BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

08-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Werkz12
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2

Issues ordering 2011 m3 comp package

I originally posted this in the genral forum but realized it may be better suited for the Pricing forum:

Im a long time reader but I have never actually posted. I come to the forums to search and over the years I have found lots of great advice and feedback here. Last week I ordered a 2011 comp package M3 and I wanted to post my experience. I was able to negotiate $500 over invoice for the car. I went to the dealership and we spec'd out the car, agreed on pricing and signed the paperwork. Today I recieve a call from the dealership stating they made a mistake and I will need to come up with an extra $1500 to complete the order. No explanation of where the extra $1500 came from. Wow! Now I understand that mistakes happen so I explained to the manager that I was willing to pay an extra $1000 if they could show me where the mistake occured, but I was not willing to pay $1500. The manager was not nice about the situation, in fact he stated "you have two choices, pay the difference or cancel the order" I was surprises considering this wasnt MY mistake. I figured I would at least get an apology and they would work with me considering we already signed the paperwork. In the end I can get the deal Im looking for at 2 other dealerships so I will still have the M3 built and recieve it within 8 weeks or so. I just wanted to get everyones feedback on this situation. My feeling is if the manager didnt liek the deal he shouldnt have approved it to begin with when I was sitting in the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
Dice13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 AW E93 M3

I would try to make them hold to the deal if you signed. My contract states they will sell at invoice price. How did you get your price if full prices are not out in September build.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
Werkz12
Second Lieutenant
Rep

As far as getting the deal I looked at the invoice pricing I found here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=132

Went in with this sheet and requested $500 over invoice.
You mention pricing is not out until Sept?

I understand even at $1500 over invoice its still a decent deal, its just the fact that I signed the deal already!!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
Dice13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by das144 View Post
As far as getting the deal I looked at the invoice pricing I found here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=132

Went in with this sheet and requested $500 over invoice.
You mention pricing is not out until Sept?

I understand even at $1500 over invoice its still a decent deal, its just the fact that I signed the deal already!!
No I mention prices are not fully out for Sep build cars yet. They will or should be out by the end of week. I would fight it for sure you signed contract.

What does your contract say. Does it say 500 over invoice. It can't have a price on all the options, cause there not out.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
Werkz12
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Interesting, I had no idea prices were not officially out for a Sept build. I figured the car would be an August build although I did hear they close the factory for a period in August. Im out in Chicago right now for work, but I will look at the contract as soon as I get home. It does list the price-Im sure of that, just not sure if it actually reads "500 over invoice"
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
Dice13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Then I don't know how they gave you price. What options you put in your car.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
Werkz12
Second Lieutenant
Rep

White (N/C)
Manual
Carbon trim
iPod
Premium sound
Black Leather (not extended)
Tech Pack
Comp Pack (ZCP)
Rear Spoiler DELETE option: N/C
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
I'd wonder if they did that on purpose. Had you agree to the deal only to hook you in and 'bully' you to fork over an additional $1500.

There was another thread of a guy who underpaid (dealership mistake). But it sounds like he really underpaid (as opposed to not being able to see where the mistake was made). And his lawyer thinks it's an open and shut case because the contract was signed.

If you had overpaid instead, they would have said, "Too bad, so sad. It's a binding contract!" They sign contracts everyday; what are the chances this was missed by the arrogant manager?

If you can get the deal elsewhere, go elsewhere, and provide this feedback about the dealership's attitude to BMW NA.
      08-04-2010, 12:00 AM   #9
Werkz12
Second Lieutenant
Rep

is it a binding contract though? Can I hold them to it?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #10
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by das144 View Post
is it a binding contract though? Can I hold them to it?
I thought contracts generally are, but I'm not a lawyer. If I didn't have a lawyer friend, I think I'd start by reading the contract I signed and/or calling BMW NA.

Perhaps a lawyer will chime in.

Still, I can't see them ever accepting to let you off the hook if you had overpaid.
      08-04-2010, 12:19 AM   #11
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Forgot to add: Last time I bought a car, I checked all the amounts on the contract against my own calculations. Took me a bit of time to double check but it was worth it to me. Maybe do that next time, so you're not left wondering? (if it's not clear on your contract??)