BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

01-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #23
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRider23 View Post
Couldn't you just not use your Fogs for a week or two until the snow cleared up and save yourself $40?
Yea, but it's winter in Boston. Temp hasn't gone above 35 in weeks - not ideal to work on my car w/o Mechanix gloves, etc.

Oh well, it's done. Thanks for the input guys.
      01-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #24
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60

For $41 you could have gotten an HID kit and then got it installed for $30 more.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #25
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by aretardedorange View Post
For $41 you could have gotten an HID kit and then got it installed for $30 more.
Not my taste, but glad you enjoy them!
      01-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #26
VinnieAces
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Imola Red Z4MC

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
Gotcha.

Bulb blew.

He said 1/2 hour labor. Don't know where the other charges are from as we spoke briefly on the phone.

Seems like $90/hr (right) for labor and maybe $40 for the bulb. He said they remove the wheel because it is a fog housing. I would change that shit myself but there is 6 inches of snow on the ground and I do not have a garage.

No, I do not need to be close with my SA, as I hope to not seem him, EVER.

Appreciate the opinions.
u sir, have THE best sig clip i've ever seen
      01-19-2011, 03:17 AM   #27
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
usually if they do some outstanding job, I tend to get them a bottle of wine, or a nice bottle of alcohol or some sweets or something.

They really appreciate it, it sets me back some 40$, but the gesture means more to them than the cash

Around xmas I give my sales guy and the staff that helps me out the same thing
the body shop guy, my SA, the sales guy, the guy at the car rental, and the lady at financial services usually
      01-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #28
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I always bring my SA a cup of joe in the morning (strong and black, just like he likes his men). I always leave the dealership in a loaner, even if it's from the rental car agency on site. When they email me a service questionaire, I always mention him BY NAME, that he is the only reason I come back there.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #29
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M CBM

Havent given any gifts/money to my SA, but I do take the time to talk to him for a while. Its not about car stuff, but about his family, vacations, etc. If they get to know you and like you, they will look out for you (my car seems to get in whenever I need it to). His wife is also a photographer so we have used her for family pics and stuff. It NEVER hurts to have your SA on your side. You dont know when you really might need him
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #30
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Who are you people talking about your service advisors like they are BFFs? Damn... I don't know who I've talked to 3 minutes after I drop my car off.. I grab a card so I have a phone number/name when I'm trying to track progress.

Unless there is major issue with the car I don't even GO to the dealership except for maintenance (maybe once a year) let alone with the sole purpose to chat it up/bring my SA boxes of chocolate/wine/presents like I'm DTF.

Maybe all of you are the reason my repairs take so long... my SA is too busy having his knob slobbered on by everyone to talk to the service tech and get me an update.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #31
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

I sometimes tip my SA. If he goes out of the way and gets me in and out as quickly as possible why not?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #32
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M CBM

And thats why my repairs/updates do NOT take so long
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #33
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdadkel View Post
And thats why my repairs/updates do NOT take so long
Haha.. I doubt it. It's proboby more than you spent $90Gs on a car. Dealerships like to keep the high-rollers happy so you'll buy another one in two years.

To think that your SA has any real tangible pull with what happens in the work bays is kind of naive if you ask me. Each task (regular service or repairs) has specific ammounts of time assigned to them... It doesn't benefit the service tech at all to rush through these time frames to get your car out faster. Think about it, if shit goes south after a repair, who is more likely loose their job? The SA or the Tech?

Anyway, If you guys can justify it I guess go for it. I won't be kissing any SA's ass any time soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #34
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I always bring my SA a cup of joe in the morning (strong and black, just like he likes his men). I always leave the dealership in a loaner, even if it's from the rental car agency on site. When they email me a service questionaire, I always mention him BY NAME, that he is the only reason I come back there.

I'm strong and black....If your SA is a woman send her my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Who are you people talking about your service advisors like they are BFFs? Damn... I don't know who I've talked to 3 minutes after I drop my car off.. I grab a card so I have a phone number/name when I'm trying to track progress.

Unless there is major issue with the car I don't even GO to the dealership except for maintenance (maybe once a year) let alone with the sole purpose to chat it up/bring my SA boxes of chocolate/wine/presents like I'm DTF.

Maybe all of you are the reason my repairs take so long... my SA is too busy having his knob slobbered on by everyone to talk to the service tech and get me an update.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Dude i'm reading this shit and thinking the same thing.

Quote:
Haha.. I doubt it. It's proboby more than you spent $90Gs on a car. Dealerships like to keep the high-rollers happy so you'll buy another one in two years.

To think that your SA has any real tangible pull with what happens in the work bays is kind of naive if you ask me. Each task (regular service or repairs) has specific ammounts of time assigned to them... It doesn't benefit the service tech at all to rush through these time frames to get your car out faster. Think about it, if shit goes south after a repair, who is more likely loose their job? The SA or the Tech?

Anyway, If you guys can justify it I guess go for it. I won't be kissing any SA's ass any time soon.

If the SA was a hot chic then I would probably want to lick her ass, but all this sucking up is ridiculous..My wife would bitch all night about some of the shit you guys are saying.....Of course she wouldn't know about the hot SA if there was one.....There's a cute black chic at my dealer but she does the buick services....been thinking about buying a buick lately haha
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #35
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Tip the SA ?? Nope.

Bullshit with the SA until he gives me enough chits so I can get a free sandwich at their cafe?? Yep.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 03:20 AM   #36
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:

It isn't kissing ass.. it is just being a nice guy..
My dealership, at least, is full of really chill people whom I enjoy talking to and don't do it to social engineer or something...
Let me put it this way, would you get your CPA a small gift on xmas if he performed well? I would.

anywho, I do get perks all the time and they take care of me a lot! I barely get charged labor, I don't ever wait in line, my car never takes more than a day (regardless of problem), I never need an appointment (just walk in and my car takes less than a day) and if it does due to parts needed to be ordered, I always get the best courtesy car. I once got an M3 as a courtesy car.

I enjoy the atmosphere it creates. I feel like I'm visiting a friend's store instead of a dealership trying to screw me out of my last penny.