BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

BPM

11-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
Rostasteve
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black M3

Morristown BMW

I always considered Morristown BMW to be the best dealer in NNJ, but my recent experience left me thinking otherwise.

The good: I've been buying parts from Morristown BMW for years and have been very happy with them. Great prices with the CCA discount and go the extra mile to help you figure out what you need.

The bad: Decided to take the M3 in for a routine oil change. The bill came out to $560! After numerous revisions and conversations with the manager the bill came down to a discounted price. I refuse to believe that it was an honest mistake. Wasted an hour of my time.

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
cprx7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i;

$560 ?? That's a lot of oil..... Lol
I been to the parts dpt and a cool kid at the desk offered aftermarket parts for my m3. He said he owns one himself. Anyway, I'm glad I cancel my oil change appt
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostasteve View Post
I always considered Morristown BMW to be the best dealer in NNJ, but my recent experience left me thinking otherwise.

The good: I've been buying parts from Morristown BMW for years and have been very happy with them. Great prices with the CCA discount and go the extra mile to help you figure out what you need.

The bad: Decided to take the M3 in for a routine oil change. The bill came out to $560! After numerous revisions and conversations with the manager the bill came down to a discounted price. I refuse to believe that it was an honest mistake. Wasted an hour of my time.

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?
What exactly was $560?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprx7 View Post
$560 ?? That's a lot of oil..... Lol
I been to the parts dpt and a cool kid at the desk offered aftermarket parts for my m3. He said he owns one himself. Anyway, I'm glad I cancel my oil change appt
Sounds like you dealt with Mike
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
btgM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

get my oil changed every 3k at Habberstad. Because it's not during the scheduled changes I have to pay for it out of pocket and it's only like $260. They price they charged you is insane. I was never even charged close to that by my Porsche dealer when I had my 997TT...and my dealer was on the higher side.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
jeff4598
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C HS, DCT, much Dinan

They are pleasant and it's a nice place but IMO they are not "car people", no performance orientation at all. Just got oil change, total was just over $250 with tax including~$3.50 for wiper fluid that I did not ask for-trivial but IMO sleazy. Oh yes and they overfilled the oil so I had to go back after waiting 1:45 for a scheduled oil change appointment. And amazingly for the first time in 4+1/2 years they did not send me a satisfaction survey! So apparently they cherry-pick the happier customers for a survey- that will result in a call to BMW NA!

I prefer Flemington BMW even though it's a drive- they are a Dinan dealer and seem to understand we want more than a shiny car- although they do not have the "hot babe" contingent that Morristown has year in and year out- (which BTW is offensive as hell- clearly they won't hirer an average looking woman or one over 35 and do they all CHOOSE to parade around the vast, hard dealership floor in "mega" high heels? I doubt it's by choice since it's been 100% for 4 and 1/2 years0 Flemington feels more professional- less show/ more go.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #6
cprx7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i;

+1 on the "hawt counter girls" sleazy for sure. When it comes to my car I rather deal with a guy that knows and understands rather than getting a I dont' know shit look from a counter girl
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
Rostasteve
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4598 View Post
They are pleasant and it's a nice place but IMO they are not "car people", no performance orientation at all. Just got oil change, total was just over $250 with tax including~$3.50 for wiper fluid that I did not ask for-trivial but IMO sleazy. Oh yes and they overfilled the oil so I had to go back after waiting 1:45 for a scheduled oil change appointment. And amazingly for the first time in 4+1/2 years they did not send me a satisfaction survey! So apparently they cherry-pick the happier customers for a survey- that will result in a call to BMW NA!

I prefer Flemington BMW even though it's a drive- they are a Dinan dealer and seem to understand we want more than a shiny car- although they do not have the "hot babe" contingent that Morristown has year in and year out- (which BTW is offensive as hell- clearly they won't hirer an average looking woman or one over 35 and do they all CHOOSE to parade around the vast, hard dealership floor in "mega" high heels? I doubt it's by choice since it's been 100% for 4 and 1/2 years0 Flemington feels more professional- less show/ more go.
Their parts guys are car guys who know their stuff. One guy has an ESS blower on his M3 and I've hung around to talk to him. Parts prices are competitive with online vendors. But the "service advisors" and are mostly young attractive women (mine was). The 2 "advisors" I spoke with were clearly not car people.

Here's how the $560 bill broke down: 9x $35/qt of oil + $40 for the oil filter + $11 to top off the washer fluid + 1hr of labor @ $144 + shop fees + taxes.
It took them several rounds (and 1 hour!) to figure what the right price should be and I still don't have a conclusive number! They all kept saying "but it's an M," as though that's a good enough reason to rip me off.

On the positive side, I asked them to not overfill the oil and they didn't -- filled 8qt. and gave me a full qt. to top off myself.

Unf. Flemington is too out of the way for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #8
bretster
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Their parts guys are car guys who know their stuff. One guy has an ESS blower on his M3 and I've hung around to talk to him. Parts prices are competitive with online vendors. But the "service advisors" and are mostly young attractive women (mine was). The 2 "advisors" I spoke with were clearly not car people.

Here's how the $560 bill broke down: 9x $35/qt of oil + $40 for the oil filter + $11 to top off the washer fluid + 1hr of labor @ $144 + shop fees + taxes.
It took them several rounds (and 1 hour!) to figure what the right price should be and I still don't have a conclusive number! They all kept saying "but it's an M," as though that's a good enough reason to rip me off.

On the positive side, I asked them to not overfill the oil and they didn't -- filled 8qt. and gave me a full qt. to top off myself.

$35 a quart? what the fuck? $40 for the oil filter too? that seems so high haha
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #9
rawdenim
Glorious Leader
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

$11 to top off the washer fluid? I can top it off for $1.50.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #10
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5

Jeez
what a ripoff.. Isn't the list on the oil 13.50/quart
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #11
Rostasteve
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretster View Post
$35 a quart? what the fuck? $40 for the oil filter too? that seems so high haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawwadh View Post
Jeez
what a ripoff.. Isn't the list on the oil 13.50/quart
Their parts dept. sells it for ~$12 with the CCA discount. Funny thing is that I actually bought a qt while I was waiting for the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydenimisraw View Post
$11 to top off the washer fluid? I can top it off for $1.50.
For some reason this charge irked me the most.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #12
jrlee53
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

That's insane. I only pay $160 at my indy shop and uses lubro moly and genuine BMW filter.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #13
Mr.MichaelM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3XC

Quote:

That guys sounds like a pretty cool dude

2015 F80 M3: JB4 and MPE

2022 G80 M3CX: At port
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #14
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I buy the kit online and get it changed at mobil for 39$
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #15
pskills
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

I don't have any experience with the service dept but went there last year to look at a 335. The salesman tried to convince me that the 328 was basically the same car and the info I had gotten online about the performance of the 335 was internet mumbo jumbo.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #16
jdip23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335IS

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335IS  [0.00]
You couldn't pay me to take my car there. And you couldnt pay me to buy a car there. By far the biggest ripoff and I have never found anyone there that actually knew what they were talking about. Before my M3, I had a 335IS and a rattle in the muffler. I took it to them and they had to replace the one muffler. I picked up my car and the one muffler stuck out about 3 inches further than the other one. I couldn't believe someone didnt look at it and notice it but they found the time to remove my custom license plate cover and put on the cheap bmw morristown cover. They apologized for it but never could trust their hands on my M. I go elsewhere now for any and all service.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #17
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:

Was the labor rate also including the happy ending?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 07:57 AM   #18
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskills View Post
I don't have any experience with the service dept but went there last year to look at a 335. The salesman tried to convince me that the 328 was basically the same car and the info I had gotten online about the performance of the 335 was internet mumbo jumbo.
Appreciate 0