BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-27-2006, 01:13 AM   #1
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i,'04 RX 330,'99Corolla

Exclamation Need Help With Ipod Photon 60 Gb!!!!!!

So today as I was entering my house I got shit load of books and items from skool, so wat happen was that I put my IPOD on top of the book to carry and right when I enter the door, I trip and the IPOD fell to the ground and landed on my Dog's water bowl. I was :mad: at myself for being lazy and carrying shit load of items. So I took the IPOD out of the water bowl and lefted on the table for like 3 hour since I have to do my shit load of hw so like a few min ago, I turn on the IPOD and wierd screen pop up saying : IPOD DIAGNOSTICS
S&V MAR 22 2005
MEMORY
IO
POWER
STATUS
SYSCFG
DISKMODE
RESET

I try to scroll down but the click wheel is not working at all :mad: so now I am stuck here doing nothing since the IPOD keep shutting down by itselves and turning it back on every min. Please help me out guys. I would really appreciate it.

Warning: The post above may contain some grammar mistakes, this user apologize for his bad English since he is not American.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2006, 01:24 AM   #2
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor.L3IchibanM3
So today as I was entering my house I got shit load of books and items from skool, so wat happen was that I put my IPOD on top of the book to carry and right when I enter the door, I trip and the IPOD fell to the ground and landed on my Dog's water bowl. I was :mad: at myself for being lazy and carrying shit load of items. So I took the IPOD out of the water bowl and lefted on the table for like 3 hour since I have to do my shit load of hw so like a few min ago, I turn on the IPOD and wierd screen pop up saying : IPOD DIAGNOSTICS
S&V MAR 22 2005
MEMORY
IO
POWER
STATUS
SYSCFG
DISKMODE
RESET

I try to scroll down but the click wheel is not working at all :mad: so now I am stuck here doing nothing since the IPOD keep shutting down by itselves and turning it back on every min. Please help me out guys. I would really appreciate it.

Warning: The post above may contain some grammar mistakes, this user apologize for his bad English since he is not American.

What kind of weed do you smoke and where can I get some?
      10-27-2006, 01:55 AM   #3
Neon21db
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi Q8

Let it dry more. Try using a hair dryer. If that doesn't work, you gotta open up the case and let all the water evaporate; also use a hair dryer.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2006, 01:57 AM   #4
BeeEmDubU
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 325i

what is an ipod photon?
      10-27-2006, 02:01 AM   #5
Neon21db
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi Q8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeEmDubU
what is an ipod photon?
I think he meant Ipod Photo
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2006, 04:08 AM   #6
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
I laid mine on top of the dog house and accidently knocked it into the dogs water bowl. I quickly fished it out and shook all of the water out and then I let it dry overnight and it was good. Hope you have the same luck!
      10-27-2006, 12:14 PM   #7
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon21db
Let it dry more. Try using a hair dryer. If that doesn't work, you gotta open up the case and let all the water evaporate; also use a hair dryer.
if this doesnt work you'll have to take it back to apple and have them fix it. if the person you deal with is cool you may get off cheap, less than $100 to fix it. i have returned old ipods that weren't working well and received brand new ones for like sixty bucks. good luck.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2006, 12:59 PM   #8
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

leave it out in direct hot sun for a full day, your pod will be charged up and working again. And stop messing with them pod and myspace and konsentrade on skool pleese.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #9
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
leave it out in direct hot sun for a full day, your pod will be charged up and working again. And stop messing with them pod and myspace and konsentrade on skool pleese.
yapp, wat he sed. lowl.
      10-27-2006, 01:50 PM   #10
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Quote:
if this doesnt work you'll have to take it back to apple and have them fix it. if the person you deal with is cool you may get off cheap, less than $100 to fix it. i have returned old ipods that weren't working well and received brand new ones for like sixty bucks. good luck.
Amen to that. Just go into a local mall apple store and go, 'my ipod quit working'. Most times they'll just hook you up. My video had one green pixel and instead of messing with all the "how to get a stuck lcd pixel unstuck" tricks, I just went into a store one day and pointed it out. Took it from me, gave me a new shrink wrapped one off the shelf and apologized for not having the time to copy over the data for me (which would've had to involve no-no software).

Couple of my friends have taken back way out of warranty ipods and had them replaced no questions asked.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #11
tintivilus
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
2003 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon21db
I usually skip right to the taking-gadget-apart phase. More than once I've had tiny copper bits (like foil/plastic flex cables) corrode to junk while waiting for something to dry on its own. The iPod is a little less friendly to disassemble than most handheld gadgets, but it's not a huge deal.

Take it apart, wipe off the standing water, and let it dry. Clean off any nasty funk, and put it back together. 9/10, you'll be good as new.
Appreciate 0