BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

05-28-2008, 03:10 PM   #1
FrenchBoy
Lieutenant Colonel
France
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3

Owner's Manual for E90 M3 WITHOUT Nav/iDrive?

I am planning to order an '09 E90 without Nav or Technology package, but with EDC. Don't care for the iDrive much.

Does anyone have the Owner's Manual as a PDF file for the non-Nav E90?

Thanks,

Current: 2016 F80 M3 6-Speed | SO | AB XT1 | ZCP | M Performance Suspension | GC Camber Plates
Previous: 2009 E90 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

I believe only the E92 (coupe) manual has been posted on the Internet. And I'm pretty sure that the manual for the non-iDrive car is the same as the one's that have iDrive. They just treat it as an option in the manual.
      05-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
FrenchBoy
Lieutenant Colonel
France
Rep

I believe you are referring to this thread

It does not seem to have any info about a non-iDrive car.

Current: 2016 F80 M3 6-Speed | SO | AB XT1 | ZCP | M Performance Suspension | GC Camber Plates
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 04:43 AM   #4
invitation
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: toyota 2.OD

hi,
You're going to want to check this out to get an idea of everything new coming in the E90 M3 Manual for drive. There is a ton of info on the diesel products coming as well, so if you're in the market for a diesel 3er you'll want to check this out for sure and if you're wondering what BMW is doing with the new iDrive there is tons of info as well!
      03-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & E46 M3

BMW has it online.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
apostille
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Manual six-speed gearbox with integrated, temperature-controlled oil cooling, two-disc clutch optimised for mass inertia.

- MDrive serving to set and retrieve the driver’s specific configuration of the engine control map, the suspension and DSC set-up, as well as the Servotronic control map as an additional option.
- All-new chassis and suspension with specific, weight-optimised components as well as BMW M axle kinematics for a highly dynamic driving experience, use of forged aluminium track control arms, compound high-performance brake system, optional EDC Electronic Damper Control with three selectable control maps.

- Authentic BMW M design accentuating the car’s athletic stance, aluminium engine compartment lid with striking powerdome as a clear sign of superior muscle, characteristic front end with large air intakes, widely flared wheel arches.

- “Gills” in the front side panels, M-specific side-sills even more widely flared towards the rear of the car highlighting the philosophy of rear-wheel drive, discreet spoiler lip reducing lift forces on the rear axle, dual tailpipes characteristic of BMW M.

- 2008 BMW M3 Sedan with front-end design matching the Coupe as an expression of the specific look and high-performance character of the BMW M3; side-sills, “gills” and rear air dam in unique design oriented to the clear elegance so typical of a BMW Sedan.

- Body structure with extremely high torsional strength and resistance; all-round occupant protection reflecting the very demanding safety standards of the BMW Group; six airbags, three-point inertia-reel seat belts on all seats, belt latch tensioners, belt force limiters and central safety electronics for appropriate control and management of the car’s restraint systems all featured as standard; bi-xenon dual headlights featured as standard, optional Adaptive Headlights
Interior in high quality and superior design with a wide range of customisation options; innovative colour and materials concept; five seats; BMW Individual High End Audio System with 9-channel amplifier and 16 high-performance loudspeakers as an option; model-specific paintwork and equipment variants underlining the exclusive character of the new 2008 BMW M3 Sedan.
      04-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #7
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
I believe only the E92 (coupe) manual has been posted on the Internet. And I'm pretty sure that the manual for the non-iDrive car is the same as the one's that have iDrive. They just treat it as an option in the manual.
My '08 E93 manual is iDrive-free. Not sure if this is still true for '09 though.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

The iDrive cars have all the same buttons and controls as non-iDrive cars, depending upon the other equipped options. The main difference in an iDrive car is that you have at least two ways of controlling those functions (with the buttons or with the iDrive).

However, the same manual describes how those non-iDrive functions work.
      04-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #9
car-zone
Car Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic

The BMW M3 is a high-performance version of the BMW 3 Series compact car, developed by BMW's branch BMW M. M3 models have been derived from the E30, E36, E46 and E90/E92/E93 3-series, and sold with coupé, sedan and convertible body styles.
MDrive serving to set and retrieve the driver’s specific configuration of the engine control map, the suspension and DSC set-up, as well as the Servotronic control map as an additional option.
All-new chassis and suspension with specific, weight-optimised components as well as BMW M axle kinematics for a highly dynamic driving experience, use of forged aluminium track control arms, compound high-performance brake system, optional EDC Electronic Damper Control with three selectable control maps.
Authentic BMW M design accentuating the car’s athletic stance, aluminium engine compartment lid with striking powerdome as a clear sign of superior muscle, characteristic front end with large air intakes, widely flared wheel arches.
Common upgrades over the "standard" 3-Series automobiles include more powerful and responsive (yet at times smaller)
engines, improved handling/suspension, more aggressive aerodynamics/body, and multiple interior/exterior accents with the "M"/Motorsport nomenclature.
      11-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #10
schnazz1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Also looking for owners manual for 2008 335xi (without iDrive)

Hi everyone. I am really enjoying my '08 335xi but it came only with owners manual in German and I need one in English AND non-iDrive. My dealer is telling me the only manual available for the car is the iDrive version ...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #11
FrenchBoy
Lieutenant Colonel
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnazz1 View Post
Hi everyone. I am really enjoying my '08 335xi but it came only with owners manual in German and I need one in English AND non-iDrive. My dealer is telling me the only manual available for the car is the iDrive version ...
PM sent.

go to http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/owner/dgh.aspx
and browse around.

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

If you log in to the Owner's Circle on bmwusa.com, it will list the manual for your car's VIN.
Appreciate 0