BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

04-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

what's with dealer allocation and order/build times?

I ordered, the dealer said something like they found an extra allocation or they were able to get a spot for 2-3 weeks from when I ordered.

I am not in that big a hurry they said maybe I'd get one June/July

I have an order and it's in stage 111 but my question what does that mean? does it mean it's soon to be 112 or could it be a long time if the dealer is collecting a lot of orders and just wants to get me on the hook?

I don't think there is a lot I can do, I mean is this like an honor system should I believe that I will soon be 112 or could it be much longer?

BTW I ordered coupe + DCT so I don't know if that will delay more than what I have been told June/July

thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
bmwprince4life
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

ordered mine to over weekend with dct in so cal and they told me production wont start till may and earliest release will be with e93 m3 convertible in julyish
      04-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwprince4life View Post
ordered mine to over weekend with dct in so cal and they told me production wont start till may and earliest release will be with e93 m3 convertible in julyish
that's not my question, what I am asking is if a dealership has a lot of orders already could that push back production?

I mean can we end up with a later production if they order at the wrong dealer and how can we know? Is there a way to tell how far down on the dealership allocation you are? And can a dealership run out of allocations for a particular model for example coupe before they run out of sedan spots or does BMW somehow work to fill up the orders as they are taken no matter how many people order from one dealership or how few order there?

I wish there was a code better than 111 (on order) which does not really tell me anything about when it will become 112 (pre-production in the build que).
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
I think if you have an allocation you are fine. My sense is that "early" allocations spots are generally from people who have dropped out.
Appreciate 0