BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

02-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #23
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNg335i View Post
You don't need to spend 20k dude

2k v2
2k dp=cb exhaust
2k cai+intercooler

6k and the 33i will smoke the mighty m3 anyday.

Kinda new here, but I would like to suggest (like most my posts) that many details are overlooked.

PRocede voids your warranty
CB exhaust is illegal
Cold Air Intake and Intercooler is more than $2k.

I am in the market for such a vehicle and have roamed many boards dissecting the details. A modded 335i or possibly a 135i is still on the table for me, but people tend to cut corners and completely dismiss the illegality of their choices.

I would guess that you would also have to invest heavily in an aftermarket suspension before a 335i approaches the M's turf.

Or am I way off base here?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 01:27 AM   #24
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb3rs View Post
Kinda new here, but I would like to suggest (like most my posts) that many details are overlooked.

PRocede voids your warranty
CB exhaust is illegal
Cold Air Intake and Intercooler is more than $2k.

I am in the market for such a vehicle and have roamed many boards dissecting the details. A modded 335i or possibly a 135i is still on the table for me, but people tend to cut corners and completely dismiss the illegality of their choices.

I would guess that you would also have to invest heavily in an aftermarket suspension before a 335i approaches the M's turf.

Or am I way off base here?

PLUS.... the world is not flat and straight. it happens to have curves and corners....

new suspension, springs , shocks, brakes,
new lim slip diff
sport seats
CF roof.
etc
etc.

I have seen so many people buy the cheaper BMW over the years and try to mod it to beat the real thing, in the end they saccrifice thier wallet and the car warranty. just buy the best damn sotck BMW you can afford and live with the car the way BMW intended it.
      02-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #25
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

i can care less if the 335i is faster than the m3 with a piggyback.. 0-60 under 5 seconds is plenty fast for me. at the end of the day, there is still a huge difference between the 335 and the m3 from aesthetics to the driving factor. everyone who says theyre 335 is faster than a m3 still, at the end of the day, wishes or would not mind being in a m3.

Trust me guys, the m3 is not about the 0-60 and quarter times. and lastly, this has been beaten to DEATH. I dont know what else you guys need to hear.

Bottom line is.. YES the 335i a capable of overtaking a m3 with minor mods. YES the 335 is not a M3. YES the 335 will never be a M3. YES the 335 will never come with edc, power dome hood, bigger brakes, 19" wheels, high revving v8, quad exhaust, carbon fiber roof, rear diff, ///m inspired seats, ///m gauges, special leather, ///m suspension with their 335. Face it guys, stop lying to yourselfs and telling yourself that 335 is "better" because it has a better 60 and a quarter time.. Thats certainly impressive after Vishnu's piggyback but there is a good reason why the base price has a difference of over 15k.. Common sense.. Right?
      02-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #26
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=MarkNg335i;2141135]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
PLUS.... the world is not flat and straight. it happens to have curves and corners....
QUOTE]

My 335i stock is as balance as your e46 and can pull corner better!
Plus i don't see too many race track in my neighborhood so i don't know what you're talking about.
bla bla blaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... oh yea your e92 is the best car in the world. respectively a boxster S can eat your car in the corners and it has a open differential. did you know that? get over yourself.
      02-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #27
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
California must be the historic breeding ground for 335i fans. There must be millions of them, no end in sight, and they can't discern a true sports car from a loaf of bread.

I already see the rush for M parts and badges on 335i's on the little sister forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #28
spearfisher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

tempers tempers, hey anyone can make a rust bucket do 9's in the 1/4 mile, but it's the complete package and driving enjoyment that makes the car.

the M3 is a car that is designed to be a sports car

but you have to admit the 335 is a nice ride also, not tweaked as the M3 is but, put some $$ into it and it's one hell of a performer, as much as many don't want to admit it, tweak it and it will give a lot of good performing cars trouble, including the M3.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 02:47 AM   #29
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

Then why

[QUOTE=MarkNg335i;2143049]
Quote:
Originally Posted by a burrito View Post

My 335i stock is as balance as your e46 and can pull corner better!
Plus i don't see too many race track in my neighborhood so i don't know what you're talking about.

Dude...first of all you need to take that turtle back to the e90 forum.

The 335i is the 335i not a M3 nor do i want it to be a m3.
The 335i is a special 3 series with a lot of potential.
The M3 is a v8 3 series with a "M" badge.
Don't try to turn the M3 into a freaking Ferrari.
Are you posting on the M3 Forum, in broken english, with no experience in an
M3, and shouting that a production 335 is a special car. If you indeed live in San Jose, or own a 335 that is your own then you are near Laguna Seca
one of the better Race Tracks in the United States.

An M3 on a track (one with multiple corners going several directions)
will lap faster than a Boxster S with a competant driver behind the wheel

Have you noticed that you talk more about yourself and car are defensive of the 335 on an M-3 board AND YOU HAVE NEVER DRIVEN AN M3 !! HAVE YOU EVEN DRIVEN A MODDED 335 ?

There are many car companies around the world that make wonderful cars
the 335 is one (own one) and after driving it on the same loop here in Germany as the M-3, there is (IMHO) no comparison.

Remember the Germans pay 88K Euros for a loaded M-3
at the present exchange rate that is equal to $128K USD !

It has to be good to compete with Porsche, MB, and Even Ferrari in the
World Market

After reviewing your posts , it is obvious that America is the land of english, learn it, if must ask how to lay rubber with an Automatic you need drivers
training. Larger wheels do not always make a car handle better.

If you are going to (dis)respect the M3, drive one first ! then you have something to discuss.

BMW made it clear, had they wanted to make a 6 cylinder M they have the technology.

From Germany
      02-14-2008, 03:12 AM   #30
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

looking back to the OP, looks like the inevitable has occured. can we not be civil?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 05:35 AM   #31
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNg335i View Post
I'm not exactly sure why you are so proud of his comments. You hail your 335 as if it is the best thing that has happened to you and yet i can only see you agreeing about the comment that a 335 has great potential.. Which it does.

I don't think you get my point and im sorry i bring my turtle range rover into this forum but at a point I did have a e90 330 and I do enjoy myself indulging in the 3 series forums. My apologies. Anyways, if i were to tell you why I bought my Range Rover SS you would probably tell me its horrible because its not as fast as your twin turbocharged super fast super good super crazy 335i..

Bottom line is this: the 335i has great potential but the M3 is still in a different league. That is, stock for stock. After a 335i has been modded one can argue that it will not be nearly as reliable as in initial form. When you mod a car, you take an opportunity cost to get that piece of enjoyment or advancement. I don't think you understand this and if you are at an adult age, I feel really bad for you. I hope you don't own a business and if you do I can only geuss where you are at with the conditions of the economy.

You cant compare a modded X to a non modded X. Its got to be apples to apples. Get it? Nobody is saying the 335i is a pos car. Realistically, it is FAR from a POS car.

Back to the op. Yes we (at least I) agree that the m3 quarter and 60 time is faster. If we are comparing apples to apples here.
      02-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #32
murellus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 x3m40i

Why do you guys even bother entertaining this nonsense...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread