BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

12-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #23
MRG Race Co
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Nardo E92 '15 Fashion F80

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
In town for the holidays and I finally saw a SG e92 on 93N last night around 9ish. We were about 5-10 minutes from Derry area.

I got so excited to see one and I tried to catch up in my rental car but it was futile... Lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #24
gambitx28
shop smart, shop s-mart
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i GC

Cape Cod here. Car is my daily driver year round. Why own it if you don't drive it?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #25
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
The brembos are night and day comparison to the stock binders. Very little fade and brake fluid doesn't boil if you take it in the track. For daily driving they are fine and progressive not too much bite.

I don't drive mine that much at all in the winter. Picked up an Audi TTRS for my daily driving in January this year as I was putting too many miles on the M and gas mileage sucked.

The TT gives me great gas mileage, all wheel drive for the winter time and I enjoy driving it on a daily basis. Thought about an SUV or something along those lines, but in our crazy car minds the TT somehow seemed practical!

Very fast car, but the M as we all know is just something special. TTRS can make any average driver feel like the STIG.

Ill be interested to see which car is quicker once I break the blower in. TT is at stage 2+ right now and gets to 100 in a hurry.

Shoot me a PM anytime. Would love to meet up and go for a drive, coffee whatever
Nice man! You got a nice set-up there. I got my Accord as my daily driver. I love it

When I switch from the Accord to the M3, it just puts a smile on my face every time. Gotta love it
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #26
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA///M3 View Post
No, not my daily driver. today I will take it though. no rain. no snow.
Mine doesn't like the cold
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #27
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBeast View Post
I'm in Mass , and mine is my daily driver. It's an M3 which is my dream car. It's not a lambo so I will enjoy mine everyday that I can.
Wish I could enjoy mine every day but parts can get expensive as a daily driver, specially during the winter. Not the best car for the winter because of the RWD. That's where my Accord comes in to play
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #28
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Haven View Post
I live in the Portsmouth, NH area... And the E90 ///M is currently located in the garage, where it belongs until spring.

The 550 will see some snow driving this year. But, the Rover is now on active duty.
I see you baller!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #29
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSSIIM3 View Post
im in boston and i DD it. pm me if you wanna go on some runs
Sounds like a great plan to me man! I'll let you know when I decide to take it out again.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #30
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
I live in Hudson NH, I take the M usually on weekends if and only if there is no snow and temperature is in the 40's.

What tires do you have on?

I just saw a blue E46 M3 crossing over the border to NH on Rt3 today, debadged. Going quite slow in the right lane

How's the Modded exhaust going for you over there?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #31
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHman View Post
I don't own an "M" yet but will be placing an order within the next few weeks for April/May delivery. Back-n-forth on color and MT vs. DCT.
Personally, if your looking for an daily driver, I would go DCT. If your looking for the drive once in a while type and be in control, then manual is the way to go. Good luck with the order. Hit us up for a quick spin
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #32
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Go Manual. I would never consider a DCT/Auto after test driving one.
You putting down my DCT huh? We shall see who's quicker
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #33
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alynM3 View Post
In town for the holidays and I finally saw a SG e92 on 93N last night around 9ish. We were about 5-10 minutes from Derry area.

I got so excited to see one and I tried to catch up in my rental car but it was futile... Lol.

What color was it? Haha! Couldn't keep up with it in the rental huh?

You don't see too many M's around here, specially now.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #34
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambitx28 View Post
Cape Cod here. Car is my daily driver year round. Why own it if you don't drive it?
Nice man!

Wear and tear kills it. As you know, part aren't really cheap on these cars
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #35
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

I actually witnessed two yesterday in the south shore area.. One e90 (I know guy and looks like he took my advice on getting a catback system a while back) and an e93. Both were Jerez black..

It was like seeing a purple squirrel twice in one day! I think these cars handle very well in the winter considering. Get a good set of snows and your in good shape. Heavy blizzard maybe not, but the rear diff helps quite a bit with tire spin. If you are really gung ho with driving it in winter throw a couple of sand bags in the back to keep the back from getting happy. I have personally never done it, but I have heard good things. And hey if ur stuck you got the sand to put under the tires to get you out!

Car is definitely happier in better climates and the roads as we know are well...horrible to say the least. Guys in the west and south don't know how lucky they are!

I'm glad I got the TTRS. Keeps miles off the M and this is a car I intend on keeping as long as humanly possible.

Have a happy holidays and merry Xmas to everyone. PM any time if we have nice weekend weather coming our way and would love to meet up.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #36
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

West Springfield, MA. Pretty much stored for the winter although I have had it out recently do the nice dry and relatively warm weather. Definitely goes into hibernation after the first good coating of salt/sand.

We have a vacation home in York, ME, so I have been up there with the M also in the spring through fall.
      12-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #37
SouthShoreM3
United_States
Rep

To those guys asking about the DCR vs MT I was suspicious at the time of buying as I hVe always loves a MT. I am really disappointed that I never tear drove the DCT. I has the chance in the summer to drive an AA STAGE 2 with Meth and I could not believe how good the DCT was! Truly an amazing transmission. If I could do it over I would have chosen the DCT HANDS DOWN!

I just don't quite like the feel of the gates in the MT. I know you can always do a SS KIT. I have a 4.10 in mine and it is really aggressive around town and hardly likes normal driving.

The TTRS has a great feel and the gates are nice and close (2nd to 3rd is a little long), but the feel of the shifter and weight is just fantastic. Wish I could put this in the M

Do A DCT with the Dinan 3.62 and you will be smiling all day long.

It's personal preference really and both are great. The DCT is just better.

Any of you guys slightly adjusted your vehicles performance wise?

If considering anything suspension wise, DO THE MONOBALL from Dinan. Best bang for buck and the control and feel of the vehicle is just sublime. Heard they may be making rare monoball a as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #38
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
You putting down my DCT huh? We shall see who's quicker
Nobody cares if its .5 seconds faster. Quite frankly any manual is the better car over any DCT/Automatic/Tiptronic/SMG etc..I have an autotragic X5 and love it but for the long drives and snow trips, not for weekend fun and hills....

Bump.. Merry Christmas...
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #39
SouthShoreM3
United_States
Rep

Agreed endless! Manual is pure bliss with the proper driving situations! Sometimes though I really hate it on the mornings driving into Boston

Up north has some great roads drive, but better watch for those sneaky state troopers hiding out!

Come the spring we should put something together for a little meet and greet and then shed rubber on the street!

Really want this blower broken in come the spring...global warming keep it up! Definitely feel bad for the ski industry up there though. I'm a skier and from the sound of it, conditions are not great
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #40
B.Haven
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 ///M3, '08 550i ///M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Go Manual. I would never consider a DCT/Auto after test driving one.
I gotta agree... I've driven both and the DCT is definitely fun. But, the manual IMO is much more fun to drive. Sure the DCT is faster by a small margin. But, unless you're on the track I think shifting your own gears brings a whole different experience.

... That's just one hillbillies opinion though. Buy what you're gonna enjoy day in and day out.
      12-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #41
B.Haven
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 ///M3, '08 550i ///M-Sport

Back to the thread....

I'd love to have a meet up / get together sometime. We live in a beautiful place... It's a shame to not get together for coffee or dinner and maybe a short drive up the coast!

Edit:.... And Merry Christmas!
      12-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #42
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
How's the Modded exhaust going for you over there?
mwmhahah can't get enough of the roar
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #43
MRSSIIM3
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SO

Quote:
Back to the thread....

I'd love to have a meet up / get together sometime. We live in a beautiful place... It's a shame to not get together for coffee or dinner and maybe a short drive up the coast!

lets do it!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #44
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Back to the thread....

I'm down for it!
Appreciate 0