BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

05-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #23
TLCanada
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 SG 335I, 08 E92 IB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Or she could get an AW M3 and put red powder coated wheels on it. Now THAT will be unique... I think there is a picture of one here... I'll find the link...
i agree, its just difficult in the pre-owned dept to get everything the way you want it .. for the price you want it.. If she doesn't decide on the intergalos then something like the above would be great too....But 6mt is a must for her
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #24
TailHappyM3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCanada View Post
Do u even read? who said wanting 2nd looks? ...
Quote:
.....But I agree with her that it is a VERY safe looking car... and looks does matter.. it looks good/classy and all BUT very conservative
Really dude, give it up!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 12:58 AM   #25
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Since the OP is going to post in two sections of the forums, I'm going to respond twice too.

Here are my points:
- E92 for a primary family car isn't great. Actually, it sucks.
- I'd suggest that you and your wife try hauling a baby seat (loaded with a 25lb weight) in and out of the rear seat of an E92 a number of times before signing the IB E92 deal
- the rear center position is in fact the safest position for an infant
- why not an E90 M3 6MT?
- Recaro seats (OP talks of getting them in his other thread) are not approved for use in Canada
- isn't the non-individual Canadian colour palette exactly the same as the US palette?
- anyhow, MR, IB, LMB, SSII, all come to mind
- nothing stopping you from importing your so-called "unique" or more accessible individual colour from south of the border - you'll save some bucks too

Quote:
ummm bmw does offer good rates considering the car... 5.9 now for preowned is decent..last year it was about 3.9.. Her Z was 8.5 LEASED when first released. So yeah i will ask and search for ideas to find the right M3 for the wife...Move on?? to what?
Who thinks 5.9 is "decent"? I sure don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
I don't know Heath, I'm pretty vain, that's why I got my windows tinted, so people could see...wait, can't see me....um.

Damn.

I've made a terrible mistake.
LOL James, you're on a roll in this thread.

Quote:
Hi OP,
Might I suggest your wife takes a look around for a Sprint Blue S4. I'm not sure how many are on the pre-owned market yet, but the B8 S4 is a great car, faster than your wife's 350Z and in Sprint Blue will stand out like a sore thumb.
Oh yeah, S4 has 4 doors! What a great suggestion there James. Oh wait, you have an E90 too.

Quote:
Yeah, but she should care what I think, and take a look at the 1M.
Seriously, far more practical than the Z, a hoot by all accounts and every review. Just ignore those of us M3 owners who quip about not an M engine and the like (Cough....Duncan....Cough) all the evidence indicates it is a devastating little coupe, and if your wife drives 6 speed as you say. Perfect.
I'd like to see how a rear-facing seat fits in the 1M. Unless the OP and his wife are 5'2". Seriously, we all love our cars as much as you and your wife. But we all love our kids more. An E92 would be ok with kids 2+ years old, but with rear-facing infants, it's going to be difficult.

Quote:
i agree, its just difficult in the pre-owned dept to get everything the way you want it .. for the price you want it.. If she doesn't decide on the intergalos then something like the above would be great too....But 6mt is a must for her
Seriously, AW with red wheels? It was a joke dude.

These two threads are quite entertaining tonight. My suggestion? ED an E90 Individual Hellrot Red with the two-tone red/black interior. That'll stand out from the rest of the 3-series lineup.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 06:55 AM   #26
shagkie
Captain
Rep
Drives: a....V8

Quote:
Please don't get IB it's not unique at all. It's invisible on the road, nobody will notice her in it
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #27
TLCanada
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagkie View Post
Please don't get IB it's not unique at all. It's invisible on the road, nobody will notice her in it
thats fine, she doesn't care i the other people "notice" her or not, she just didn't want to see her new car or similar 3 series on every other driveway..most 3 series (at least around here) are silver,grey, black or white...Just wanted a liitle difference
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 07:35 AM   #28
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post

I'd like to see how a rear-facing seat fits in the 1M. Unless the OP and his wife are 5'2". Seriously, we all love our cars as much as you and your wife. But we all love our kids more. An E92 would be ok with kids 2+ years old, but with rear-facing infants, it's going to be difficult.

We use the Britax Boulevards in both of our 4 door cars, and it is HUGE, I can just picture the contortionistic moves required to delicately maneuver a baby, around it rear-facing with the passenger seat right forward in to a 1M.

My buddy Chris, who now has an E90 also, used to have a Cooper S, and he has a fairly short wife (< 5'), they were able to fit there rear facing lift-in lift-out seat in it. It was pretty comical.

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox | '17 BMW i3 BEV Protonic - Dalbergia
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #29
TLCanada
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
My buddy Chris, who now has an E90 also, used to have a Cooper S, and he has a fairly short wife (< 5'), they were able to fit there rear facing lift-in lift-out seat in it. It was pretty comical.
comical, but possible, lol, could be worse...like a Porsche with twins...lol
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #30
TLCanada
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
comical, but possible, lol, could be worse...like a Porsche with twins...lol
example:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #31
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

That cannot be good for your kids, nor does it look the least bit comfortable.

Do you guys have to buy from Canada? I didn't read the whole thing, but I imagine if you're buying used, you can open up yourself to a better market in the States.
      05-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #32
Simma
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

This thread is just frustrating me with the ignorant comments. How does one even begin to compare a 3 series to an M3. For those who mistaken it for a 3 series, they simply do not know their cars hence their opinion does NOTcount. My 12 year old cousin points out M3's and 3 Series easily, he can even tell apart a 328i, 335i, 335i M Pkg.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #33
TailHappyM3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simma View Post
This thread is just frustrating me with the ignorant comments. How does one even begin to compare a 3 series to an M3. For those who mistaken it for a 3 series, they simply do not know their cars hence their opinion does NOTcount. My 12 year old cousin points out M3's and 3 Series easily, he can even tell apart a 328i, 335i, 335i M Pkg.
+1

Lots of people feeding the troll here and don't see it......
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #34
TLCanada
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simma View Post
My 12 year old cousin points out M3's and 3 Series easily, he can even tell apart a 328i, 335i, 335i M Pkg.
yup they LOOK NOTHING ALIKE IN STOCK FORM COMPLETELY different looking
Attached Images

Appreciate 0