BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

12-05-2007, 12:55 AM   #23
Champagne
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupé

So, today is the day... I'm feeling rather excited! But something tells me that 30 minutes after I've been driving in my new car... I will still have loads of anticipation... Waiting for those 2000 km to be b-bye, and I can unleash the beast within...

Expect loads of photos by the end of this day!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 01:28 AM   #24
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

I can't wait for it. Take a picture of the millage when you pick it up too!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 02:56 AM   #25
Champagne
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I can't wait for it. Take a picture of the millage when you pick it up too!
Sure, if I can remember during all the excitement haha
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 06:14 AM   #26
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
So, today is the day... I'm feeling rather excited! But something tells me that 30 minutes after I've been driving in my new car... I will still have loads of anticipation... Waiting for those 2000 km to be b-bye, and I can unleash the beast within...

Expect loads of photos by the end of this day!
Awesome man! What a great day. Beats my day by a long shot!

Looking forward to your loads of photos.
      12-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #27
the_stranger
Captain
India
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT

Garage List
this is the best part. waiting, waiting with anxiety. these 1 or 2 days will seem longer than a month. hehe

2008 e92 M3 6MT AW/BLACK (SOLD)
2009 e92 M3 6MT AW/FR
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 04:22 PM   #28
Champagne
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stranger View Post
this is the best part. waiting, waiting with anxiety. these 1 or 2 days will seem longer than a month. hehe
HAHAHA oh trust me... The waiting is far from the best part! I'm finally home after, picking up my baby, going to school, going for a loong drive.

I might as well let you know now, that this is going to be a long... non-structured post. I'll write everything that comes into mind and in that order.

I had some slight problems with keeping the revs up when redlights turned green and everyone was expecting me to vroooooom away... Haven't gotten any "bitchstops" yet though.... But there's been 2-3 close times! My car is so fully loaded that I've been sitting in my garage for the last 2 hours just figuring out all the crazy stuff it has, the soundpackage... Voice control, Mdrive and such... It's soo freaking hard to keep it under 5 500rpm (but according to my dealer, I should try to keep myself below 5k rpm).

Before I placed my order for this M3 I almost bought a M6 (almost new, 5 000km), what made me change my mind was two major things.
1. The backseat where.... Actually fine... But the roof was waaay to low, would be a terrible experience to ride in the back from Sweden to Spain or anywhere... I'm 1.89meters and I had to tilt my head almost 90 degrees.
2. Considering 507 bhp V10, already been broken in, and my limited time with a drivers license I probably have killed myself before I got out of the dealers parking lot.

My new M3 solves both those problems. I have to run it in myself, which makes me get somewhat familiar with the car, and the backseat is not like in a sedan for people over 1.85meters but it works out rather nice I must say. Loves it!

This engine is sooo strong that it's unbelievable... When going in 45km/h it wants me to put in the 6th gear, to minimize fuel consumption... Imagine that, The first gear can rev higher than that...

And the interior... Don't get me started! It's truly the definition of perfect! In Sweden it's now winter-season (without snow though...), which means it gets dark at about 2pm. The way the dashboard with the speedometer and revolutionmeter light up.... The way the audio volume knob lights up and feels... It better than looking into space... The atmosphere in the drivers environment is everything you could have hoped for.

Another thing that is... well, both great and terrible... Is the attention you get. In Sweden BMW is a car for the rich, middle class and poor have a hard time buying one. Now, imagine yourself a 19 year old guy, running a new BMW M3, which most of the people haven't seen in real life before. Next to everyone turns their head. It's great to get some attention once in a while, but envy can be evil.

I went for the extended leather, and I would really recommend it. The carbon-fiber trim extends into the door as well, making a nice contrast with the black extended leather.

I've been reading about people complaining about the steering and the thick steering wheel. Now, I'm a quite big person (and by that I don't mean fat), and I feel the steering wheel to be perfect, why would you really wanna wrap your hands around the steering wheel twice with each hand? The steering itself seems to be working just fine for me, I haven't been driven it hardcore, I don't know what exactly is the perfect feedback a steering should give you but I'm well satisfied.

At first I had some complaints about the backseat which I think should be expressed... It was so freaking hard to get into! But then I found the magic button.... First you tilt the seats back forward... Then just below of the lever, there's a button like this
[<---|--->]
You press it ---> and the seat goes forward leaving loads of space for your backseat passenger to enter without leaving shoemarks and such on the soft leather...

I also had a small accident, which made me really mad....

When going home from the schools parking space, I had to reverse down from a small pavement. I went reaaaally slowly but still... It... How do you say this...? Hit the ground a little? Now the thing was... I figured that comfort mode on the suspension (I have EDC), would be the best way to get down from small pavements (about 4-6 cm). Well clearly I was wrong! When I got home and read through the manual, it said that I should use the sport suspension when going off/on pavements or bumpy roads... It didn't get any damages, just something you all should be noticing for your big days.

All in all, I had skyhigh expectations, and the new BMW M3 exceeded those by far.

Just gotta get those freaking 2 000 km behind me!

Edit:
Oh yeah... Forgot the second bad thing... The stupid manual that comes in this beautiful leather cover.. Refuses to fit in the glove box!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 04:23 PM   #29
Champagne
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Pictures will be added tomorrow, I got a picture of the kilometers at delivery as well, 11km.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 04:54 PM   #30
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Congrats Champers. I'm envious (also that you could afford a m3 at 19 )
Good luck and no more bottoming out. I expect you have snow tires for it - are you having any trouble w/ wheelspin?

Looking forward to the pics - and avoid those evil looks!

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 05:13 PM   #31
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Congrats! Enjoy your car.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 06:16 PM   #32
Pancho
Commander
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW 530i

Excellent news. Enjoy your M3.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #33
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Congrats brother, I'm so happy for you. Thanks for the review!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #34
the_stranger
Captain
India
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT

Garage List
wow, have a Blast! By the way, I am 19 too.

2008 e92 M3 6MT AW/BLACK (SOLD)
2009 e92 M3 6MT AW/FR
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #35
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Love the write-up!! I can sense the joy in your words. Keep it coming!!

Odd, about the manual fitting. Seems really biazzare.
      12-05-2007, 07:15 PM   #36
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Congrats on finally taking ownership of it.

I'm curious on what other cars you've owned to help give your review on the steering some context. Have you spent much time in other BMW's?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:02 AM   #37
Champagne
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Congrats on finally taking ownership of it.

I'm curious on what other cars you've owned to help give your review on the steering some context. Have you spent much time in other BMW's?
Thanks for yours and all the others congratulations

I haven't had any sport cars registered in my name, but in my fathers. Porsche 911 Turbo (atm), Ferrari F430, BMW Z4. We currently own BMW 535d touring, 745LI. Now, the porsches steering is fine, it is. And I really can't pinpoint what it is about the M3's that I like so much. Same goes for the others. The Z4 though has the tendency to wanna throw the back out just as soon as you think about a slight turn, which requires you to be alert. The 7-series steering is waaaay to light, in fact, it's so light that if you go fast into an intersection, and hammer the throttle right in the middle of cornering. Now that you are going to straight it up again, the steering could easily go the other way! Now... I'm never on a racetrack, I kind of make... empty public roads my racetrack whenever I feel like it. Just my opinion. None of these cars steering is bad, but I'm just saying that I haven't experienced anything like this in the M3's. It just works!

"Good luck and no more bottoming out. I expect you have snow tires for it - are you having any trouble w/ wheelspin?"

Yes indeed do I have winter tires. But it's still between 0c to +4c in Sweden and the road hasn't gotten icy yet, therefore I haven't had any trouble with wheel spin even though the road is really wet and could possibly be under chilled. We'll just have to wait to see what happens when the snow starts coming.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:10 AM   #38
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
Porsche 911 Turbo (atm), Ferrari F430, BMW Z4. We currently own BMW 535d touring, 745LI.
If your comparing the feeling of the M3 to that of all those cars above and not finding any real fault... I'm impressed. And very happy.

Can't wait until you get some pictures up!!!!!! /nudge

And keep enjoying 'er.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 07:29 AM   #39
Bastet
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 aka 'Batmobile'

Congratulations Champagne ! Enjoy your car and let those jealous Swedes boil in their juice. I loved reading your post (being originally from Finland) and I understand you so well I'm looking forward to seing the photos soon !
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 09:07 AM   #40
mhutchins14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG 2017 340i, 6sp, MPPSK

Thanks for the info Champagne.......like everyone else......anxiously waiting to see pics of your new baby!!! Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #41
gbb357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IS300

Congrats on your new baby, can't wait to see some pics. Good luck and have fun.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #42
bobr2001
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F11

No pics = no M3! Until we see pics it's all just talk
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #43
Ray33
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White M3

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #44
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray33 View Post
Not to him, he's probably out driving as I would be.
Appreciate 0