BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

EXXEL Distributions

06-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

Old School Bimmers

So today I was going through maintenance items that I've taken care of with my E90 and the various upgrades I've done here and there and started wondering what it would take to get a classic back into fighting shape again. I've poked around for a couple of models that I'm very interested in lately, an E21(the 1st Bimmer I ever owned) and an E23. It seems decent parts can still be easily sourced and there's enough old school enthusiasts around that may lend a hand or even indy shops that can do the work if needed. Back in the day, working on my 320i was usually a breeze since I had access to high speed equipment on post, but not these days. So for those of you with older BMW's, say 80's and older, is it more a labor of love for you or mostly just "maintaining" once everything's at or near 100%? I'm seriously considering getting a classic again(if I can find a decent 80's era 733 or 745) once I pay this current one off.