BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

05-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Doing Euro delivery solo.

I'm doing euro delivery in June but my gf is unable to go with me and I'm not paying for my frak buddies to go so I'll be doing the trip alone. Once I take delivery I'll mostly be driving around to see the sights in Switzerland and Austria and a trip to The Ring. It's only a week trip and I found a bunch of quaint little bed and breakfast places to stay in to avoid the big hotels. Now I just get to focus on driving and going where I want but give up having a girl there and sharing the experience with someone.

Anybody else do the trip by yourself? Any advice?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
I'm doing euro delivery in June but my gf is unable to go with me and I'm not paying for my frak buddies to go so I'll be doing the trip alone. Once I take delivery I'll mostly be driving around to see the sights in Switzerland and Austria and a trip to The Ring. It's only a week trip and I found a bunch of quaint little bed and breakfast places to stay in to avoid the big hotels. Now I just get to focus on driving and going where I want but give up having a girl there and sharing the experience with someone.

Anybody else do the trip by yourself? Any advice?
Just make sure that those "quaint little bed and breakfast places" have proper parking.

You could request another date in June if not late to do so, perhaps then your gf can go.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Just make sure that those "quaint little bed and breakfast places" have proper parking.

You could request another date in June if not late to do so, perhaps then your gf can go.
I already changed the date once but she is going to South Korea for a school thing for the summer and can't make it.

And the very first thing I checked and confirmed by email was that the bed and breakfast places had private parking!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #4
cwg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 ZCP. AZB on black

My advice is score a choice Swiss babe
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 01:38 AM   #5
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwg View Post
My advice is score a choice Swiss babe
Haha that's on the todo list!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 03:40 AM   #6
Genro757
///M-Flight VP
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
I live here in Germany...and have been doing an "extended" Euro delivery since my first M3 back in 2008. The weather here in Germany should be pretty good by then...my recommendations: after doing all the BMW stuff in Munich....check out Garching...where M Headquarters is...speak with your SA and maybe he/she has enough pull to get you an appointment to see the ///M Studio. While still in Bavaria....schedule a tour with the BMW Regensburg Plant...thats where our ///M3's are finally assembled...and a far better up close and personal tour than the one given in Munich. Austria and Switzerland are great places...just pay very close attention to the speed limits and make sure to get a "Vignette" for both countries....eventhough the roads and scenery is beautiful....taking in all the scenery at a high speed..is a pretty hefty ticket for both countries.

Also....let me know when you plan on going to the "Ring" me and a few friends might join ya =)

Any other questions...feel free to shoot me a PM!
      05-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genro757 View Post
I live here in Germany...and have been doing an "extended" Euro delivery since my first M3 back in 2008. The weather here in Germany should be pretty good by then...my recommendations: after doing all the BMW stuff in Munich....check out Garching...where M Headquarters is...speak with your SA and maybe he/she has enough pull to get you an appointment to see the ///M Studio. While still in Bavaria....schedule a tour with the BMW Regensburg Plant...thats where our ///M3's are finally assembled...and a far better up close and personal tour than the one given in Munich. Austria and Switzerland are great places...just pay very close attention to the speed limits and make sure to get a "Vignette" for both countries....eventhough the roads and scenery is beautiful....taking in all the scenery at a high speed..is a pretty hefty ticket for both countries.
And when in Regensburg, make sure you hit the Altstadt (old part of town), and have lunch at the Historisches Wurstkuchl right on the Danube River. Gorgeous spot, and excellent meal. Wish I were there right now.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #8
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

Also....let me know when you plan on going to the "Ring" me and a few friends might join ya =)

That sounds like a great trip.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #9
Genro757
///M-Flight VP
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
And when in Regensburg, make sure you hit the Altstadt (old part of town), and have lunch at the Historisches Wurstkuchl right on the Danube River. Gorgeous spot, and excellent meal. Wish I were there right now.
I live about 10 minutes away...and had lunch there at the Wurstkuchl today =) Weather isnt great right now...rainy and about 45degrees...but should be better by the weekend
      05-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #10
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Haha that's on the todo list!
I assume the gf does not read your posts on the forum...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks. I will be at the Ring on Sunday June 16th. The BMW ring taxi isn't available that day and was hoping I would find somebody I could ride along with for some spirited laps if anyone was going to be there anyway! And I will try to find out about the M headquarters. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
I assume the gf does not read your posts on the forum...
I'm allowed to do whatever as long as there is no emotions involved and I always come back to her at the end of the day. I just have to always keep her informed and she can change her mind about my activities whenever she chooses.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #12
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

I picked up solo and had an absolute blast!
The week will fly by very quickly. Take advantage and use any of the time when you are actually alone as a spiritual retreat, or to introspectively reflect, review, plan, re-align, etc. otherwise, don't be afraid to talk with the locals, fellow travelers, hotel workers, etc. along your journey-it can lead to some fun and memorable experiences you may not have planned for. Just about everyone I met was courteous, hospitable, kind, or outright fun. I still communicate with two people I met there.

The biggest thing that helped to close the deal with the local chickies was to show them that you were at least trying with the language. Once I had a few words and phrases down it was easy. Also, keep smiling.

"...Entschuldigen Sie mich Schönheitskönigin..."

You're going to have the time of your life, so make sure to take lots of photos too.

Viel Spaß!

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
ss-ilt
Rep
Drives: '12or'13 Indiv M3

solo no prob!

i did euro delivery back in November 2012, solo as well... w/o the lady

best time of my life!!! no, I didn't go to the red light district every day..

basically my M.O. was to DO ME... it's been a while since I could do whatever I want, whenever I want.. I backpacked from Paris>Amsterdam>Munich>Madrid>Barcelona for almost 3 weeks... I did my homework on the internet and gorged on great food, went shopping, and jogged around the Eiffel tower, Olympia park, and other beautiful landmarks.. saw the original Moulin rouge show, went to camp nou & watched fcbarcelona defeat celtic/Glasgow (i'm hooked on "football" now)

**be open-minded, step out of your comfort zone every once in a & while, and you'll have an awesome time, just as I did..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #14
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Wear a rubber. You don't want to have to explain that new rash you got while in Europe
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #15
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss-ilt View Post
i did euro delivery back in November 2012, solo as well... w/o the lady

best time of my life!!! no, I didn't go to the red light district every day..

basically my M.O. was to DO ME... it's been a while since I could do whatever I want, whenever I want.. I backpacked from Paris>Amsterdam>Munich>Madrid>Barcelona for almost 3 weeks... I did my homework on the internet and gorged on great food, went shopping, and jogged around the Eiffel tower, Olympia park, and other beautiful landmarks.. saw the original Moulin rouge show, went to camp nou & watched fcbarcelona defeat celtic/Glasgow (i'm hooked on "football" now)

**be open-minded, step out of your comfort zone every once in a & while, and you'll have an awesome time, just as I did..
Thats great advice. I will make sure I try to step out of what would normally be my comfort zone, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
Wear a rubber. You don't want to have to explain that new rash you got while in Europe
Appreciate 0