BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #23
dimabimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Maybe your M3 is thirsty and wants you to pull over to the gas station?
      11-12-2011, 02:03 AM   #24
bluekn8286
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 BMW M3 Dinan S1

I am having the exact same problem you are describing. I had it aligned at 2 different dealerships and a BWM employee came out to inspect. BMW claims its operating to factory specs, but I am still disappointed. The only option I have left is to take it to a reputable shop and get a second opinion. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what to do
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 02:29 AM   #25
robb7979
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by siwon66 View Post
what do you do when a heli pulls to the right on the runway or helipad?
Get out and learn to fly a plane?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 07:08 AM   #26
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

I know there is no comparison between the vehicles, but I had the exact same problem on a Dodge Ram truck I ordered once, and despite all of the dealer efforts, the could never fix it. I was too young at the time to be forceful enough to make them keep the POS. Good luck and let us know if you get resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #27
cpiguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekn8286 View Post
I am having the exact same problem you are describing. I had it aligned at 2 different dealerships and a BWM employee came out to inspect. BMW claims its operating to factory specs, but I am still disappointed. The only option I have left is to take it to a reputable shop and get a second opinion. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what to do
The car is now over 2 years old and the problem never got resolved. I was going to keep it and add it to my small collection of cars, but due to this issue, I've decided to sell it when my new M5 arrives.

CPIGUY
2017 Ferrari 488 Spider
2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
2019 BMW X5 MSport, in coming
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #28
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

find an empty road. drive on left side and see if the car tends to pull left or tracks straight. it will confirm your alignment. pull left then you are just a little over sensitive to the car. honestly i think they all follow the curve of the road to some extent. if it tracks straight, then there is an alignment issue. what you want is a print out of the toe setting. better yet, go to Westend Alignment in Gardena. ask for Darin (owner). He is best in the business. old school. if it still pulls one way or the other, he will redo the alignment until its perfect.
      11-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #29
cpiguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
find an empty road. drive on left side and see if the car tends to pull left or tracks straight. it will confirm your alignment. pull left then you are just a little over sensitive to the car. honestly i think they all follow the curve of the road to some extent. if it tracks straight, then there is an alignment issue. what you want is a print out of the toe setting. better yet, go to Westend Alignment in Gardena. ask for Darin (owner). He is best in the business. old school. if it still pulls one way or the other, he will redo the alignment until its perfect.
I don't have much to add accept that I've done about everything possible without resolution. After 3 alignment shops, the best BMW mechanic in town, and 2 tire shops shrugged their shoulders, I just gave up.

Love everything about this car, accept for that.

CPIGUY
2017 Ferrari 488 Spider
2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
2019 BMW X5 MSport, in coming
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #30
raywong
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92M3

I feel for you man! I spent months trying to figure this out. 2 alignments done, report were perfect. height were checked all corners. tires are new re-11, swap test to rule out tire error, bearings and brakes were inspected and seem normal. don't know what else to do, but I still suspect the brake is slightly sticking because sometimes the car don't roll in neutral as freely as my other cars.

I get so mad when people don't believe me they keep telling me "this is within spec", "your tires are deformed", "the road is tilted", "you are imagining it"....
Appreciate 0