BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

BPM

12-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
Mr. Incredible
Rep
Drives: '13 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

Hey Denver guys! Advice needed.

Hey guys,

I'm a Phoenician looking at a 2011 M3 in Fort Collins. I'm pretty much ready to pull the trigger, but I have a few concerns.

1. For a PPI, would you recommend Co's BMW or SCR Performance?
1a. Rationale?

2. The car has summer tires on it and I obviously have to drive from Fort Collins to Phoenix. I would likely take the Interstate down to ABQ and then over to Flag. This weekend is supposed to be sunny and clear, but I've never driven that particular route before. Is this stupid?

I would likely stop overnight ABQ because I don't want to drive when the temps drop if there is water/potential ice on the road.

Does anyone have a spare set of snows (or at least all seasons) that I could "rent" and ship back when I get to Phoenix?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

1 - SCR Performance. I know the guys there & they'll be thorough. Dealers (although I've heard good things about Co's in general)... meh. SCR has my E36 racecar right now (#75), say hi.
2 - Not recommended, but if the roads look clear, then you'll probably be fine. The only thing you'll likely notice is that the tires will get really hard in colder temps and you'll feel every bump.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
Mr. Incredible
Rep

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
fsmtnbiker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evora S, E36

I work for Weston Auto Gallery (I'm the service manager.) Feel free to email me if you have any specific questions about the car (I have an E90 M3 and... I know a bit more than the sales guys do.) Chris@WestonAutoGallery.com

I previously worked at SCR Performance. They will do a thorough inspection and are probably better suited to it than the dealer (who will just tell you it has non-oem wheels and corner lights...)

We do an inspection on the car when we get it (and that particular car is still under factory warranty/maint) but I can understand wanting a 3rd party opinion. Our inspection is available to you as well, if you'd like to see it.

Roads are fine and totally clear. As long as the forecast stays nice you'll have no issues getting from here to Phoenix (although you may want to bring a radar detector to avoid any other "issues" that may arise!)
      12-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
Mr. Incredible
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
I work for Weston Auto Gallery (I'm the service manager.) Feel free to email me if you have any specific questions about the car (I have an E90 M3 and... I know a bit more than the sales guys do.) Chris@WestonAutoGallery.com

I previously worked at SCR Performance. They will do a thorough inspection and are probably better suited to it than the dealer (who will just tell you it has non-oem wheels and corner lights...)

We do an inspection on the car when we get it (and that particular car is still under factory warranty/maint) but I can understand wanting a 3rd party opinion. Our inspection is available to you as well, if you'd like to see it.

Roads are fine and totally clear. As long as the forecast stays nice you'll have no issues getting from here to Phoenix (although you may want to bring a radar detector to avoid any other "issues" that may arise!)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012, E92 DCT M3

Garage List
Le Mans Blue Metallic with the Fox Red Novillo Extended Leather Interior?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
Mr. Incredible
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT VAN ROCK View Post
Le Mans Blue Metallic with the Fox Red Novillo Extended Leather Interior?
That's the one.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012, E92 DCT M3

Garage List
Nice, looks good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible View Post