BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-19-2022, 02:23 AM   #1
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

EDC Delete Options

I am currently weighting out the 2 different options to delete EDC from my car as I will be upgrading to coilovers this winter.

So please correct me if I’m wrong.

Option 1A
Emulator method:
As far as I know only KW and Macht Schnell makes EDC emulator for the e9x. From what I gathered, KW unit have 3 modules with 2 that go under the hood and 1 in the trunk. The KW unit also runs hot as it works based on resistant to trick the car into thinking the EDC is still active. The downside of the KW unit is each module is bulky and not the most attractive thing to go under the hood. It is also the most pricey option.

Option 1B
Macht Schnell unit works by intercepting the signal at the EDC module to trick the car into thinking the EDC is active. The only down side I could tell with the MS unit is you’ll need to tap/splice into the oem harness. My OCD-ness is against tapping into oem wiring. But the up side is MS is a single unit and it is hidden behind the trunk liner.

Option 2:
Coding: I have no knowledge on coding and I don’t have the software and cable to do this. Also from what I gathered the coding option only turns off the error/warning light on the dash. There will still be a soft fault code that’ll show up when you scan the car for fault. Is this correct?

Obviously coding option is cheaper, but I don’t even know where to start other than a few posts I found on this forum that describes what to code. But software should I get to do the coding? Bimmergeeks or something else?

Option 2B
Pay someone to code it remotely? But cost wise for this is more or less same as the MS emulator.

Can someone point me in the right direction in terms of coding? Step by step guide would be great!!
Appreciate 0