BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

01-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep
Drives: jet black e92 m3

Top 5 killers.

5) Toxic agents
4) Microbal bacteria
3) Alcohol abuse
2) Obesity
1) Smoking (surprise surprise)

Considering a car doesn't run you over obviously lol.

But wow I was watching Dr.G

Toxic agents: carbon monoxide poisoning and other such agents. This dude has a gas generator running in the other room and slipped away in his sleep

Microbal bacteria: meningitis, hepatitis and other such things. Man got bit by a spider and infection spread where his body couldn't fight it off and he died.

Alcohol abuse: Hurts you no matter what you say. Your liver is trying to get rid of this toxic substance you are ingesting that can cause liver diseases. Acute and chronic liver disease will get you. Ironically, this guy died from NOT drinking believe it or not. He was SUCH an alcoholic that when his exwife told him not to drink, he went into withdrawal and started shaking and his body could not keep his body temperature stable and he died. Kills 85, 000 people + 14, 000 from alcohol related accidents.

Obesity: ENDLESS diseases related to this from diabetes, cancer, heart disease, stroke, clots. Obesity is said to reduce your life by 20 years.....TWENTY YEARS. Keep your BMI (body mass index) within 18.5 and 24.9. If you don't know you BMI, go here http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/. On the left of that page it will tell you if you are overweight or obese meaning you are at greater risk of heart disease, diabetes and hypertension. Kills 300, 000 people a year in the U.S

Smoking: Need I say more? Cancer, stroke, heart attack, chronic artery disease. Research some of the toxins in one cigarette and you'll be amazed. Every cancer possible can be acquired from smoking. 90% of lung cancers are related to smoking. 90%...so if 10 people have lung cancer, 9 of them got it from smoking, that's just sick. Research shows that smokers whether light or heavy smokers are prone to the same level of diseases. Meaning, don't think that just because you smoke less, you are at lesser risk, you are not. On the plus side, just 24 hours after you quit smoking, your lungs and body in general start improving and repairing the damage, That's an incentive for smoker to quit smoking. kills 430, 000 people a year in the U.S

Live well and take care
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

damn all these smoking threads are so moving. i think ill actually try to quit
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

and non of those top 5 killers are important to do in life, you don't have to smoke,drink or over eat. its all the choices that we make and people you hang out with. it sucks that i know a lot of people at my age that do most of them except overeating.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
40yroldawakening
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Garage List
07 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
damn all these smoking threads are so moving. i think ill actually try to quit

I'm on my 10th day of NO Smoking. I am 41 and started when I was 15, have averaged 1 1/2 packs a day.

Its been tough, but I think I have it licked. I already feel better, but i'm so worried about putting on weight, I am already over-weight, don't want to put more on.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
Accord
U.S. Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Coupe (MB Red)

Over the past 7 years, #1 has got to be US Marines.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
Bmoney2K4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i

you forgot to mention a small penis
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep
Drives: jet black e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40yroldawakening View Post
I'm on my 10th day of NO Smoking. I am 41 and started when I was 15, have averaged 1 1/2 packs a day.

Its been tough, but I think I have it licked. I already feel better, but i'm so worried about putting on weight, I am already over-weight, don't want to put more on.
Good for you. I don't smoke, never have. What you are doing is so hard, I don't think I would be able to do it. I am one of the lucky ones that never started in the first place and that is much easier than what you have embarked on.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

I for one don't drink, i have smoked a couple times before only to never do it again. I guess I'm lucky that i made the right choices and I'm grateful for that.

Thanks for the info
Appreciate 0