BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

09-09-2010, 12:18 AM   #23
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Vil View Post
If you wanted to order a car like that from me; I'd require at least 2K for a deposit (and non refundable.)

That car is sale proof if you back out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
Please let us know what you find out. I'm scheduled for week 37 build...so hopefully I'm covered. But BMW needs to get their act together. I remember when I ordered a '99 528 and specifically waited until September builds because they were coming out with a new 5 speed auto transmission. Low and behold, the car arrived with the older 4 speed transmission b/c there were delays in getting the transmissions in. Typical BMW B/S!
see, this is what i am talking about when i said things happen. not trying to be an A hole or anything, but crazy things happen and some times you just get a lemon. it happens.

what do i do if i custom build and have it delivered to the us or do ED and soemthing like this happens? what are we supposed to do? its especially more complicated with the ED because i would have already fully paid for it before i left the states.

what do we do in those cases?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #24
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMID INC View Post
i dont trust girls but do plenty of business with them.
lol, love it
      09-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #25
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

The reason for a large deposit is due to the way you optioned out the car. If you optioned out a well equipped car and you flake on it; we can sell that car. The way you want the car configured it won't sell.

AND

You're already talking about "if I don't like it."

A big deposit guarantees you don't change your mind.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #26
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

Most dealerships charge a big deposit because they don't even want to do business with you.....

I've ordered 2 custom Ms in the past 4 years...$0 outta pocket when I ordered.....
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #27
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo629 View Post
Most dealerships charge a big deposit because they don't even want to do business with you.....

I've ordered 2 custom Ms in the past 4 years...$0 outta pocket when I ordered.....
How were those cars equipped though?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #28
quiksi
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Vil View Post
The reason for a large deposit is due to the way you optioned out the car. If you optioned out a well equipped car and you flake on it; we can sell that car. The way you want the car configured it won't sell.
this is how my dealer worked - since I was getting a single hump Speed Cloth car, they wanted a $1k deposit on it - if I had gotten leather and ZCV, it would've been $0.

2011 E90 M3 6mt AW/Speed Cloth - ZCP, Moonroof, non-iDrive - PCD 12/9/10
Painted reflectors, matte black grills/gills, Deansbimmer Belly Pan, DEI Alarm, Homelink/compass retrofit, Passport MAX2 Hardwire, GP Thunder 8500K, modmy3 LED interior, Dinan Mufflers, HRE P40 19" Satin Charcoal, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0