BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
Indenial
Hotdog Vendor
Rep
Drives: a 335 hoe

Prince of Persia xbox360

I just picked up a used copy of Prince of Persia. Has anyone had a chance to play the game. I have been busy since I purchased it and have not had a chance to put some time into it. I will play it regardless of opinion, but just wanted to know if anyone plays it.

P.S. If you play gears2 or COD: WAW add me (Inden1al) - Gtag.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
ptx1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Titanium Silver

The new PoP is beautiful. Simple and entertaining. If you're looking for a hardcore game you'll be disappointed. But if you want a game to relax to, and not waste your time with 15 second loads every time you die, then this is a great game.
Most people who end up not liking the game tend to play through it as fast as possible. The best way, I've found, is to heal a land find as many light seeds as possible and then come back when you have your "other abilities". It's not a pain searching for the seed because they’re so visible and moving through the land is so smooth and the button presses are timed intuitively.
75% of the game is just running, jumping and flying through the air. The other quarter is fights. Learn the combo system. It is extremely satisfying to take someone out with a 14 hit combo and still be able to enjoy the animation because you don't have to rush into the next button in the sequence.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

played the first three in PS2. really great game. if you find yourself enjoying this game try shadow of colossus also.
      01-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

i thought it was good. Ptx1 nailed it. Though the first Prince of Persia:Sands of Time was the best in the series hands down.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
Indenial
Hotdog Vendor
Rep

I have got a chance to put some time into the game.. I love it. Very artistic and fun. I like that you cannot really die in the game. It saves the frustration that comes with acrobatic type games. (creed, mirrors edge). How do i get new abilities though. Maybe i am just not far enough in the game??
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indenial View Post
I have got a chance to put some time into the game.. I love it. Very artistic and fun. I like that you cannot really die in the game. It saves the frustration that comes with acrobatic type games. (creed, mirrors edge). How do i get new abilities though. Maybe i am just not far enough in the game??
get enough light seeds and you go to the temple and chose one. Simple as that. If by abilities you mean like new moves, than sorry to inform you but there are none. you never learn any new moves, get new gear etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
Indenial
Hotdog Vendor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
get enough light seeds and you go to the temple and chose one. Simple as that. If by abilities you mean like new moves, than sorry to inform you but there are none. you never learn any new moves, get new gear etc.
figured that out right after i posted that. Fun game though definitely reminds me of Creed though.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #8
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indenial View Post
figured that out right after i posted that. Fun game though definitely reminds me of Creed though.
deffinetly.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #9
03SG///M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328

Just picked up a used copy of POP. I still think Sands of Time was the all time best POP game. I wish they made a remake or new version on 360. I loved the graphics too...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #10
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

It was alright, beat it awhile ago.