BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

10-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

competition package question

How can I order the e92 with black wheels ? I've seen some videos where they've tested e92 competition with black wheels. Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoniumTans View Post
How can I order the e92 with black wheels ? I've seen some videos where they've tested e92 competition with black wheels. Thanks !
You have to order the car through BMW Individual to get those wheels with the car. If you just want the wheels, there are several sponsors on here who sell them.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
You have to order the car through BMW Individual to get those wheels with the car. If you just want the wheels, there are several sponsors on here who sell them.
No I want to order the whole car with competition package, how much extra does it cost from bmw ? I want the cf front splitters, the cf mirrors, black grilles, and the black wheels.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No I want to order the whole car with competition package, how much extra does it cost from bmw ? I want the cf front splitters, the cf mirrors, black grilles, and the black wheels.
You will have to contact your dealer about pricing. I would suggest Ryan Amico at Steve Thomas BMW. That's where I ordered mine.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

i dont' think you can order it with black wheels, though through a deeler, you can buy it through their parts department seperately, I know doesn't help if you want to wrap it up through financing your whole car.

With your CF splitter and mirror, all that are options you can check off when you order it online, have you browsered the "Build Your Car" section on the BMW website?

With Black grills and fender, you need to buy it from a parts department again like the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
i dont' think you can order it with black wheels, though through a deeler, you can buy it through their parts department seperately, I know doesn't help if you want to wrap it up through financing your whole car.
Technic confirmed that this was indeed an option if you ordered through Individual.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Like THE TECH has stated the only shot you've at getting black wheels, kidney grilles, black side grilles and CF parts is thru the BMW Individual program. The options you are asking about are not part of the Comp Package.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

What media outlets are you seeing test cars with the black wheels?

I ask because in some countries, I believe there are provisions for ordering the black wheels. While it might still technically be through individual, the option is included on the price list when ordering the car thus making it readily available. This means that the option is more likely to be spec'd on a media car or test car for example.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #9
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
What media outlets are you seeing test cars with the black wheels?

I ask because in some countries, I believe there are provisions for ordering the black wheels. While it might still technically be through individual, the option is included on the price list when ordering the car thus making it readily available. This means that the option is more likely to be spec'd on a media car or test car for example.

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
rye m3
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

No point to get them on the car. They will cost you a fortune. As well, you can order the rear spoiler, splitters, mirror caps, even the premium carbon interior installed at the VDC. These are also a huge cost installed. The M exhaust is $4400 installed. I think the splitters are $900. The rear spoiler is only $600 installed, so it is reasonable considering you know they will glue it on and do a much better job than any dealer. Don't do the rest unless paying retail is really your favorite thing to do. Ask you dealer for the port installed option sheet; they'll have one. I had the rear spoiler done, but did the rest myself as the prices were a rip off.

2007 997S - sold
2003 E46 M3 Steel Grey on Red- sold
1997 E36 M3 Arctic Silver on Black- sold
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #11
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye m3 View Post
No point to get them on the car. They will cost you a fortune. As well, you can order the rear spoiler, splitters, mirror caps, even the premium carbon interior installed at the VDC. These are also a huge cost installed. The M exhaust is $4400 installed. I think the splitters are $900. The rear spoiler is only $600 installed, so it is reasonable considering you know they will glue it on and do a much better job than any dealer. Don't do the rest unless paying retail is really your favorite thing to do. Ask you dealer for the port installed option sheet; they'll have one. I had the rear spoiler done, but did the rest myself as the prices were a rip off.
That's true, I just thought of including it into my lease payments maybe, I'm still deciding on m3 or 550i though
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #12
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Technic confirmed that this was indeed an option if you ordered through Individual.
yes, wouldn't be cheaper, but if you need to finance the car or lease it, it'll be the only way.
Appreciate 0