BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

05-14-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
feardafoot
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Coupe Black/Black

Wheels For M3

I have been looking for wheels for my 06 hard top black on black M3. Asanti line so far has caught my eyes the most i guess. Im thinking 20" wheels but i want to be a little different. Im thinking deep well with black inserts or something. i really like these......... Tell me what you guys think

http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/Wh...128&CheckFit=1

Its hard to tell without seeing them on the car. I havent physically went out with my car a looked locally. Maybe i should but i live in Raleigh NC. Most places around here are cheap. Over priced for crap
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
TonyTone
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 VERT

Contact Wheelsto
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ght=iss+forged
      05-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Several Good Wheel Suppliers Here

The wheel you are interested in is not one that you would typically see on an M3. There are a number of wheel vendors/site sponsors here that understand wheel and tire fitments for your car and offer quality wheels at different price points. You can find lots of pictures of wheels mounted to cars in the M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery and the Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack forums. Our wheel vendors advertise their offerings in the wheels/tires/spacers section of the SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area. You can find out if forum members have had issues or particularly good experiences with specific vendors in the Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum.

While there is an E46 M3 specific forum here, the M3Post site and information is primarily focused on the current model E9X M3's. You might find more pictures of available wheels on E46 M3's like yours on a forum such as M3forum.net that has more of an E46 M3 focus.

To be sure you get a wheel that will meet your needs, it's important to know about wheel manufacturing methods and wheel performance standards. There is information about manufacturing methods here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357430 and wheel performance standards here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353224.
      05-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
ranger22
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintexas View Post
The wheel you are interested in is not one that you would typically see on an M3. There are a number of wheel vendors/site sponsors here that understand wheel and tire fitments for your car and offer quality wheels at different price points. You can find lots of pictures of wheels mounted to cars in the M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery and the Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack forums. Our wheel vendors advertise their offerings in the wheels/tires/spacers section of the SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area. You can find out if forum members have had issues or particularly good experiences with specific vendors in the Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum.

While there is an E46 M3 specific forum here, the M3Post site and information is primarily focused on the current model E9X M3's. You might find more pictures of available wheels on E46 M3's like yours on a forum such as M3forum.net that has more of an E46 M3 focus.

To be sure you get a wheel that will meet your needs, it's important to know about wheel manufacturing methods and wheel performance standards. There is information about manufacturing methods here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357430 and wheel performance standards here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353224.
Wow. CalinTexas for Moderator!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
FredVMI
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Competition

IMO, too much "bling" for a performance car like an M3. But, if you like them, our opinions don't matter!

Past: E30 M3 /// E28 M5 /// E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #6
haze gray
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe / 2011 X5

concur
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2010, 07:08 AM   #7
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger22 View Post
Wow. CalinTexas for Moderator!
I don't think so.
      05-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #8
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintexas View Post
The wheel you are interested in is not one that you would typically see on an M3.
That's one way to put it.
      05-15-2010, 07:21 AM   #9
Rambo
Rep
Drives: E90

Those wheels look better on a Escalade with a gold rope chain necklace.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #10
feardafoot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Those wheels look better on a Escalade with a gold rope chain necklace.
Maybe. I saw some similar wheels on a cadillac my friend has and it looks really good. I was aiming at the inserts i guess. Im going personally to get details and get ideas. Best option. Thanks for the diss though. i can take it.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #11
3M3
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 SSII DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by feardafoot View Post
Thanks for the diss though. i can take it.
Hope so. It can get pretty brutal here from what I have seen.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 01:13 AM   #12
Rambo
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by feardafoot View Post
Maybe. I saw some similar wheels on a cadillac my friend has and it looks really good. I was aiming at the inserts i guess. Im going personally to get details and get ideas. Best option. Thanks for the diss though. i can take it.

Sorry for the critique, I found it too easy. Hopefully you lurk here long enough and the BMW forums can change your taste while influencing you to be stuck up like us. I'm kidding, being different is what makes us unique.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 07:02 PM   #13
feardafoot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Sorry for the critique, I found it too easy. Hopefully you lurk here long enough and the BMW forums can change your taste while influencing you to be stuck up like us. I'm kidding, being different is what makes us unique.
I have gotten thumbs up but it seems to be all from teenage mexican kids.

The easy option for me is to send the factory 19 in 10 twin spokes off to be chromed. California Chrome does a great job from what ive seen.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 11:55 PM   #14
Prit@Euro Autowerx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Well here is an option for you, I am thinking of selling my Vorsteiner/ DPE 20's. Let me know if you are interested. We also deal with DPE on a fairly regular basis. Shoot me an email at info@euroautowerx.com and I can send you a bunch of options that would look great on the E46 M3.

Appreciate 0