BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

07-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
yru12bnvs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06

Any Independent IT Network Consultants in California?

Hello everyone,
I'm an indy network consultant in the greater NYC area. I have been doing this for years in my area and business has been great.

I grew up in southern California and moved to NJ in my early teens. Ever since I left, i've missed living there dearly. Lately i've been contemplating on picking up the family and making the move to either the Silicon Valley area or south in/near Santa Monica (somewhere close to the water). My wife is an RN and I doubt she'll have trouble finding work there, but rather i'm curious about my line of business.

In addition to viewing dice.com and other similar sites to get a feel for the IT market out there; are any of you indy network consultants living in California? How is the market, especially in comparison to the greater NYC area? Any issues finding gigs or are you usually booked throughout the year?

In my brief research, it seems more of a full time type of market rather than a consultant friendly type of market, although I may be wrong.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Regards.
      07-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
santov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si White over Beige

PM sent.
Appreciate 0