BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

04-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #45
Pimp Star
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
So he wouldn't mind driving a GT3 daily? Huh, I've never been in one so I couldn't give my own opinion, but I really want to drive one.

I just don't think the Turbo is worth it when you can get an R8. Now, comparing a RWD Porsche to the R8 is something else.
I hear that the GT3 and GT3RS are godly cars to drive, and are much better track cars than any other 911. The Turbo and GT2 have the forced induction and have less steering input, according to reviews and drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Gallardo's are way too flashy man.^
Yeah, and they aren't German... On second thought, they are.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #46
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp Star View Post
Hey guys, I've been a member a while and I'm pretty young at 17 years old. I currently drive my dad's Mercedes-Benz E350 to and from school, and I'm probably going to keep it until I'm done with college then invest in a face-lifted 3 'er. But this thread is not about me... It's about my dad.

He's looking at getting a car to add to his collection, but he has some guidelines. It must be German (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche), it must be under $200,000 (so no Enzo's... sadly...), and it must be fairly practical. So the nose can't be too low, the ride comfort must exist, and the car can't be a Koeingsegg to drive.

I recommended a few cars to him, he is thinking about them, I just wanted to get some more suggestions. I suggested:

Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG: Roadster. Grand Tourer. Masseuse.

Porsche 911 Turbo: 480 Horsepower + 4WD = Instant Acceleration.

Porsche 911 GT2: Basically a faster, lighter Turbo; but costs more at $191,000.

BMW M5 or M6: Perfect for Bi-Polar people, due to the M Button. Under $100,000.

What other cars can you think of for an almost-60-year-old-balding-mid-life-crisis-father-of-two?
enzo is from italy not germany

i say m5 for praticality
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #47
Pimp Star
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last E92 M3 View Post
enzo is from italy not germany

i say m5 for praticality
I realize... And, actually, I have been thinking the same. My dad told me that he has somebody ready to buy his SL600, so, he wants to have fairly large, daily driver...

And, I'm telling my dad to wait until the facelifted E60 comes out to get an M5. That way you could have a 6-700HP 4-door, 5-seater sedan. Plus, with the amount of settings (6 for the gearbox, 3 for the differential, 3 for the engine, 3 for the traction control, etc) the M5 could be a track day car as well as a GT.

So, what do you guys think? And, if that's not fast enough it could always be stroked to 5.7 Liters! God, I love Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 10:31 PM   #48
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp Star View Post
I realize... And, actually, I have been thinking the same. My dad told me that he has somebody ready to buy his SL600, so, he wants to have fairly large, daily driver...

And, I'm telling my dad to wait until the facelifted E60 comes out to get an M5. That way you could have a 6-700HP 4-door, 5-seater sedan. Plus, with the amount of settings (6 for the gearbox, 3 for the differential, 3 for the engine, 3 for the traction control, etc) the M5 could be a track day car as well as a GT.

So, what do you guys think? And, if that's not fast enough it could always be stroked to 5.7 Liters! God, I love Dinan.
And who knows, the next-gen 5er could look seriously badass.
Appreciate 0