BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

11-11-2009, 01:21 AM   #1
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
FEELER: Ceramic Black Gintani Axle-Back

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I have a mint condition ceramic black Gintani axle-back. Has approximately 2000 miles on it or less.

Reason I'm looking to sell this is because my neighbors are now threatening to contact my local sheriff station because it wakes them up at night (I come home late).

I'm open to trades, just post or PM me what you have to offer, thanks.

Located in So. Cal, 91765.

$1801 + shipping/paypal fees.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 02:26 AM   #2
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

it's THAT loud?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 02:54 AM   #3
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Must be picky neighbors; tight quarters like a townhouse/condos; lots of echos; or all of the above.

Yes, it's loud, but not that loud IMO. I've asked my neighbors about mine. Those across the street had the following to say:
  1. Wife - You have an exhaust? Well whatever, I didn't notice...I'm really not into cars.
  2. Husband - Yeah, I hear it when you come home, but it's no big deal...when are you putting it on the E92 (had it on the E93)?
  3. Wife - Exhaust?
  4. Husband - Didn't notice (he drives a F450 Diesel...which is pretty loud)
No one has complained--it probably bugs my immediate next door neighbor, but he can't say boo as he's out there at 8am on Saturdays with his damn power washer or leaf blower going full blast (when he isn't jack hammering his patio--yeah, he's a pain).

Then again, maybe I just have cool neighbors (except my power washer guy)? Who knows....

Now if you're running catless or with a mid/x-pipe combo then I could see it being a bit over the edge for the neighbors....
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 04:55 AM   #4
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
I'm running catless Gintani x-pipe. It's pretty damn loud! Sounds AMAZING... hate to give it up...

Also, the neighbors in MY gated community actually do not care. Many of them say it sounds so good they don't mind.

It's the neighborhood across from my gated community that hates it. They say when I drive up my hill (exhaust is pointed directly at their neighborhood) they say the sound ricochets throughout all the homes down there and shakes the windows and walls of their homes making their dogs bark and waking them up.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 06:35 AM   #5
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
I'm running catless Gintani x-pipe. It's pretty damn loud! Sounds AMAZING... hate to give it up...

Also, the neighbors in MY gated community actually do not care. Many of them say it sounds so good they don't mind.

It's the neighborhood across from my gated community that hates it. They say when I drive up my hill (exhaust is pointed directly at their neighborhood) they say the sound ricochets throughout all the homes down there and shakes the windows and walls of their homes making their dogs bark and waking them up.
Sweetness!!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 06:48 AM   #6
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:

Damn!

What axle-back are you going to get to replace the Gintani?
      11-11-2009, 07:48 AM   #7
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Damn!

What axle-back are you going to get to replace the Gintani?
I'm planning to get Remus Sport, but I am open to other options.

I have considered AA, Agency Power, Eisenmann Sport but so far when I combine looks, sound, and price the Remus seems to be the best choice.

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #8
Lemans_Blue_M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm planning to get Remus Sport, but I am open to other options.

I have considered AA, Agency Power, Eisenmann Sport but so far when I combine looks, sound, and price the Remus seems to be the best choice.
I agree, the Remus Sport is a very good choice.

Very high quality, nice exhaust note, at a price that is tough to beat.
      11-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #9
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

I want to do an exhaust so bad but nothing that's too loud. I leave for work at 3:30am so I don't think that a loud exhaust like the Gintani is going to cut it for my neighbors either!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
spoonf20c
let me see you become a ///Monster
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80

haha the funny thing is im pretty sure its my gf's neighborhood that you are driving through. im still trying to find a gintani system too, maybe when i get one it will take all the attention off of yours. pm on the way.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #11
DinanS52
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 AW/Bamboo M3

Quote:

Oh man, you just helped me make up my mind. Is your sale for both the exhaust and x-pipe? Do you get any CELs? All my neighboors are annoying so this will be sweet revenge.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
I want to do an exhaust so bad but nothing that's too loud. I leave for work at 3:30am so I don't think that a loud exhaust like the Gintani is going to cut it for my neighbors either!
If it's just the axle-back then it'll be fine. Pair it up with a full x-pipe then get ready for some noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecenizal View Post
haha the funny thing is im pretty sure its my gf's neighborhood that you are driving through. im still trying to find a gintani system too, maybe when i get one it will take all the attention off of yours. pm on the way.
It is your girlfriends neighborhood. They all hate me, I don't even bother driving through there anymore for the shortcut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanS52 View Post
Oh man, you just helped me make up my mind. Is your sale for both the exhaust and x-pipe? Do you get any CELs? All my neighboors are annoying so this will be sweet revenge.
I'm just selling the axle-back. You will have no CEL if you just install the axle-back. If you install Gintani's catless x-pipe you will get a CEL, but if you decide to go with their HFC option, Alex@Gintani told me there will be no CEL.

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #13
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

is it on your car still? or did you remove it? i'd actually want to hear it.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 11:15 PM   #14
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Still on my car, cars just been sitting in the garage... you are more than welcome to hear it but keep in mind I also have the Gintani catless x-pipe.

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #15
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

drive in 3rd at 2300 rpm haha thats wat i do when im in my neighborhood
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 02:12 AM   #16
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
drive in 3rd at 2300 rpm haha thats wat i do when im in my neighborhood
Ya thats what I doo but then he said he has to climb a hill so don't think that will work.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #17
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Ya thats what I doo but then he said he has to climb a hill so don't think that will work.
ohhh damn
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ..

Quote:
If it's just the axle-back then it'll be fine. Pair it up with a full x-pipe then get ready for some noise.

It is your girlfriends neighborhood. They all hate me, I don't even bother driving through there anymore for the shortcut.

I'm just selling the axle-back. You will have no CEL if you just install the axle-back. If you install Gintani's catless x-pipe you will get a CEL, but if you decide to go with their HFC option, Alex@Gintani told me there will be no CEL.
Have you considered pairing the stock rear section with the Gintani x-pipe?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #19
Lemans_Blue_M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarii View Post
Have you considered pairing the stock rear section with the Gintani x-pipe?
I think someone already did that, and it sounded TERRIBLE.
      11-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #20
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
I think someone already did that, and it sounded TERRIBLE.
umm... I have it.. i think otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #21
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
I had the RR xpipe paired with stock. Sounded okay at half throttle, sounded raspy and like a trumpet at WOT. I didn't like the quality of sound much but a big plus is there's no drone.

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #22
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I had the RR xpipe paired with stock. Sounded okay at half throttle, sounded raspy and like a trumpet at WOT. I didn't like the quality of sound much but a big plus is there's no drone.
It def does get very high pitched and raw sounding, i do agree with the drone part . I like the fact how at idle and normal driving you cannot tell that the exhaust system has been modified.
Appreciate 0