTOXICATING. No other way to put it. Just fantastic, noise and eye candy.
Oil changes were done every 3k miles using liqui moly 10w60.

Brakes

New OEM Rotors with lifetime replacement FCP
New brake pads
Steel braided brake lines

Suspension

Ohlins RT coil overs 8k miles ago
-GAS mono ball kit 8k miles ago
Ground control camber plates 8k miles ago
-Turner solid aluminum subframe bushings ( game changer, completely solves the wandering issue in the rear end under load and makes the car so much more progressive and predictable when driven hard.) 58k miles
-Ecs turning poly diff bushings, wanted to stiffen up the rear end as I personally like the feel over the softer bushings, also to avoid the issue with sheering off the diff bolts when driving hard ( a common issue apparently that I hadn't heard about before buying the car) there is some added NVH and diff whine but it's honestly really not that bad, if you have any music on it really isn't noticeable or if you have an exhaust on the car it drones it out. I personally thought the diff whine was pretty sick, sounded like a gt3 car, but it wasn't unbearable. Also done at 58k miles

Car handles like it's on rails and truly inspires confidence in the driver when driving spiritedly, I would say it is miles ahead of any stock m3.

Interior

Currently the car has the stock speed-cloth seats put in, I have the Recaro sportster GT cloth seats and Sparco QRT-C carbon buckets , The bolsters on the Recaro's are delaminating so I'm having them warrantied hence why the stock seats are in the car.
Recaro sportster GT seats driver and passenger in cloth to match the stock cloth interior and rear seats. These are amazing!
Schrott driver and passenger quick fit pros designed for e90
(please note the stock ones I have are the full cloth from shoulder down versus the half cloth ones, these only came on 2011 models)
Alcantara wrapped steering wheel with blue stripe
Blue limited edition start button
UCP ultimate clutch pedal
RTD race shifter with DSSR and custom Alcantara boot. Changes the whole drive of the car
Poly urethane transmission mounts
Euro coded by Alex at alpine for additional features such as
One touch key FOB window and sunroof opening
Digital speedometer readout

Exterior
Lux angel eyes white leds
GT style front lip
Side skirts
Fancy wide rear diffuser
Corner amber delete coded out
Clear corners

Exhaust

OEM exhaust mod with secondary cat delete. Currently has a Eisnmann Race with a macht shnell catless x pipe but I'll be putting the oem set up on when comes sale time. I have the secondary cats in box and will include it if you'd like to install them later down the line.

No expense was spared when it came to maintaining the car, I'm a freak when it comes to how my car runs and so we're the previous enthusiast owners, everything replaced with OEM parts or upgraded beyond the factory quality. All you would need is 5 min behind the wheel to understand dialed in the car is.

Cons

The front bumper and hood could use a repaint, they have a bit of rock chips from living its life in the canyons, it never really bothered me that much but I would have ended up doing it eventually as well as PPF'ing the front end to keep everything clean after a repaint.
There is a tiny dent on the roof and trunk that I honestly didn't notice until I had the car for a couple months and only could see it if the light hits it just right, no damage to the paint, some paint less dent repair would have that fixed in an afternoon, again didn't bother me much so I never got to it. There are some scratches and nicks in the paint to be expected of enthusiast owned car that spent a lot of time in the canyons.
The only issues in the interior are the EDC OFF button on the three button panel by the shifter which is a known character issue for these cars. Secondly would be the custom shift boot, the glue holding it in had came apart so the boot moves in and out of place, that was the only issue I had in the interior that would bother me a little, the front and rear seats are in MINT condition, as if no one had ever sat in them, would be surprised to know the fronts had 45k miles on them.

Please consider that most cars in this spec 2011, 6spd, single hump, cloth seat, no options and lower mileage typically go for around 35k with no mods or maintenance. I would ideally like to pass on the car to someone who would love to take on the car and all its parts entirely. I do not want to deal with a part out or entertain low ball offers, I may be able to work with the new owner and look at removing some parts and adjust the pricing accordingly. appreciate any kind words, please leave your negative comments to yourself.
Hope to find my car a great home and someone who will love driving this machine as much as I do. It took me a very long time to get all the small stuff dialed in to be around pure driving enjoyment, and I hope to pass it on to someone who will love it as much as I do. If you live in the socal area you have probably seen this car on mulholland highway on the weekends.
Happy to send more pictures to interested parties. No tire kickers please. Car is located from a stones throw away from mulholland highway in sunny Los Angeles, CA.