BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

10-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #23
quackbury
Monkeyazz Duck
Rep
Drives: 540 M Sport; 330; 135

Don't underestimate the WHIPLASH you got. Seriously. I had an Audi Coupe rear-ended and totalled in 1984. I was stopped to turn left into a gas station, 3 cars passed me on the right, the moron in the 4th (a Ford van) hit me square going 35 mph. Pushed me 22 feet (cops measured the skidmarks from my locked tires). Luckily my HS driving instructor (whom I despised at he time) drilled into me never to turn the wheel while stopped; if it had been turned left, Van boy would have pushed me head-on onto oncoming traffic.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that I only felt minor stiffness after the accident, but I have intermittent problems with my cervical spine as a result. Every 2 or 3 years it flares up, most recently last week. You have no idea how painful and debilitating a pinched nerve root can be till you've lived with one.

I am NOT advocating finding an ambulance chaser or "manufacturing" neck pain. But get yourself checked out. 25 years later, I am still suffering from the effects of getting rear-ended.
2008 135i
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #24
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

You should have shoved her phone down her fucking throat.
      10-05-2009, 04:07 AM   #25
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawjizams View Post
Thanks guys. I'm going to see the insurance guy tomorrow and going to the dealers body shop. I noticed today that my headrest is tilted forward all the way and cannot be adjusted back. I looked in the manual and believe its the active headrest incase of rear inpact to reduce the whiplash. Also another thing I noticed but I'm assuming its normal. The door lock button in the car only locks/unlocks when the door is closed. If the door is open the only thing I can do is unlock the door but not lock any of the other doors. Would this be normal? I guess I got too much whiplash in me.

MDCTFTW sorry about your car man, how did it work out? Did they get everything straight for you? How did your bumper color match up to the rest of the car? My main concern is the color matching part. The front is very minor but I'm thinking of just putting a euro bumper on. Does anyone know who can I go through to get a euro bumper shipped to me?
The first time they returned the car to me it was way off, but I took delivery at night ... bad idea. I really wanted the car back so I took it anyway, but over the first weekend I noticed it was slightly off. After I took it back the second time it was perfect. I really can't tell the difference and they even created the stock orange peel "feature" of BMW paint. haha.

These things are a pain in the ass, but it happens and life goes on. You're lucky it's all cosmetic. Mine happened on the freeway as traffic came to an abrupt stop for traffic ... not fun.

They shouldn't have to blend anything for bumpers, just make sure it come out like you want it.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 05:12 AM   #26
Koroush
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: nothing

I just love how other people can't drive so they destroy your car.
      10-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #27
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

You can honk your horn at people behind you too if you see something like that coming. Done it, it works! If they think you're just crazy that's fine, at least you've gotten everyone's attention for a moment and avoid a possible incident.
      10-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #28
Oh Captain My Captain
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Porsche Cayenne S

At the Steelers game yesterday, there was a guy texting while using the urinal. Common sense has left this country in the last few years and is only getting worse. I hope the repairs go smoothly for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #29
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Dayum! Not another one. Texting and driving just don't mix.

I'm really sorry to hear of your accident. I wish you well in getting it straightened out. Good luck.
      10-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #30
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Silver is hard to match but a reputable body shop should be able to make it look like nothing happened. In fact when some would be thieves drilled out my drivers side lock they scratched up the door pretty bad. After the work was done it looked 100% factory. Except this time I removed the door lock mechanism and put in a cover.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #31
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
You should have shoved her phone down her fucking throat.
...or slammed it on the ground! What's wrong with these people?!?!
      10-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #32
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Captain My Captain View Post
At the Steelers game yesterday, there was a guy texting while using the urinal. Common sense has left this country in the last few years and is only getting worse. I hope the repairs go smoothly for you.
GROSS!!!
      10-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #33
Mike V8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3 DCT

thats a burn! sorry to hear about that!
"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0