BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-22-2017, 02:26 PM   #67
Ndc2991
Registered
1
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: E39, E36, E38
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

Changed my settings and pmd you.
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2017, 07:03 PM   #68
ItsCoo2PYoPants
Enlisted Member
ItsCoo2PYoPants's Avatar
1
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: E46, E53, E92
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kent, WA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmega View Post
Got my car back today. Good turnaround time, dropped off at 8am yesterday and received the call that it was ready for pickup around 1045am today. Also kind enough to give me a ride when I dropped off and picked up the car.

My total cost out the door was $3617.47. This was BE Bearings rod bearings with their recommended ARP bolts and OEM motor mounts.
Definitely pleased with the service, they knew what they were doing and got it done quickly.

My bearings were in bad condition, especially one had chunks missing out of it. Fortunately no damage from that. I'll start a thread over in the engine subforum with details later today.
how many miles on your car when you had the bearings changed?

what is the shops contact info that you used?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 12:24 AM   #69
jiggz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
191
Rep
1,584
Posts

Drives: E90 M3|E70 X5 50i
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

^ the shop in question for a good portion of this thread is Group 2 Motorsports -

https://www.g2motorsports.com/contact/
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 01:43 AM   #70
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
281
Rep
6,165
Posts

Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dark Side of the Moon

iTrader: (52)

would anyone like to help me swap steerings wheels from my non-m to my m3 and vice versa, i'm in lacey

beers on me? or lunch i dunno
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 01:54 AM   #71
ksteckba
Second Lieutenant
ksteckba's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
273
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
would anyone like to help me swap steerings wheels from my non-m to my m3 and vice versa, i'm in lacey

beers on me? or lunch i dunno
If you find the diy on here you won't need any help honestly. It's very easy.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2017, 11:52 AM   #72
andrewmega
wwwwwwwww
Taiwan
4
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsCoo2PYoPants View Post
how many miles on your car when you had the bearings changed?

what is the shops contact info that you used?
I had just over 57000 and the shop was G2 Motorsports as jiggz posted
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #73
jhoneil
First Lieutenant
jhoneil's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
396
Posts

Drives: M3 E90 Jetblack
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Auburn WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
would anyone like to help me swap steerings wheels from my non-m to my m3 and vice versa, i'm in lacey

beers on me? or lunch i dunno
I can help depending when you want to do it. I'm looking for a M performance steering wheel so will eventually be doing this on my car so I might as well see how its done.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 03:28 PM   #74
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
281
Rep
6,165
Posts

Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dark Side of the Moon

iTrader: (52)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoneil View Post
I can help depending when you want to do it. I'm looking for a M performance steering wheel so will eventually be doing this on my car so I might as well see how its done.
sounds good, I'm still waiting on delivery of my car from HI, I'd imagine in 2 weeks time, would meeting at my place in lacey be okay?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 02:25 AM   #75
ItsCoo2PYoPants
Enlisted Member
ItsCoo2PYoPants's Avatar
1
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: E46, E53, E92
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kent, WA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmega View Post
I had just over 57000 and the shop was G2 Motorsports as jiggz posted
thanks for the info. how did they look at 57k miles? im at 58k currently. I was thinking about doing it closer to 100k miles
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #76
andrewmega
wwwwwwwww
Taiwan
4
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsCoo2PYoPants View Post
thanks for the info. how did they look at 57k miles? im at 58k currently. I was thinking about doing it closer to 100k miles
Especially terrible. Hard to say when/if you should do them since how they wear seems to be down to luck but I am definitely glad I did mine earlier rather than later.

Here's a thread I started on them at the time with some pictures
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1352151
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #77
ItsCoo2PYoPants
Enlisted Member
ItsCoo2PYoPants's Avatar
1
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: E46, E53, E92
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kent, WA

iTrader: (1)

^ thatís crazy, at such low miles. What bearings did you go with as replacements?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #78
Transfer
Colonel
Transfer's Avatar
United_States
358
Rep
2,699
Posts

Drives: M235xi, SQ5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmega View Post
Especially terrible. Hard to say when/if you should do them since how they wear seems to be down to luck but I am definitely glad I did mine earlier rather than later.

Here's a thread I started on them at the time with some pictures
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1352151
Those bearings are like a horror show.

As a prior owner and someone who plans to pick up another E9x next year, I have followed the rod bearing saga from the beginning and would personally plan to do them at 60k miles OR have a warranty. Looks like engine mounts could be appropriate at 60k as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 10:51 PM   #79
kerrit
Captain
37
Rep
728
Posts

Drives: MR 6MT ESS-550 E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2003 4Runner  [0.00]
2008 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Those bearings are like a horror show.

As a prior owner and someone who plans to pick up another E9x next year
hurry the F up
__________________
6MT | ESS-550 | KW ClubSport | Sparta 380/355 BBK
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 02:24 AM   #80
Transfer
Colonel
Transfer's Avatar
United_States
358
Rep
2,699
Posts

Drives: M235xi, SQ5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrit View Post
hurry the F up
If I were to show up in an STI or some shit next year I think you might have a stroke.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 11:49 AM   #81
andrewmega
wwwwwwwww
Taiwan
4
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsCoo2PYoPants View Post
^ thatís crazy, at such low miles. What bearings did you go with as replacements?
BE bearings and rod bolts, replaced mounts with OEM at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 12:21 PM   #82
Z K
Brigadier General
Z K's Avatar
United_States
713
Rep
4,020
Posts

Drives: E90 M3, MK6 GLI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Those bearings are like a horror show.

As a prior owner and someone who plans to pick up another E9x next year, I have followed the rod bearing saga from the beginning and would personally plan to do them at 60k miles OR have a warranty. Looks like engine mounts could be appropriate at 60k as well.
Engine mounts are definitely done by 60k.. I'd say to replace them earlier at 50k. Mine were crushed and torn at 70k miles. You don't notice the degradation of the mounts because it happens gradually but with new mounts the car feels so smooth.
__________________
Auto Detailing Enthusiast!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 02:58 PM   #83
kerrit
Captain
37
Rep
728
Posts

Drives: MR 6MT ESS-550 E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2003 4Runner  [0.00]
2008 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
If I were to show up in an STI or some shit next year I think you might have a stroke.
a stroke just after I slapped the shit out of you
__________________
6MT | ESS-550 | KW ClubSport | Sparta 380/355 BBK
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 02:07 AM   #84
ItsCoo2PYoPants
Enlisted Member
ItsCoo2PYoPants's Avatar
1
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: E46, E53, E92
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kent, WA

iTrader: (1)

What is the difference between BE bearings and WPC treated bearings?

Did you order parts in advance or let the shop source parts?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 09:10 AM   #85
shimmy23
e90 daddymobile
shimmy23's Avatar
244
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: e90 IB M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: WA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsCoo2PYoPants View Post
What is the difference between BE bearings and WPC treated bearings?

Did you order parts in advance or let the shop source parts?
WPC treated have a coating on essentially OEM spec bearings. BE bearings are thinner specíd than OEM to compensate for clearance and are lead like the early model OEM versions

That being said a set of WPC bearings have been removed from a car and have shown visible wear. So in theory we can only think that BE is better?

Another important aspect is choosing a good set of bolts. From what Iíve read, you want the OEM spec BE bolts.

If you allow the shop to order the parts at least youíll get some kind of warranty thru them. Iím sure you could tell them what to order
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 11:52 AM   #86
ksteckba
Second Lieutenant
ksteckba's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
273
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
WPC treated have a coating on essentially OEM spec bearings. BE bearings are thinner specíd than OEM to compensate for clearance and are lead like the early model OEM versions

That being said a set of WPC bearings have been removed from a car and have shown visible wear. So in theory we can only think that BE is better?

Another important aspect is choosing a good set of bolts. From what Iíve read, you want the OEM spec BE bolts.

If you allow the shop to order the parts at least youíll get some kind of warranty thru them. Iím sure you could tell them what to order
Replace first bold with "surface treatment", and second bold with "BE spec ARP bolts."
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST