BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 MW E92 M3

A generation of men raised by women

I know this is a quote from the movie Fight Club, but what do you guys think?

It seems that the "Pussification of America" is getting worse by the day. A lot of men these days seem to think by emotion rather than logic.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

coolstorybrah?
      05-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

05-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep

^^^Exactly.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

It's true. There's nothing we can do about it other than target the worst offenders and eliminate them from the equation....

But, then again, in today's pussified society I'd probably get thrown in jail for murdering useless people. What a fucked up country.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

You kind of remind me of a bloody womb just for creating the thread
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
You kind of remind me of a bloody womb just for creating the thread
I mean no offense to bastard boys.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Not me ...I was breastfed by a male wolf!!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #9
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
damn raised by wolves... was Disneyland Jungle Book the story of your life

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #10
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #11
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92addict View Post

It seems that the "Pussification of America" is getting worse by the day. A lot of men these days seem to think by emotion rather than logic.
How so? Can you cite this? At least anecdotally?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #12
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
...that wasn't his nipple...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #13
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
...that wasn't his nipple...
I am pretty sure it was because it produced some kind of tasty white fluid but just a spoonful at a time ....I was undernourished until I grow up and started hunting on my own.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #14
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How so? Can you cite this? At least anecdotally?
http://artofmanliness.com/2010/12/13...ised-by-women/

http://alpha-lifestyle.blogspot.com/...-by-women.html

...A Matriarchal model where women believe that they should be leading the family because they were raised by a single mom who taught them that they have to fend for themselves. And the man in the relationship doesn’t know how to lead it because he is sitting around licking his own balls because he too was raised by a single mom and is tired of being “controlled” by women, and ultimately bails on the relationship—perpetuating the viscous cycle...

EDIT: And there's nothing wrong with being in touch with your feminine side.

Last edited by UBERV8; 05-24-2011 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #15
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
FWIW, a main theme of Fight Club (along with anti-consumerism) which is particularly evidenced by the quote you used "A generation of men raised by women" is the effects of broken homes on male children, obviously focused on those raised by their mothers without a father figure. The "pussification" thing is only one of these propositions, but the whole thing is really a commentary on the main character's attempts to find hope, control, and stability, in an overall oppressive situation. "Finding" or "searching" for one's masculinity is perhaps a way of summarizing the character's quest for overall satisfaction, but I believe you are probably misconstruing or overreaching basing this thread on this plot and that quote.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #16
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
http://artofmanliness.com/2010/12/13...ised-by-women/

http://alpha-lifestyle.blogspot.com/...-by-women.html

...A Matriarchal model where women believe that they should be leading the family because they were raised by a single mom who taught them that they have to fend for themselves. And the man in the relationship doesn’t know how to lead it because he is sitting around licking his own balls because he too was raised by a single mom and is tired of being “controlled” by women, and ultimately bails on the relationship—perpetuating the viscous cycle...

EDIT: And there's nothing wrong with being in touch with your feminine side.
Yes, I know where the idea comes from and that it exists, but again I'm unsure of how exactly you've come to the conclusion that men are thinking more emotionally than logically, and how this correlates to being more or less manly, and is an overall good or bad thing, other than you've found a couple of websites proposing it. I can find websites proposing 9/11 was an inside job, we've never landed on the moon, which both make more convincing arguments for their respective hypothesis than these two do.

I might make an argument that the most "pussified" men are ones who grew up comfortably, in a functioning family, who never had to go out and stake claim for anything on their own. And that conversely, in a situation where a son is raised by a single mom, he is often forced into a masculine role, providing a mechanism to display leadership and other "alpha" type qualities throughout his upbringing, as opposed to the male child who is rightfully content in letting his father handle those situations. The divorce rate shown in your first link supports this argument as well, as if men are on the whole more pussified these days than not, the divorce rate for when they were growing up was significantly lower than it is now. Additionally, there is much to support (namely a study by UPenn that finds children of divorce are twice as likely to be jailed) that children (especially males) raised by single parents (most often mothers) are more prone to violent crimes, which I certainly don't condone, but am not going to classify as "pussy-ish" either

Last edited by BTM; 05-24-2011 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #17
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
FWIW, a main theme of Fight Club (along with anti-consumerism) which is particularly evidenced by the quote you used "A generation of men raised by women" is the effects of broken homes on male children, obviously focused on those raised by their mothers without a father figure. The "pussification" thing is only one of these propositions, but the whole thing is really a commentary on the main character's attempts to find hope, control, and stability, in an overall oppressive situation. "Finding" or "searching" for one's masculinity is perhaps a way of summarizing the character's quest for overall satisfaction, but I believe you are probably misconstruing or overreaching basing this thread on this plot and that quote.
Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a phag, and your shit's all retarded.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #18
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I get what you're saying. I didn't really want to cite that quote from the movie, because I felt it would draw attention and authenticity away from the statement itself. However, I know that not all people had the privelege to have a mom/dad growing up, (I was fortunate to have both) but as we see the generational effects that are perpetuated (i.e. gangbangers, bullies, pimps, etc...) I am just an advocate to man up if you have a son and be the father you're supposed to be.

My passion on this topic derives from a recent heated convo I had with a couple of friends.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #19
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a phag, and your shit's all retarded.
Funny movie, that's devolution, which I also don't agree with. I read about and hear these "everything's getting worse" theories all the time, but for the most part they come across as whimsical soliloquies by some journalist, writer, or someone with a blog or otherwise sitting down to wax philosophical about their untrained and insignificant observances or unrealistically projecting their nostalgia unto modern society, immediately assuming differences to be negative, and otherwise subjectively prosthelytizing in a way in which the "true" men they are idolizing wouldn't dare conduct themselves.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #20
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am just an advocate to man up if you have a son and be the father you're supposed to be.
I absolutely agree with this.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #21
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I know where the idea comes from and that it exists, but again I'm unsure of how exactly you've come to the conclusion that men are thinking more emotionally than logically, and how this correlates to being more or less manly, and is an overall good or bad thing, other than you've found a couple of websites proposing it. I can find websites proposing 9/11 was an inside job, we've never landed on the moon, which both make more convincing arguments for their respective hypothesis than these two do.

I might make an argument that the most "pussified" men are ones who grew up comfortably, in a functioning family, who never had to go out and stake claim for anything on their own. And that conversely, in a situation where a son is raised by a single mom, he is often forced into a masculine role, providing a mechanism to display leadership and other "alpha" type qualities throughout his upbringing, as opposed to the male child who is rightfully content in letting his father handle those situations. The divorce rate shown in your first link supports this argument as well, as if men are on the whole more pussified these days than not, the divorce rate for when they were growing up was significantly lower than it is now. Additionally, there is much to support (namely a study by UPenn that finds children of divorce are twice as likely to be jailed) that children (especially males) raised by single parents (most often mothers) are more prone to violent crimes, which I certainly don't condone, but am not going to classify as "pussy-ish" either

BTM,

I really appreciate your feedback. Well, you said a mouthful and kept editing so it's a little difficult to respond. The most I can say is I brought this up to see other perspectives and be enlightened. Interesting study at UPenn and I can attest to those findings based upon some of the friends I grew up with.

When I mention "pussy-like" anything related to men, it's the defeated men that take on women-like characteristics or a false sense of manhood based on what they've observed through media or other mediums. Basically, most guys would say a man that beats the shit out of someone is not a pussy at all and I'd agree. It would be the reason behind why he beat the shit out of a person that matters most. I think as far as a man's man point of view, it's not the situation, but how one responds to the situation that matters most.

A traditional man can discipline a boy in ways that a woman cannot.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #22
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
A real man will do what's right. Every confrontation does not have to be a fight. Rarely, should confrontations get physical. Someone who's default "solution" is to fight is just childish.

A real man can assess whether or not to change his own tire - he will not risk changing one in a storm at night with a shitty jack putting himself in danger when he can call someone better prepared. He will have the minuscule amount of funds available to cover this, because he can think ahead, and is mature enough to realize one cannot plan for these situations.

He can discipline his children without laying a hand on them. He can open up and talk earnestly about his feelings to someone he confides in when he needs to, and otherwise does not saddle everyone around complaining about his problems. He does need to do anything to feign a manly appearance. Real men can wear nice clothes and appreciate luxury just like women can, because they do not derive masculinity extrinsically. They can even (gasp!) drive Miatas or convertibles, if that is the car they like best
Appreciate 0